The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm stumped then :lol:

How many seasons have Falkirk actually achieved more than St Johnstone? 

Genuinely, as a quick glimpse suggests one or two seasons in the last 30 years. 

I'm genuinely confused to what separates the two clubs beyond having a couple of hundred more season ticket holders.

St Johnstone and Falkirk have the same amount of league trophies, Falkirk have 1 more major trophy, but nothing in almost 60 years, St Johnstone have a bigger stadium, St Johnstone have far more money, St Johnstone have played in Europe 5 more times than Falkirk. 

What am I missing?

Presumably you're missing average gates.

Genuine question:  How do they compare?  

Hi guys. Never really posted in here but was getting bored of the “my c*ck is bigger than yours” debate so thought I’d try and change the subject. 
Not expecting much to happen until the shambles in the boardroom is sorted but hearing Ray has asked for 15 players. 10 on bigger money, circa £1000 a week with 5 on lesser dough of around £400 or £500. If true and we can budget for this then no reason why we can’t build a decent side
IMO (not disputing whether you heard it or not) that budget is a huge overestimate.

Also, Senor Bairns cock is bigger than everyone elses

5 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

If you have to argue that you are a bigger team then you are not a bigger team. Falkirk FC are massive and there is no argument.

I mean, it's a Falkirk fan who's arguing Falkirk are bigger, I'm merely asking how he quantifies that, there seems to be no logic in it, just him stating it.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Presumably you're missing average gates.

Genuine question:  How do they compare?  

Who knows. Our average crowds are heavily swayed by the larger away gates we get, and we dont have anywhere that records the home crowds, in an ironic twist our home support suffers as it plummets for Old Firm games (a large portion of the support these days are families). From a guess we average ~2500 home supporters over a season, but I don't know how that compares.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

IMO (not disputing whether you heard it or not) that budget is a huge overestimate.

Also, Senor Bairns cock is bigger than everyone elses

Would that budget not be similar to what we pay just now? I’m guessing most of our players are on somewhere between £500 and £800?? Smaller squad, some on lesser money might not be too dissimilar? 

I’m not sure just trying to work out if this is realistic or not

25 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I have realised my ignorance in this and can only say I genuinely thought the European cup semi against Celtic was as good as they got in Europe. Happy to have my ignorance corrected 

Fair enough.

They were robbed of winning the big one in 1975 with a team brimming with Scots.

Fear an Alston return, if true (highly unlikely), would end up like the return of Rory Loy.
It won't. Hes not coming back. But hypothetically, Alston is no Loy. He has been performing pretty well in the top league. Think his inconsistency which we all know about probably held him back there. He wouod fucking destroy League 1

It won't. Hes not coming back. But hypothetically, Alston is no Loy. He has been performing pretty well in the top league. Think his inconsistency which we all know about probably held him back there. He wouod fucking destroy League 1

Actually told by a usually reliable source that there is substance to the Alston rumour (much to my surprise) and that Tidser is still very interested.
Potential problem being the reluctance of certain influential old men to back the managers plans.

Actually told by a usually reliable source that there is substance to the Alston rumour (much to my surprise) and that Tidser is still very interested.
Potential problem being the reluctance of certain influential old men to back the managers plans.
If Alston and Tidser are actually on the cards for League 1 then we could be looking at a decent season, with good attacking football, so I will choose to exercise my cynicism.

Not because I disbelieve you, purely because I dont trust the people in charge, and also, look at the fucking nick of us.

If Alston and Tidser sign for us I will be very surprised. The mess at boardroom level surely will hinder us into who we can afford and when. I fully expect them to sign elsewhere and us to be scratching around looking in the bargain bin and loans. McKinnon might not even be here come start of the season if there is a takeover. There needs to be some sort of clarity over the whole debacle and quickly. If things drag on all summer I can see us spending more than 1 season in league 1. 

Hi guys. Never really posted in here but was getting bored of the “my c*ck is bigger than yours” debate so thought I’d try and change the subject. 

Not expecting much to happen until the shambles in the boardroom is sorted but hearing Ray has asked for 15 players. 10 on bigger money, circa £1000 a week with 5 on lesser dough of around £400 or £500. If true and we can budget for this then no reason why we can’t build a decent side

I am sure that is what he want but he has no chance of getting it unless funding comes in via new owners or the MSG dipping their hands in their pockets

If this is true and he was to get his wish, I'm assuming he would have a few young guys as part of the squad as well? 15 seems a very low number for a squad

If Alston and Tidser sign for us I will be very surprised. The mess at boardroom level surely will hinder us into who we can afford and when. I fully expect them to sign elsewhere and us to be scratching around looking in the bargain bin and loans. McKinnon might not even be here come start of the season if there is a takeover. There needs to be some sort of clarity over the whole debacle and quickly. If things drag on all summer I can see us spending more than 1 season in league 1. 

This is where I am. Pretty sure there was a decent plan in place to build the core of a side in this league by spending a few quid to try and make sure we got out of it. That would then give us the base to have a decent side in the championship the year after.

However the lack of clarity on ownership rendering us pretty rudderless and self preservation in the Boardroom means we are stuck in this vacuum.

There is a Board meeting this Thursday hopefully this will move things on. Failure to do that there will be a disaster and a disgrace.

7 hours ago, BottiBiabi said:

Fear an Alston return, if true (highly unlikely), would end up like the return of Rory Loy.

Nah, he was playing well enough for us and a lot of our fans are unhappy hes gone. He was just up against more consistent players, and with promising youngsters coming through, was the easiest to shift out to allow them to break into the squad. 

I doubt we'll hear anything about his future soon anyway, Saints players are contracted until the end of the month. One already has a move agreed but it isnt being announced until the start of next month.

37 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There is a Board meeting this Thursday hopefully this will move things on. Failure to do that there will be a disaster and a disgrace.

By then four complete weeks will have passed since the end of the season. Four weeks in which the manager was unable to do anything in terms of recruitment. Four weeks in which our targets who wanted to sign (or re-sign) were being tempted by offers from elsewhere

Some might suggest that the  deadline to declare "disaster and disgrace" has long since passed.