The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Leeds aren't comparable to Falkirk. Leeds were once a European superpower.

Falkirk have 0 top tier titles, with only 2 top two finishes, and havent won a major trophy in over 50 years.

If you're comparing yourself to an English club then Charlton is closer.

St Johnstone would be Everton.

Have any of those clubs paid a World record transfer fee :P

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I never said we were a big club. I don’t think we are.

You just put your team on par with Everton ffs.

Was meaning as a "mid table at best side who'll push up the league with a decent manager, but will never actually challenge for anything important". 

Maybe a Burnley would be more fitting.

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

hqdefault.jpg.37a92200d1cf30fbe6f96ebc2692ecf0.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

That’s the clincher right there.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

League position over many years, average attendances, cup success, turnover, European football, calibre of players and managers.

No idea how anyone can think Falkirk are in 'bigger' than St Johnstone unless you literally use a single criteria of season ticket sales.

You are confusing “bigger” with “better”.  St Johnstone have undoubtedly been better in most respects for a good few years now. Falkirk however, are the bigger club.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I heard Stenny are signing O'Hara so the jokes firmly on you.

OK. Good one mate.

Only passing on what I've heard. Doesn't make sense to me either but there you go. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I know, by this criteria Alloa are bigger that QoS.
Clearly makes sense.....

Which criteria?

Say they're bigger if you like though. 

I support Queens because they're local to me.  If I was from a smaller place, I'd support a smaller club; a bigger place a bigger one.  It wouldn't actually reflect on me either way.

Which criteria?
Say they're bigger if you like though. 
I support Queens because they're local to me.  If I was from a smaller place, I'd support a smaller club; a bigger place a bigger one.  It wouldn't actually reflect on me either way.

Nobody cares x

I wish you guys would stop having a pissing contest - "my team's bigger than your team", yadda, yadda, yadda.   Apart from the fools who support Celtic and Rangers who don't come from Glasgow and have no connection with them maybe except for sectarian reasons, the rest of us support the team we were born or brought up nearest to.  I support the Bairns not because of their size or how good the football is (just as well :))  , but because they are my home town team.  The same can be said of the majority of supporters up and down the land.

I don't dislike any other team or their supporters (apart from the religiously motivated as stated above - religion should have no place in sport), we are all in the same boat.  If I had been born in Perth I would have supported  St.Johnstone, etc,  but instead my dad lifted me and my brother over the turnstiles at Brockville in the early 70's.  

1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Leeds were never a European superpower, they were the best team in England for a few years but never won a European trophy. I don't really care about Falkirk or St Johnstone being bigger clubs than each other, we are both middling clubs. but Leeds certainly don't deserve to be given that accolade. 

FFS! :lol:

Leeds' European record in the late 60s and early 70s -

2 Fairs Cup wins

European Cup Finalist

UEFA Cup Winners Cup Finalist

UEFA Cup Finalist.

49 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Would that be the same Burnley with two Premier League titles and an FA Cup.....

I'm stumped then :lol:

31 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You are confusing “bigger” with “better”.  St Johnstone have undoubtedly been better in most respects for a good few years now. Falkirk however, are the bigger club.

How many seasons have Falkirk actually achieved more than St Johnstone? 

Genuinely, as a quick glimpse suggests one or two seasons in the last 30 years. 

I'm genuinely confused to what separates the two clubs beyond having a couple of hundred more season ticket holders.

St Johnstone and Falkirk have the same amount of league trophies, Falkirk have 1 more major trophy, but nothing in almost 60 years, St Johnstone have a bigger stadium, St Johnstone have far more money, St Johnstone have played in Europe 5 more times than Falkirk. 

What am I missing?

Edited by RandomGuy.

Hi guys. Never really posted in here but was getting bored of the “my c*ck is bigger than yours” debate so thought I’d try and change the subject. 

Not expecting much to happen until the shambles in the boardroom is sorted but hearing Ray has asked for 15 players. 10 on bigger money, circa £1000 a week with 5 on lesser dough of around £400 or £500. If true and we can budget for this then no reason why we can’t build a decent side