The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why on earth would they not want to get promoted? The revenue streams in the top flight are far greater. 

So are the outgoings as well though you will have higher policing costs when the 2 arse cheeks come to town, although.

I would say during our time in the championship we have higher gate from the likes of Hibs, Hearts and Sevco and the board have been happily treading water not having to worry about relegation and getting the odd payday from the player sales of late we have been lucky which is the equivalent of a lottery win coming in to top up their balance or get there money back whatever they put in.

The PH decision i think most fans wanted it as he was the obvious choice due to what was out of work at the time and most fans did want it, it wasnt till he was in place and few Alloa fans said his man management was shite and it was like Yogi on steroids as far as fall outs went.  The cull was too much too fast you cant turn over a full team and expect it to work that was just impossible, Christ himself couldnt have performed that miracle.

56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You still peddling this "club size is determined by league position"?

League position over many years, average attendances, cup success, turnover, European football, calibre of players and managers.

No idea how anyone can think Falkirk are in 'bigger' than St Johnstone unless you literally use a single criteria of season ticket sales.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

League position over many years, average attendances, cup success, turnover, European football, calibre of players and managers.

No idea how anyone can think Falkirk are in 'bigger' than St Johnstone unless you literally use a single criteria of season ticket sales.

How many years?

I take into account "number of c***s obsessed with us on P&B" and multiply it by a box office factor and add that to the criteria you mentioned.

We score highly in both of those categories, which makes us fucking massive.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So you think Burnley are a bigger club than Leeds for example ??

1 hour ago, BMbairn said:

To be fair had he not just been out for a year with injury.

He had played the 3 previous games.

No great loss and seemingly got better the more he was injured/ the more Fasan played.

Burgoyne was miles ahead.

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

So you think Burnley are a bigger club than Leeds for example ??

Leeds aren't comparable to Falkirk. Leeds were once a European superpower.

Falkirk have 0 top tier titles, with only 2 top two finishes, and havent won a major trophy in over 50 years.

If you're comparing yourself to an English club then Charlton is closer.

St Johnstone would be Everton.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Falkirk have 0 top tier titles, with only 2 top two finishes, and havent won a major trophy in over 50 years.

I must have missed when Saint Johnstone won a top tier title.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I must have missed when Saint Johnstone won a top tier title.

I'm not the one claiming his club are a "big club", though.

So a league 2 player is good enough for the premier league?

My point referred to goalkeepers not outfield players.
Of course in a 1 v 1 situation between a striker and an outfield player a better keeper will more likely snuff out an opportunity.
However having a keeper that makes blooper after blooper isn’t going to suddenly be competent because he stepped down a level.
Otherwise perhaps we should be sticking with Leo Fasan.....[emoji54]

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Leeds were never a European superpower, they were the best team in England for a few years but never won a European trophy. I don't really care about Falkirk or St Johnstone being bigger clubs than each other, we are both middling clubs. but Leeds certainly don't deserve to be given that accolade.