The Falkirk FC Thread

David Mitchell has signed for Clyde. How was he with you last season?
Capable of turning in a performance that makes you think you have a right good goalie, then next game he will throw one in the net.

The second part will happen more often than the first. It will beging to affect your defenders.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Capable of turning in a performance that makes you think you have a right good goalie, then next game he will throw one in the net.

The second part will happen more often than the first. It will beging to affect your defenders.

This. Ayr at home vs. Ayr away. I think he will be fine for league 1.

This. Ayr at home vs. Ayr away. I think he will be fine for league 1.

Why do we think goalkeepers are suddenly better when they step down a level? A shot is a shot at the end of the day and they still need to be saved.....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Why do we think goalkeepers are suddenly better when they step down a level? A shot is a shot atthe end of the day and they still need to be saved.....

So a league 2 player is good enough for the premier league?

Edited by wee_bairn

Why do we think goalkeepers are suddenly better when they step down a level? A shot is a shot at the end of the day and they still need to be saved.....
By that rationale, a really good amateur keeper could be good enough to play in a Champions League team?

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

At any level this is a howler 

CE6ABCA1-65E5-4D11-91E8-93BE550DA203.gif

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

St Johnstone seem to be the best model out there. Significantly smaller than FFC

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

St Johnstone aren't a smaller club, let alone significantly smaller, than Falkirk, unless your only criteria is season ticket holders.

It is, it seems. We've finished as one of the top 6 teams in the country more times in the past decade than Falkirk have managed in the last 80 years.

St Johnstone aren't a smaller club, let alone significantly smaller, than Falkirk, unless your only criteria is season ticket holders.

are you taking the piss aye?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

You still peddling this "club size is determined by league position"?

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

An epic away day, I'd imagine.

Absolutely this, our trip to Liechtenstein a few years ago was fucking great, the whole town was full of folk having a great night and the wee town (Feldkirch) we stayed in across the border in Austria was class. Plus the bonus that any team that actually qualifies for the group stages would make the kind of money they never see from domestic competition.

Were we running into the ground when we got to only our 5th Scottish cup final under this board? Were we running into the ground when we split hibs and rangers? We come up against a hibs team that went on to win the cup, rangers team that were far better than a normal championship side, we've had hearts down in the last few years, any other time and we would've been up under this board. And again that's not to say they've been great, closing the academy, racism statement etc..
I've been on my knees lots, yet to get a complaint :thumsup2

I said at the time, and Board members will confirm this, that when we made £1.3m in 2015 we should have banked the cash. Strategically that cash could have been used to get us up when those big clubs left the league. They could then have addressed the debt when income was much more assured in the Premiership.

What did they do? They paid back those who had soft loans and who invested in the pitch spending half that money.

Why did the do it? Purely my opinion of course, but I believe the MSG have never had any ambition to ever get promoted. If we got there via a play off - fair enough but to go out and really go for promotion - I don’t believe they cared.

The lack of ambition in an industry that needs to achievement to succeed financially has eventually caught up with us and we have been caught with our drawers down.

Who is to blame for this? Of course Hartley signed trash and has a part to play in the demise. However to hang our ten year malaise on one guy when in that time we are onto manager number 7 (including temps) and business plan 6 or 7 seems at best short sighted.

I actually do think the board should go, sell out to the best deal for our clubs future. There is to big a divide between the board and the majority of our support now. It's just that I think clubs  can be well run, do good things and still get it wrong on the pitch. We're not the first or only club to go down into a smaller league, we won't be the last either, we also won't be the first or last to hit above our weight either, our time will come #COYB.

That of course makes it all right

Why on earth would they not want to get promoted? The revenue streams in the top flight are far greater. 

Too much hassle for them, investment and strategic planning required.

It is my opinion.