The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Could also be talking shite but I thought teams normally train on a Wednesday. I'm sure the usual weekly schedule of a footballer is:

Sunday off/light workout to relax muscles after the game

Monday off

Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday are the major training days

Friday more of a light workout on the training ground, go over tactics etc

Saturday game

Are you sure they don't get Saturdays off too? 

On 5/23/2019 at 11:01, Dindeleux said:

IMG_2322.jpg

I really don't get it when the Scottish diddy clubs celebrate qualifying for the Europa League as if they have won a trophy.  All that ever happens is that they are eliminated after one round to some minnows from Eastern Europe or Benelux  (including what happened to us) , way before the actual tournament begins and they actually make a loss from the whole "adventure".

Killie will be no different, another on the list of European embarrassments.

Good luck though.

St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Motherwell have had decent runs in the Europa League over the past few years. Even if you're pumped out like us, you or Hibs it's still an achievement. Certainly beats being relegated to the seasides.

St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Motherwell have had decent runs in the Europa League over the past few years. Even if you're pumped out like us, you or Hibs it's still an achievement. Certainly beats being relegated to the seasides.
Can you please refrain from saying things that might perpetuate Dindeleuxs presence here chap?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I really don't get it when the Scottish diddy clubs celebrate qualifying for the Europa League as if they have won a trophy.  All that ever happens is that they are eliminated after one round to some minnows from Eastern Europe or Benelux  (including what happened to us) , way before the actual tournament begins and they actually make a loss from the whole "adventure".

Good luck though.

I would have been on the pitch if Falkirk managed to finish 3rd in the prem. As much as I don't like kilmarnock it's an incredible achievement that they probably won't see again for generations. 

Good luck though.

Please stop encouraging Dindeleux to come back to our thread please.

I really don't get it when the Scottish diddy clubs celebrate qualifying for the Europa League 

An epic away day, I'd imagine.

I find it strange that fans claiming that if you don't spend your £200 on a ST you are hurting the club. They maybe should think about the Board who have failed to accept 800 grand that was on offer from the fan ownership scheme. The best part of 500 grand of that could have been in the clubs coffers already if they had followed the timetable for fan ownership agreed unanimously by ALL shareholders in December.

It won't be fans withholding their ST money who have hurt the club, it will be the Board.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I thought Aberdeen had been knocked out in The qualifying rounds every time they have been in the Europa League ?

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Absolutely staggering levels of Europe based sour grapes on offer here.
Of course getting into Europe is an achievement and should be celebrated. I've even gone along to see SJ in Europa league action quite happily.
I agree, we already had a holiday booked and I was in Spain when the Bairns played Vaduz. I would give my left chuckie for another chance of a European trip.

I would have been on the pitch if Falkirk managed to finish 3rd in the prem.

To be fair, Falkirk fans deem an equaliser at Cappielow as a worthy enough achievement to go on the pitch so that's not really much of an endorsement.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Of course getting into Europe is an achievement and should be celebrated. I've even gone along to see SJ in Europa league action quite happily.

So and I would go and see another team :lol:

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:
1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I agree, we already had a holiday booked and I was in Spain when the Bairns played Vaduz. I would give my left chuckie for another chance of a European trip.

I was in Croatia :(

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Good luck though.

I've seen my team win two trophies (you might remember one of them) and I can confirm that as fervent as the celebrations were on Sunday, they were not as big as when we won those two trophies. I'm glad you've correctly noted that we might not actually win the Europa League, but the excitement is probably about the fact that, rather than playing Clyde and Albion Rovers in the Betfred Cup group stage, we'll instead get a nice summer holiday to watch our team at a stadium we've never been to before.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Another reference to the Seasides these guys are really thinking out the box :huh:

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Good luck though.

Sorry if it’s not your club but didn’t Falkirk fans have a pitch invasion after scoring a goal against Morten?

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

To be fair, Falkirk fans deem an equaliser at Cappielow as a worthy enough achievement to go on the pitch so that's not really much of an endorsement.

Ah my work is done.