The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone who considering not purchasing a season ticket, and normally does should put the money into a savings account, and pay it into the club once the fans ownership thing kicks off. At least then the club isn’t losing out. Punish the current board not the club.

9 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

2 closed door games & Brechin Away sounds like that’s our warm up before the 4 betfred group games starting 13th July.

It is. The manager only wants three games.

The Herald article is a bit out of date. All the games are arranged and confirmed. I presume FFC will announce the Brechin one nearer the time.

17 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think regardless of which players arrive, we’d best be bracing ourselves for a massive dose of underwhelm. Rather than having a side to dominate League 1, I am sure the BoD will seek to ensure we have one capable of being “competitive”.

When a team loses as many games as it wins and ends up on a minus goal difference and gains a play off position, then the phrase competitive in league one does feel it's a given for a full time team.

The positive might be that we are successful in a play off !

I'm not convinced Ray has it in him to be a league one winner. If he does surprise me, the fear is we give him a longer contract in a league where he is out his depth 

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Lang could genuinely be a really, really good player - every Sons fan knows I've been tooting his trumpet for a while, but I honestly think he could have a very good future in the game. He's got everything you'd want in a modern centre-back: He's very confident on the ball, technically decent, strong, quick and good in the air. He's also extremely handsome (his Insta is sensational :wub:)

The only thing he lacks is experience. He'll maybe try and play his way out of trouble too often, or will get caught out of position and make up for it with a rash challenge. That'll come with time and, imo, he'd be a decent signing for a Falkirk team where he'll likely have time to play out from the back.

Handsome you say eh... Sounds like our type of boi

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Lang could genuinely be a really, really good player - every Sons fan knows I've been tooting his trumpet for a while, but I honestly think he could have a very good future in the game. He's got everything you'd want in a modern centre-back: He's very confident on the ball, technically decent, strong, quick and good in the air. He's also extremely handsome (his Insta is sensational :wub:)

The only thing he lacks is experience. He'll maybe try and play his way out of trouble too often, or will get caught out of position and make up for it with a rash challenge. That'll come with time and, imo, he'd be a decent signing for a Falkirk team where he'll likely have time to play out from the back.

^^^ Wrote endless paragraphs upon paragraphs about how great David Smith is

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It better be 1876 as I have a big fecking 1876 tattoo emoji16.png

Always wanted the club to revert to the original crest. Highlander with sword and shield it's part of our history. Was on out cup winning strip and in a stained glass window above the main entrance to Brockville.  Yes or No folks ?

Always wanted the club to revert to the original crest. Highlander with sword and shield it's part of our history. Was on out cup winning strip and in a stained glass window above the main entrance to Brockville.  Yes or No folks ?
Torn here as I do like it but I love the original steeple badge.

No
The Ball/Steeple crest is a fantastic piece of design (either version).

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has a fan boycott ever actually worked? 

All the examples that come to mind lasted until the team involved started winning again and it petered out.

East Fife got rid of that Derrick Brown guy IIRC. 

17 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was he not abysmal in the championship with Dumbarton?

Yes, but he hadn't played any senior football before joining us. He's a big, strong lad but he was a bit of bombscare with the ball at his feet and his decision making was poor. He may well have improved at Clyde and be fine in League 1, but I wouldn't expect Falkirk to be in that sort of market tbh. I think he makes a decent wedge from modelling too, so he ticks the sexy box for you guys.

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think he makes a decent wedge from modelling too, so he ticks the sexy box for you guys.

I dunno anymore, I think we're just ready to settle down with someone who'll take care of us, been burned before with the handsome lads.

Edited by ilostmyself

27 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Handsome you say eh... Sounds like our type of boi

I wasn't sure if you were still signing players based on looks like last summer, but if you are then Lang will be ideal. He's a solid 10 imo (loses it a wee bit when he's wearing old Rangers tops mind you...). Clocked in that article that Morton and Airdrie are after him too, and I'm now feeling like some sort of super agent with an amazing eye for a player...

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

^^^ Wrote endless paragraphs upon paragraphs about how great David Smith is

Our match threads are going to be fun this season.