The Falkirk FC Thread

It's not the approach that I'll be taking but you can't have a pop at anyone buying tickets to go and watch Falkirk if they're Falkirk supporters. For many it's a good day out with their family or friends at something their passionate about. I dare say if I had a kid, for example, and they loved going to the football and I got to spend time with them that way, I'd not be denying them that.

Some people will choose not to attend home games and I applaud them for that.
I have stated that I won’t be buying a ST until change is fully implemented but I will still attend some home games. That might change and I’ll stop attending altogether if the current board continues in situ.
In the interim, not buying a ST affects cash flow and cash forecasting and therefore will make things tougher for the board.
It’s not something I want to do but it’s something I feel compelled to do to assist change.
A bit disappointed to see there’s quite a few supporting your position, as they are effectively giving the board carte blanche to continue to operate but that’s their right and their choice.....

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Should be an interesting interesting return to training. What have we got 5 or 7

I think regardless of which players arrive, we’d best be bracing ourselves for a massive dose of underwhelm. Rather than having a side to dominate League 1, I am sure the BoD will seek to ensure we have one capable of being “competitive”.

I think regardless of which players arrive, we’d best be bracing ourselves for a massive dose of underwhelm. Rather than having a side to dominate League 1, I am sure the BoD will seek to ensure we have one capable of being “competitive”.

We’d probably be lucky to get that.
We haven’t had a ‘competitive’ side at the club for three seasons....

4 hours ago, BooBairn said:

Wonder how the interim chairmen is getting on and how far along they are with the root and branch review?

Given they were already making decisions of what would be happening even before the “independent root and branch review”, then that kind of undermined it before it had begun. How can you review something where changes are already underway? Can you review what is in place today, or are you having to review what might be in place at the end of June? It’s completely nonsensical.

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Given they were already making decisions of what would be happening even before the “independent root and branch review”, then that kind of undermined it before it had begun. How can you review something where changes are already underway? Can you review what is in place today, or are you having to review what might be in place at the end of June? It’s completely nonsensical.

Once again, a statement grossly underestimating the intelligence of their target audience.... Becoming something of a theme this.

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Some people will choose not to attend home games and I applaud them for that.
I have stated that I won’t be buying a ST until change is fully implemented but I will still attend some home games. That might change and I’ll stop attending altogether if the current board continues in situ.
In the interim, not buying a ST affects cash flow and cash forecasting and therefore will make things tougher for the board.
It’s not something I want to do but it’s something I feel compelled to do to assist change.
A bit disappointed to see there’s quite a few supporting your position, as they are effectively giving the board carte blanche to continue to operate but that’s their right and their choice.....

I'm not putting another penny into the club until there is major boardroom change. 

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Motherwell never went.

Airdrie did, and new people bought Clydebank before moving them and changing the name.

Rangers died. This outfit is a new club who bought the right to call themselves Rangers and began life in 2012.

Thing about Airdrie is they are now back to Airdrieonians and nickname the diamonds and not Airdrie United tbh makes a bit of a mockery out the whole liquidation system of a club when it effectively comes back as its original name etc:

Airdrieonians name returns (2013–2015)

In June 2013, the club officially changed its name from Airdrie United Football Club to Airdrieonians Football Club.[4] The name change revived the name of the club it was formed to replace in 2002, following the liquidation of the original Airdrieonians.[50] The Airdrieonians all red club crest was also revived,[51][52] with an alternate black and red version used for the away kits.[53]

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

We’d probably be lucky to get that.
We haven’t had a ‘competitive’ side at the club for three seasons....

sorry mate but that's nonsense, how would we be lucky to get a side capable of competing in League One?

sorry mate but that's nonsense, how would we be lucky to get a side capable of competing in League One?

Because budgets given to the manager have changed.

Some of the MSG want money to go, some don’t want to go, they are a completely divided group with them only agreeing on one thing, they won’t put anymore money in to bridge the gap.

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Because budgets given to the manager have changed.

Some of the MSG want money to go, some don’t want to go, they are a completely divided group with them only agreeing on one thing, they won’t put anymore money in to bridge the gap.

they will be away soon.

15 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was he not abysmal in the championship with Dumbarton?

Lang could genuinely be a really, really good player - every Sons fan knows I've been tooting his trumpet for a while, but I honestly think he could have a very good future in the game. He's got everything you'd want in a modern centre-back: He's very confident on the ball, technically decent, strong, quick and good in the air. He's also extremely handsome (his Insta is sensational :wub:)

The only thing he lacks is experience. He'll maybe try and play his way out of trouble too often, or will get caught out of position and make up for it with a rash challenge. That'll come with time and, imo, he'd be a decent signing for a Falkirk team where he'll likely have time to play out from the back.