The Falkirk FC Thread

It's not the approach that I'll be taking but you can't have a pop at anyone buying tickets to go and watch Falkirk if they're Falkirk supporters. For many it's a good day out with their family or friends at something their passionate about. I dare say if I had a kid, for example, and they loved going to the football and I got to spend time with them that way, I'd not be denying them that.

Don’t think anyone is saying not to go at all. Far from it. But withholding ST money especially will mean change will happen far quicker imho.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d argue that based on the last 2 years (including closing the Academy) there’s more threat to our existence if we let this charade run any longer.....

Has a fan boycott ever actually worked? 

All the examples that come to mind lasted until the team involved started winning again and it petered out.

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

It’s a bland piece that indicates the degree to which the owners have battened down the hatches in relation to anything that is going wrt ownership changes. BPM might be right, and they are simply keeping quiet and hoping for everything to blow over. On the other hand, they just might be trying to prevent any leaks on the negotiations that are taking place.

The only thing that is definite is that patrons and pledges cash is welcome, but not at the cost of the MSG having their control diminished.

Who’d have thought we would see the day when we are plying our trade a division below Alloa, Arbroath and Morton, and two divisions below St Johnstone, Hamilton and the Launderers.

I refuse to involve myself in anything which poses an existential threat to Falkirk Football Club.
You  may proceed as you wish.

There are plenty who have already said they will invest significant money under the right conditions. I wouldn’t worry too much if the ST sales are poor.

Has a fan boycott ever actually worked? 
All the examples that come to mind lasted until the team involved started winning again and it petered out.

Blackpool

Wonder how the interim chairmen is getting on and how far along they are with the root and branch review?

Can’t believe anyone ever believed that drivel from the King of Spin Claypole

This is my thoughts on the matter, expanded slightly from my usual, rhetoric based rantings. Some of this is hindsight driven.

When the fan ownership thing reared its head, IIRC, we werent at that point in amongst a serious fan revolt against the board. The board publicly got behind the fan ownership campaign. I now feel that them doing so was retrospectively a total faux pas on their part. I think they got behind it publicly in order to get themselves out in front of it and lead the way on hoovering money out of our pockets while retaining effective control of the club.

Supporting the proposal then has now blown up in their face, since the fans have turned on them and want them out. They have had no choice but to pull back from their manipulative approach to the fan ownership scheme because now fans wont accept their continued grip on the club. They have made an arse of it and had to backtrack, leaving their intentions clear to see. This is the clearest indication to me of their contempt for the fans.

They thought they could steer and manipulate fan ownership to their ends.

Bit of a ramble but was thinking about it earlier on. Hope I have articulated it ok... Basically, they have made a rod for their own back by trying to manipulate a group of people who they underestimated.

Those in charge dont see us as supporters... they look at us as customers.
They want us to turn up every week... applaud the team, then f**k off as quickly as possible.
The impression I get is that they see us as a bit of a pain if we complain.... that's evident with some of the statements they have put out.
Read a few saying that they would rather have people who are supporters in charge who care about the club... well 2 or 3 of this lot are meant to be and look where we are now.
I just want people in charge who can do what their job title says and not just go through the fuckin motions.

Really getting depressed by the lack of any information coming out of the Club.

when you have to rely on the FH for news, it’s a very sad day.

At least I’ve been very far away for the last three weeks which has helped somewhat to lessen the pain.

unfortunately, back next week.

On the point of buying ST’s or NOT, my feeling has always been that shareholders,directors, managers, players come and go but, hopefully the club keeps going under various forms of stewardship.

During my spell watching FFC, the total demise of clubs has been surprisingly few with Third Lanark and Clydebank being the two that come to mind but no doubt there have been others. Some have gone but transmogrified back into their original name and format - Airdrie Motherwell and Rangers come to mind.

I shall therefore be buying the usual stuff and , hopefully, looking forward with the usual far too high expectations to the season ahead.

Motherwell never went.

Airdrie did, and new people bought Clydebank before moving them and changing the name.

Rangers died. This outfit is a new club who bought the right to call themselves Rangers and began life in 2012.

This is my thoughts on the matter, expanded slightly from my usual, rhetoric based rantings. Some of this is hindsight driven.

When the fan ownership thing reared its head, IIRC, we werent at that point in amongst a serious fan revolt against the board. The board publicly got behind the fan ownership campaign. I now feel that them doing so was retrospectively a total faux pas on their part. I think they got behind it publicly in order to get themselves out in front of it and lead the way on hoovering money out of our pockets while retaining effective control of the club.

Supporting the proposal then has now blown up in their face, since the fans have turned on them and want them out. They have had no choice but to pull back from their manipulative approach to the fan ownership scheme because now fans wont accept their continued grip on the club. They have made an arse of it and had to backtrack, leaving their intentions clear to see. This is the clearest indication to me of their contempt for the fans.

They thought they could steer and manipulate fan ownership to their ends.

Bit of a ramble but was thinking about it earlier on. Hope I have articulated it ok... Basically, they have made a rod for their own back by trying to manipulate a group of people who they underestimated.

From what I remember the fan ownership side of things was pushed mainly by CC with an agreement in principle from the MSG. I honestly think CC believed that fan ownership was the correct way forward but has been let down by a change in opinion from the MSG. Imo some of the MSG *cough* LM *cough* never really backed the fan ownership proposal but did so thinking it would never take off. When it did receive the backing from the fans they had to de-rail the process in some way and what we are seeing now is that delay.

The MSG have the power in all this and until we can force them out/dilute their shares nothing is going to change. I guarantee they were laughing their heads off seeing the majority of the abuse aimed at ML and CC, who despite being awful really don’t have the power to fundamentally change things.

The silence form the club has now got completely daft.

Disgraceful way to treat supporters.

Never mind not buying a season ticket until there’s change upstairs; I’m on the verge of chucking it altogether.

Raging with the club at the moment.