The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, Rugster said:
There is no fucking way Alston is dropping to league 1. 

This is probably double figures times Random Guy has come with this pish. Utter pie in the sky

I'm usually winding you up, but this was sent to me by a mate who has no interest in this site, and has sent me correct signing news before.

Only clubs Alstons been linked with that I've seen were Hamilton and Dundee, and both were offering him "Championship wages".

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm usually winding you up, but this was sent to me by a mate who has no interest in this site, and has sent me correct signing news before.

Only clubs Alstons been linked with that I've seen were Hamilton and Dundee, and both were offering him "Championship wages".

giphy-2.gif

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

FWIW investment comes in and change you get the quality to walk the league if it doesn't (where my money is) you get a much reduced quality of player (forget last season) than you have seen in 35 years plus.

Why do you believe investment won't happen BPM?

We have the various Herald stories about prospective new owners so someone's obviously feeding them intel. I'm not a fan of the Herald but for all their mistakes they don't make things up.  

I'd suggest that change - and thus investment - seem inevitable.

The only reason to assume the worst be if you were listening to a source on the board or MSG who was spreading scare stories.

8 hours ago, BottiBiabi said:

Mental the amount of money Kelty are chucking at some players, heard it’s between us and Kelty for El Bakhtaoui.

Bakhtaoui would be a good signing at league one level guys, you could do a lot worse. 

He is above average at league one level but, not quite good enough for the championship. 

We have the various Herald stories about prospective new owners so someone's obviously feeding them intel. I'm not a fan of the Herald but for all their mistakes they don't make things up.  
The only reason to assume the worst be if you were listening to a source on the board or MSG who was spreading scare stories.
I really hope investment does happen, my only concern would be how long this could take. This is a critical time of the season and if this was a long drawn out affair it could be an issue with regards to the budget the manager has for players.

54 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I really hope investment does happen, my only concern would be how long this could take. This is a critical time of the season and if this was a long drawn out affair it could be an issue with regards to the budget the manager has for players.

The manager has players lined up and yet we're now in the third week after the season ended  - with not a single signing. That suggests it may already be an issue, albeit as long as those players don't get fed up waiting and go elsewhere then it won't ultimately matter.

Everything seems to be on hold just now. No confirmation of the full release list, no dates for strip or season ticket launch, no preseason announcements and even the Commercial Dept aren't pushing stories or sponsorships.

We appear to be in limbo until the ownership / investment issue is resolved. It's obviously vital that we don't jump into bed with the next Craig Whyte, but I do agree with your concerns about timescales.  

The manager has players lined up and yet we're now in the third week after the season ended  - with not a single signing. That suggests it may already be an issue, albeit as long as those players don't get fed up waiting and go elsewhere then it won't ultimately matter.
Everything seems to be on hold just now. No confirmation of the full release list, no dates for strip or season ticket launch, no preseason announcements and even the Commercial Dept aren't pushing stories or sponsorships.
We appear to be in limbo until the ownership / investment issue is resolved. It's obviously vital that we don't jump into bed with the next Craig Whyte, but I do agree with your concerns about timescales.  

This is a worry, I see the fans/local business people have given a deadline for their offer. This has to be the right way to go, we can't hold out forever. I feel if the board have a shred of concern for the future of our club they have to push to have all this sorted out as soon as possible.

16 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Interesting that the area in blue says 'potential future building' rather than stand.

Maybe they can combine a terrace with a building  behind it to service the astro pitch

A terrace , even with a small section for away fans would improve the look of the stadium and the atmosphere no end.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

This is a worry, I see the fans/local business people have given a deadline for their offer. This has to be the right way to go, we can't hold out forever. I feel if the board have a shred of concern for the future of our club they have to push to have all this sorted out as soon as possible.

Their track record suggest that their primary concern will be for themselves, and what they are getting out of a potential sale, rather than the welfare of the club. The fact that everything is in a complete state of  limbo, whilst every other club motors on with plans for next season, won't worry them too much. They know they are finished. Why else has there been absolutely nothing released in relation to season tickets? Because they know the reaction they are likely to get from 99.99% of the support (EdiClown being the 0.01%) if they simply put out a statement saying "Apologies for last season, here are the prices, business as usual, cough up sharpish". Just won't wash any more. That relationship is irreparably broken. Every last one of them needs to be gone, without any further delay.

the latest offer from the patrons/local business could be a winner IMO, it lets the MSG members walk away with some ££ for their shares (even though they previously stated they would gift them), it also allows for a large enough sum to go directly into this season playing budget. 

I'm also sure that if the group of patrons did manage to take control the BtB fan share scheme would get up and running, allowing a yearly injecting of cash for future seasons.

annoying a couple of smaller shareholders within the MSG are holding out for more cash, ideally if  patrons could split them up, deal with the ones who want to deal and sideline the other in any future regime, not sure if this is possible tho

My question is this

Just how much further can the club fall before the damage is irreparable. 

At the moment we have a Bod that doesn't have any interest in a Fan buyout, that is totally obvious. 

They  could be interested in an outside investment but only if it lines pockets, that is totally obvious. 

Apart from one announcement of little significance about a board move the silence is deafening. 

The real people that keep FFC going deserve an explanation on the fiasco that is currently ensuing at the club. 

Perhaps after everything that has went on before no one should be surprised at the silence from a group of so called professional buisness people running FFC. 

If you can buy off the ones that want to sell, there would no longer be a major shareholders group. Would seem to be half the problem solved straight away. One of them will break first. 
It could be pish but I've heard Miller and one other, not sure who want cash and this is the hold up with the fans buyout.

16 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Old favourite Tom Taiwo released at Hamilton.....

why are you and the rest of your Morton chums so obsessed with Falkirk, none of you ever post on your own forum anymore. 

please gtf