The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Mark Waddington, Aaron Jarvis and Dan Turner released. Should we try to get any of them back?

Would be willing to take a punt on Jarvis with a poacher playing alongside him. If Ray can find someone in that ilk.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Mark Waddington, Aaron Jarvis and Dan Turner released. Should we try to get any of them back?

Dan Turner isn't a football player and we all know it. He is getting a free transfer straight to B&Q.

Jarvis was Dennon Lewis 2.0

Dan Turner was the equivalent of a halftime 50/50 winner getting a shot outfield.

I don’t see this at all with Jarvis and he could definitely do a job for us in League 1.

There were a few times he was unlucky not to score with on target headers that were well saved by the keeper, and I just think a lack of consistent playing time meant that he did not really get a chance to settle.

Think Waddington is well capable at this level too. My only concern would be his inconsistency which we can ill afford.

Imagine folk actually wanting Jarvis ha ha ha. These are probably the same people who wouldn’t have taken Baird back as he never got us out the championship.

Don’t want Baird back. Next season will probably be the season where age starts to show...

I don’t see this at all with Jarvis and he could definitely do a job for us in League 1.

There were a few times he was unlucky not to score with on target headers that were well saved by the keeper, and I just think a lack of consistent playing time meant that he did not really get a chance to settle.

IMG_4258.jpg

Don’t want Baird back. Next season will probably be the season where age starts to show...

IMG_1558387496.511308.thumb.jpg.81b5c931b3c37962fa178f6473da29e7.jpg

IMG_1558387496.511308.thumb.jpg.81b5c931b3c37962fa178f6473da29e7.jpg

Quite happy to take that on the chin. It’s all about opinions. [emoji16]

Our fans on here generally have a great record this time of year when it comes to working out what’s best for us in the coming season....

Quite honestly these gifs should be directed at anyone who believes that Blair Alston is returning to Falkirk though...[emoji23]

Quite happy to take that on the chin. It’s all about opinions. [emoji16]
Our fans on here generally have a great record this time of year when it comes to working out what’s best for us in the coming season....
Quite honestly these gifs should be directed at anyone who believes that Blair Alston is returning to Falkirk though...[emoji23]

It would be boring on here if we all thought the same. Just a bit of fun at this time of year when there’s nothing else happening. No chance of Baird coming back now and doubtful of Jarvis coming back so we won’t be able to see who’s right. Time will tell if we can get better in.

I never wanted to hear or see Dan Turner’s name again.

As for Jarvis he was pretty garbage. He could hold the ball up then pass it straight to the opposition. Wouldn’t touch.

Interesting to read John McGlynn’s comments about Raith and their budget next year where he’s talking about now having to compete with Kelty Hearts who are spending a fortune and not just championship/league one clubs.

Interesting to read John McGlynn’s comments about Raith and their budget next year where he’s talking about now having to compete with Kelty Hearts who are spending a fortune and not just championship/league one clubs.

Mental the amount of money Kelty are chucking at some players, heard it’s between us and Kelty for El Bakhtaoui.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Jesus, what’s wrong with you ya banger?

Nothing at all. Just passing on my observations and inviting some debate from the more erudite Falkirk posters on the merits, or otherwise, of the possibility of some ex players returning to the club. Sadly, very few of them have commented as of yet. :ass

I’d be absolutely seething if we signed they 3 jobbers we had on loan last season. Waddington was passable in a few game but he’s so unfit it’s a joke, Jarvis is pish and I still don’t believe Turner was actually real.

Btw El Bakhtaoui can piss anaw. He was effectively Dunfermlines Dennon Lewis this season but marginally better. Ken we’re in the seasides leagues but f**k me we should still be signing better than absolute garbage like that.

There is some drivel getting talked about players. FWIW investment comes in and change you get the quality to walk the league if it doesn't (where my money is) you get a much reduced quality of player (forget last season) than you have seen in 35 years plus.