The Falkirk FC Thread

The board will go eventually. The online comments, the demonstrations of the last few games  and the obvious desire of some of the big players to get out mean that change is inevitable.
My personal opinion is that some people badly need to leave and that others who're the focus of fan anger ought to stay. None of that matters though. All of their times are up and they know it. Major change is coming. In the end the current custodians will  hand over the reins. 
The question is what will the next lot be like? I'm wary of change, because I remember when  the Deans / Fulston ran the club, but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and hope for the best. We've been too cautious for too long and it's deposited us in League One.
It's time to try something else.

Far too sensible for a multi team forum BB. Crisis can be seen as a crossroads and you just hope you take the right exit route

One blessing is there will be no sage words of warning from Martin Ritchie along the lines of “oh well you know, Raith Rovers and Airdrie are big clubs, but we hope to be in amongst that group come the end of the season”. I will never forget his start of season uplifting conversation along the lines of “Oh you know, Hamilton have made a lot of money from the sales of McCarthy and others so I don’t think it’s fair to see us competing with them this season”.

Of that guff, no more.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The board will go eventually. The online comments, the demonstrations of the last few games  and the obvious desire of some of the big players to get out mean that change is inevitable.

My personal opinion is that some people badly need to leave and that others who're the focus of fan anger ought to stay. None of that matters though. All of their times are up and they know it. Major change is coming. In the end the current custodians will  hand over the reins. 

The question is what will the next lot be like? I'm wary of change, because I remember when  the Deans / Fulston ran the club, but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and hope for the best. We've been too cautious for too long and it's deposited us in League One.

It's time to try something else.

I think the board know they have to go given the fan pressure and there seems to be negotiations ongoing. Given that, I don’t see how boycotting season tickets is a sensible option. The club can’t be sold instantly and all it will do is give us less chance of getting back up and potentially put off buyers.

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

I think the board know they have to go given the fan pressure and there seems to be negotiations ongoing. Given that, I don’t see how boycotting season tickets is a sensible option. The club can’t be sold instantly and all it will do is give us less chance of getting back up and potentially put off buyers.

Buy your fucking season ticket then you absolute quisling, and leave the rest of us to make our own decisions, sans this mewling pish, 

This is IMO exactly what the fans should NOT do. I would almost guarantee that is we all be have like serfs and pony up BEFORE change it won’t happen

Fair play to the commercial director for having the guts to not only attend the Bairns Business Club fundraising dinner at the Leapark Hotel yesterday but also for getting up and speaking to the members & guests. No one else from the clubs board attended (they were invited & attended previously). That wasn’t missed though & was highlighted by the organisers in their remarks.

Over £10k raised on the day & over £55k in the last 2 seasons, which should be applauded by the organisers & members. Well done to all.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Fair play to the commercial director for having the guts to not only attend the Bairns Business Club fundraising dinner at the Leapark Hotel yesterday but also for getting up and speaking to the members & guests. No one else from the clubs board attended (they were invited & attended previously). That wasn’t missed though & was highlighted by the organisers in their remarks.

Over £10k raised on the day & over £55k in the last 2 seasons, which should be applauded by the organisers & members. Well done to all.

A player a season worth of money over 2 years, and words left his mouth!!! Hand him the keys to the stadium! OMG Kieran is the best! 

On 16/05/2019 at 12:34, FFCinthearea said:

I'd love to see the same based on Hertz too, although there are a few of them in the Sellick team.

OK, as requested; ex-Hertz, later played at Falkirk, set up 3-5-2 (mainly due to limitations in my memory for any other midfielders ...)

GK - Myles Hogarth

D - Walter Kidd, Brian Whittaker, Neil Berry

M - John Hay,  David Hagen,  Derek Ferguson, Brian Hamilton, Sandy Burrell

A - Scott Crabbe, Donald Ford

You know, the ironic thing is that if a white knight like Sandy Alexander was to appear now we'd all be delighted! Lifelong fan (I think) and multi millionaire who should have the best interests of the club at heart. Pity that we're in this state with someone like that already involved.

FWIW I would be very wary of an outside consortium coming in. Why the f**k would a bunch of foreign 'investors' want to get involved with us unless it's to 'develop' the stadium?

A player a season worth of money over 2 years, and words left his mouth!!! Hand him the keys to the stadium! OMG Kieran is the best! 

No need to be a twat. Kieran was merely invited along and didn’t raise any of the cash but was thankful for it. It was done by the fans & Business club members.

53 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

OK, as requested; ex-Hertz, later played at Falkirk, set up 3-5-2 (mainly due to limitations in my memory for any other midfielders ...)

GK - Myles Hogarth

D - Walter Kidd, Brian Whittaker, Neil Berry

M - John Hay,  David Hagen,  Derek Ferguson, Brian Hamilton, Sandy Burrell

A - Scott Crabbe, Donald Ford

Mo Johnston, Eamonn Bannon, George Wright, Lee Miller

Neil MacFarlane as coach as didnt play.

Edited by Tynierose