The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

It is, but am pretty sure you've been down to the seaside leagues twice whilst we have remained in the Championship. Its a first for us and a new low.

I've never seen my side relegated to the third tier purely from terrible on-field performances.

I can only imagine it's terribly embarrassing.

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

More embarrassing than not being able to pay basic bills and bankrupting small businesses though?

Seems a tad unlikely. I'd rather go down via being bad, than being a poundstore Sevco.

Oh this is good 

40 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I've never seen my side relegated to the third tier purely from terrible on-field performances.

I can only imagine it's terribly embarrassing.

What about finishing 7th in the third tier?

I can only imagine it’s terribly embarrassing.

Can I just say that IMO thinking the budget is going to be signed off as the same as last season already, despite season tickets not being on sale yet, prospects of people refusing to renew unless the board go, and following from that, the actual uncertainty in the board itself, is fucking mental.

Mental.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can I just say that IMO thinking the budget is going to be signed off as the same as last season already, despite season tickets not being on sale yet, prospects of people refusing to renew unless the board go, and following from that, the actual uncertainty in the board itself, is fucking mental.

Mental.

are you saying ruben sammut isn't coming back :(

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mental.

Very few will not renew season tickets due to boardroom matters. I’m not sure how the board can ‘go’ at this stage either given that there are clearly ongoing negotiations with a number of interested parties.

Very few will not renew season tickets due to boardroom matters. I’m not sure how the board can ‘go’ at this stage either given that there are clearly ongoing negotiations with a number of interested parties.
Edi, you have already been laughed off the board once because your ITK bullshit was repeatedly called out.

At this point, no one is fucking interested in your lies.

If this American takeover is going ahead and they are also in talks to buy into Sunderland, If i am correct in saying Mike  Ashley wasnt allowed to hold more than 9% of Sevco as he was also owner of Newcastle.  If that is the case then surely the same rules would apply in this instance as well

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

If this American takeover is going ahead and they are also in talks to buy into Sunderland, If i am correct in saying Mike  Ashley wasnt allowed to hold more than 9% of Sevco as he was also owner of Newcastle.  If that is the case then surely the same rules would apply in this instance as well

I said the same thing over on COYB and it got promptly ignored.  The only thing i can think of is that its an investment group so some might be down on sunderland, some down on us.  But that seems far reaching.  Maybe they are unaware of the rules as Mike Ashley was.

Go eat your own shite

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

The board will go eventually. The online comments, the demonstrations of the last few games  and the obvious desire of some of the big players to get out mean that change is inevitable.

My personal opinion is that some people badly need to leave and that others who're the focus of fan anger ought to stay. None of that matters though. All of their times are up and they know it. Major change is coming. In the end the current custodians will  hand over the reins. 

The question is what will the next lot be like? I'm wary of change, because I remember when  the Deans / Fulston ran the club, but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and hope for the best. We've been too cautious for too long and it's deposited us in League One.

It's time to try something else.