The Falkirk FC Thread

On 5/16/2019 at 05:02, LatapyBairn said:

The current board are lifelong Falkirk supporters. Of course they care about how we do on the pitch.

9 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

The budget is very similar to last season if not the same I believe.

HOUSE  CALLED !!  

Now what do I win?

#Edi-Bingo 

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Think the 50k drop was if we chose to reduce the price of tickets by 10%.

given that we were already overpriced for the championship 10% is f**k all,  needs to be more like 30% or more for 3rd teir football. or will they just brass neck it and keep ripping off the fans who have stuck by the team through all this garbage we've watched recently?

59 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

77 days until the league season kicks off. 

No idea what sort of team we will have by that point, but I'm fairly certain it'll be all sorts of grim. 

Yep, it will be absolute jobbers. An absolute grit the teeth season where we need to pretend it's great that we sign plumbers and carpet fitters.

2 hours ago, wullie robb said:

If Campbell does the decent thing and stops stealing a wage the budget would be more or less the same as last season. 

Line your pockets it is then. 

FFC at heart my Arse. 

£50K is two players on £500pw. Pretty clear what the majority of us would prefer.

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

£50K is two players on £500pw. Pretty clear what the majority of us would prefer.

To give all some idea of where we need to get to. I was a guest at St Johnstone Golf Day a couple of weeks ago and in the season just finishing they had 15 players on £100,000 plus.   

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

I thought your relegation was embarrassing but guess the joke is on us!

It is, but am pretty sure you've been down to the seaside leagues twice whilst we have remained in the Championship. Its a first for us and a new low.

They'll know what they intend to charge for seasons and will be estimating how many we'll sell, which is how they do it every year.

Which will be far too high is there is not significant change.

A really big number in the budget is hospitality. Don’t see that attracting many in November v Stranraer TBH