The Falkirk FC Thread

Is there not some past history between him and Morton board and not in the good sense ? i.e. he rejected it when he left livi for some reason ?
To go to England, which nobody begrudged as he deserved it.

Relationship remained solid, including appearances in the directors box during games towards the end of the season, and a glowing endorsement from the Chairman on his appointment.

Nothing to see there then.

morton fans foaming at the mouth on their thread if anyone wants a laugh
If you're going to come on to a different thread advertising your attempts at a wind up in the biggest attention seeking scandal since Kim Kardashian's sex tape then at least make sure it's worthwhile people going to actually check it out next time.

5 minutes ago, port-ton said:
11 minutes ago, sick boy said:
morton fans foaming at the mouth on their thread if anyone wants a laugh

If you're going to come on to a different thread advertising your attempts at a wind up in the biggest attention seeking scandal since Kim Kardashian's sex tape then at least make sure it's worthwhile people going to actually check it out next time.

attempts? mate you are on the verge of tears

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Him and Davie ’David’ Weir started out there early 90s.

#Staunch

ETA: some top first division bois in that pick. Colin McNair next to Houstie was a top prospect but ended up on smack. He might be dead now for all I know :unsure2:

Fairly certain that McNair sorted himself out and now works in drug rehabilitation, doing football coaching etc.

He was a terrific player too.

1 hour ago, Oscar P said:

Fairly certain that McNair sorted himself out and now works in drug rehabilitation, doing football coaching etc.

He was a terrific player too.

Taking bets on if he could hit the bar during a reserve game must've been a sign.

He had the ability of course but the above shows he needed guidance 

Peter Houston in that pic is going to haunt my dreams.  Also I had no idea Super*** Alex Rae played for the Bairns.

Ignorant c**t

14 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

The current board are lifelong Falkirk supporters. Of course they care about how we do on the pitch.

No doubting that. Quite a high percentage of our supporters are idiots and that’s certainly replicated on the board.

Edited by Hughsie

The current board are lifelong Falkirk supporters. Of course they care about how we do on the pitch.

No they are not. Stop talking rot

CC - Openly a Hibs Fan
KK - Openly a Celtic Fan
LM - went to see Celtic as a kid
ML - assume she is
AT - is
MR - openly said in the past he was taken as a child but hadn’t been much until he help buy the club in 1998.

No they are not. Stop talking rot

CC - Openly a Hibs Fan
KK - Openly a Celtic Fan
LM - went to see Celtic as a kid
ML - assume she is
AT - is
MR - openly said in the past he was taken as a child but hadn’t been much until he help buy the club in 1998.
Yeah... Baffling that anyone* would try to peddle the romanticised idea that we are being run by fans who are just dping the best they can do.

Get them squarely to f**k.

*of course, Edibairn is a slavering fanny

At the risk of stating the obvious, the impression I get from the current custodians is of a group more concerned with the stadium development as a prestige legacy project, and the club's corporate slickness rating or whatever, than they are with the irksome business of having a competitive and forward thinking football strategy.

Not doubting their good intentions for the club, but the severe decline in a football sense over the years tells its own story. 

The proposed fan ownership model is surely the only viable way forward. The major shareholders stay involved, significant funds become available for the playing side of the club and fresh blood in the boardroom.

Hasta la Victoria Siempre!

1 hour ago, Senator Frimpton said:

At the risk of stating the obvious, the impression I get from the current custodians is of a group more concerned with the stadium development as a prestige legacy project, and the club's corporate slickness rating or whatever, than they are with the irksome business of having a competitive and forward thinking football strategy.

Not doubting their good intentions for the club, but the severe decline in a football sense over the years tells its own story. 

The proposed fan ownership model is surely the only viable way forward. The major shareholders stay involved, significant funds become available for the playing side of the club and fresh blood in the boardroom.

Hasta la Victoria Siempre!

I think the fan ownership proposal is definitely the best way to move forward at this stage

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

Let's see. Nigh on a decade of stagnation and underachievement in the 1st div/championship, culminating in the biggest clusterf**k of a season in the club's history, relegation to the seaside league, all the while treating the supporters with sheer, naked, visceral contempt and an MSG happy to hide behind a couple of idiots as they make one balls-up after another and cost the club an absolute fortune. Thank God they care. I'd hate to see the state we'd be in if they didn't.

43 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

I think the fan ownership proposal is definitely the best way to move forward at this stage

The very same scheme you spent weeks and weeks decrying not so very long ago? Time you went off and supported Albion Rovers or whoever your Cabin Boy Kidd ends up signing for. Who's that precontract with again? 

17 hours ago, port-ton said:

Well that was one morton fan (me) and my actual words were he was one of the most in demand free agent Scottish managers, which is true.

He chose us because he lives in Gourock, is friends with the board, is a shareholder in the club and is most likely having his wages funded for three years by outside investment.

Ok then 'most in demand free agent managers' but choses Morton,  yeah good one!!

Edited by Stuperman01

I'd wager most clubs outwith the OF, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs boardrooms are full of Rangers and Celtic fans. Incredibly naive to think otherwise.  I'd reckon the directors of those 5 clubs would all be supporters of said club. 

Our own chairman when we won the cup, Kenny Cameron, is a massive Timothee Atouba, as are his sons who I was in school with.