The Falkirk FC Thread

On 14/05/2019 at 12:12, kiddy said:
On 14/05/2019 at 11:42, CC52 FFC said:
I think we should be having a look at Kyle Turner from Stranraer. Been tipped to move on to a full time club and I’d imagine he’ll have a lot to prove.

Sure the same was said about Brendan McIntyre

You reminded me to share this photo of an old Bairns team I saw on Twitter!

88A6704B-71CA-4A67-868A-BFC7BFC87973.thumb.jpeg.cfea381d5b1b8a496310796856634e58.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Peter Houston in that pic is going to haunt my dreams.  Also I had no idea Super*** Alex Rae played for the Bairns.

Him and Davie ’David’ Weir started out there early 90s.

#Staunch

ETA: some top first division bois in that pick. Colin McNair next to Houstie was a top prospect but ended up on smack. He might be dead now for all I know :unsure2:

Edited by jagfox99

7 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Him and Davie ’David’ Weir started out there early 90s.

#Staunch

ETA: some top first division bois in that pick. Colin McNair next to Houstie was a top prospect but ended up on smack. He might be dead now for all I know :unsure2:

Just backs up the known fact that Falkirk and Rangers have a close bond IMO. 

#Rangekirk #Falgers #Brockbrox #NachoNovo #Morrisons

21 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Kidd on the other hand was released without a chance, football has gone mad.

Bring back Albert! Not been the same since he left, Cocker. #RockOn!

Image result for bobby ball

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Kind of quote I would expect from a Celtic or The Rangers fan to be honest. 

What a squad. Loved that team. A hiccup the following season before Jeffries nailed it in 90/91.

Absolute ballers but hardy b*****ds too. Sumo, McNair, Baptie, Gunner...

PS it's from season 88/89, and was discussed on the Photographic History thread. David Weir made his debut for us in 1992. He literally dominated Dundee Utd's Duncan Ferguson from start to finish to a quite remarkable degree.

Morton fans (and I quote here) believe he is 'one of the most in demand managers in Scotland' and he chose Morton over everyone else :unsure2:
Well that was one morton fan (me) and my actual words were he was one of the most in demand free agent Scottish managers, which is true.

He chose us because he lives in Gourock, is friends with the board, is a shareholder in the club and is most likely having his wages funded for three years by outside investment.

5 hours ago, wullie robb said:

The Bod have absolutely no intention of giving the club to the Fans, never have and never will. 

The only thing that interests them is money. The End. 

The best example of ownership and one FFC should be looking at is how St Johnstone went about their business. Benign dictatorship by a fan and astute businessman and in their case Brown. Land gifted to the club to build a stadium and clear their debt. Stadiums main stand built with the purpose of earning money for the club. Funeral teas , Wedding receptions , Business conferences etc not only covers the costs but puts funds in week on week , month on month , year on year. One of their fans posted here they had 2 million quid in the bank as a rainy day fund so it works. We of course blew it big time by not being the owners of the new stadium outright. So the dream scenario is. Multi millionaire Falkirk fan takes over. Buys out the other part owners of the stadium and remodel the ground to give that atmosphere vacuum a bit of life. Bit of imagination in seating arrangements such as top rows of seating closed off to match anticipated crowd. Build 4th stand incorporating an inside pitch compliant with academy specifications, swimming pool , sauna ,  squash courts,  sports halls for 5 a side , badminton , tennis etc.  Tag on a hotel even better.  The alternative is we sell out to some company and we will be no more than a line on a balance sheet with shareholders wanting a dividend every year and if that means borrowing money that's what they will do. 

The very future of the club is at stake in the next few weeks.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Appreciate this is a wind-up from TheScarf, but just out of interest thought I'd try to put together as good an eleven as I could remember of players who were ex-Celtic then later played for Falkirk (as opposed to Falkirk players who later played for Celtic - Gary Gillespie, Yogi, Stokes, Gordon Marshall, etc).

GK - Michael McGovern

D - Jackie McNamara,  George Connolly, Stephen Pressley, Davie Cattanach

MF -  Stevie Fulton, Mark Millar, Colin Healy

A - Tommy Coyne, Frank McAvennie, Mo Johnston

I think the idea that becoming a feeder club would lead to significant investment in our first team is nonsense. The whole point of a feeder club is that it helps the main investment.

The investor doesn’t really care about how we do on the pitch as long as we’re developing Sunderland’s players. Very concerning.

Edited by LatapyBairn

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Well that was one morton fan (me) and my actual words were he was one of the most in demand free agent Scottish managers, which is true.

He chose us because he lives in Gourock, is friends with the board, is a shareholder in the club and is most likely having his wages funded for three years by outside investment.

Is there not some past history between him and Morton board and not in the good sense ? i.e. he rejected it when he left livi for some reason ?