The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Trump said:

You know Haber has nothing to do with a team called Vancouver Whitecaps?

And the link between Vancouver and the article is John Park, who has helped out there and in Tel Aviv but was mainly known for bringing in the likes of Wanyama and Van Dijk. He’s probably going back to Celtic after Lee Congerton left.

So nothing to do with Falkirk...

thought it was whitecaps he went to ?  if no then apologies, mistake he started his career at Vancouver now at Pacific FC

Edited by AL-FFC

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Loads of people will be coming out of the woodwork knowing the club is for sale. We just will need to wait and see what happens. One thing is certain now IMO there will be some sort of change this summer.

At board level perhaps but because of the dithering nature of this board/MSG i now can't see shares changing hands anytime soon, there are obv some on the MSG who are determined not to give anything back to the fans unless they are getting wade in££.........I hope i'm wrong but the impression im getting is the board have a hard enough time deciding what to have for lunch never mind deciding on the future of  our club. 

Edited by falkirkzombie

8 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Still stuck playing Championship Manager 03-04, too much of cheapskate to buy the new one tbf.

CM/FM was always the one game I didn’t begrudge paying whatever price it was, as you know you’ll end up getting your money’s worth.

Haven't bought one for a few years now, but that’s more so I don’t just sit for hours every single day playing it than because they’re not worth buying.

Using the fans pledge of blue pounds as bait to get the max from any potential investor would of course, be both predictable and likely to fall on its face (given that it is pledges, not cash in the bank).

Doing so also pushes the fans further away, and probably to the point where fan considerations are no longer a major factor in their thinking. Once the  lame stall tactic statement of “talks with other investors” came out, they were effectively busted.

If fan involvement was what they wanted to see, we would be walking that path already. Clearly, it’s not. Wanting to be seen to be deeply concerned for the future of the club, but also wanting to maximise their return never ends well. The old “you can full some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time” is where this is all headed.

12 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

McGuigan is 30 and his entire career so far has consisted of Albion Rovers, Stranraer and Stenhousemior. He’s done well enough for them but is nowhere near good enough for us, especially if we want to build a squad that can compete in the championship.

First task is league one tho

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Don't take it out on me because your club is a shambles. 

hello pot calling kettle 

Admittedly we are a shambles but yours is just a well hidden basket case of a shambles (its not been in the press as much)

hello pot calling kettle 

Admittedly we are a shambles but yours is just a well hidden basket case of a shambles (its not been in the press as much)

It ain’t really sonny. We’re awash with cash; 3Yr contracts, Tidser trebblin his wad, & no A90 for us. This time nxt yr....🕺