The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

We’d be as well locking the doors if we’re going to go down that road. We should be doing everything possible to get navk up at the first attempt. Very few part time players are going to be of the quality required and a club with out support shouldn’t need to resort to it.

Well, it's like this Edi; we don't have a lot of money, income will be down significantly next season, the budget will need to largely be spent on the quality that we need to compete and we can't afford (IMHO) to spend on a full squad of full time quality players, at least not if we don't want to end up further into the financial shit. 

There are some part-timers out there (McGuigan being a good example) that could do a job for us as squad fillers. That Shepherd boy at Edinburgh City may be worth a shout, (well, according to you anyway.) 

We all want change, so surely feeder club or not, if boys come in and we progress then our stock goes up and more people notice us. To be honest id just be happy to get rid of our stagnant board and any hangers on. If rumours happen to be true maybe this guy/consortium can sneak in a little backhander and pay off the council so we can actually own our stadium too. Going by our attendances over the last two shitty seasons and still backing the club we must be seen as a prospect to someone.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, it's like this Edi; we don't have a lot of money, income will be down significantly next season, the budget will need to largely be spent on the quality that we need to compete and we can't afford (IMHO) to spend on a full squad of full time quality players, at least not if we don't want to end up further into the financial shit. 

There are some part-timers out there (McGuigan being a good example) that could do a job for us as squad fillers. That Shepherd boy at Edinburgh City may be worth a shout, (well, according to you anyway.) 

McGuigan is 30 and his entire career so far has consisted of Albion Rovers, Stranraer and Stenhousemior. He’s done well enough for them but is nowhere near good enough for us, especially if we want to build a squad that can compete in the championship.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn said:

McGuigan is 30 and his entire career so far has consisted of Albion Rovers, Stranraer and Stenhousemior. He’s done well enough for them but is nowhere near good enough for us, especially if we want to build a squad that can compete in the championship.

That's just closed-minded nonsense.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn said:

What's his age got to do with it? He'll be in his prime at 30 anyway! He scored 16 goals in L1 for a shit Stenny team, same number as Baird for a very successful Forfar and there are a few folk wanting him back! If we've got money to pay for a full 18-22 quality players then fair enough but I just don't see it.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What's his age got to do with it? He'll be in his prime at 30 anyway! He scored 16 goals in L1 for a shit Stenny team, same number as Baird for a very successful Forfar and there are a few folk wanting him back! If we've got money to pay for a full 18-22 quality players then fair enough but I just don't see it.

Bringing in 20 new players every season has to stop. We need to be looking at players who can develop/are good enough  for the championship in 20/21. All sighing part time league 1 journeymen will get us is an extended stay there.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Exactly, we missed our big man from Wigtown and fucking Bladenoch quite a bit after his injury earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

I’d prefer our current owners, who while flawed at least have the club in their hearts than becoming a feeder club for Sunderland thanks very much.

Jesus Aitch.

We all want change, so surely feeder club or not, if boys come in and we progress then our stock goes up and more people notice us. To be honest id just be happy to get rid of our stagnant board and any hangers on. If rumours happen to be true maybe this guy/consortium can sneak in a little backhander and pay off the council so we can actually own our stadium too. Going by our attendances over the last two shitty seasons and still backing the club we must be seen as a prospect to someone.

We were a feeder club for Swansea for a while only difference is no players came the other way. Don’t see what’s wrong with it maybe we should look at the widening the model and have liturgy rose or camelon juniors feeding to us while they toughen up our youngsters. Prospect for what nobody makes money “investing at our level “.

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

I’d prefer our current owners, who while flawed at least have the club in their hearts than becoming a feeder club for Sunderland thanks very much.

I kind of agree with EdiBairn here, I mean what possible  interest has a US-Far East consortium go in us, we are hardly an investment.

Unless of course they are looking to buy cheap and sell high once the development around the stadium is complete.

Which would mean sod all money getting spent on the club whilst they tough it out waiting for the price to go up.  I've seen this scenario at quite a few English lower league clubs - always ends in heartache.

If the current owners truly have the club in their hearts then they will allow the fans to buy out their shares and tell this American dude to take is dodgy Far East mob as far away  from us as possible.

(I also think the feeder club thing is either a smokescreen or made up).

I just seen the bit owners name with same consortium that owns Vancouver whitecaps if they think we can take Haber again on loan they can f**k right off once was bad enough.

Ach well, never mind. Wouldn't make a lot of sense to pay a fee for a part timer when the idea would be to save money on wages in the first place.

Plus he is shite

A lot of concerns with the feeder club and theres a lot in that article with concerns i.e. the land around the TFS once the club have served it purpose to get the land then what ?, Club playing second best to Sunderland their main concern will be Sunderland not Falkirk for all they care we could end up in League 2 as long as their main concern is doing alright  and players are getting experience up here not to mention some of the loan players we have end up with mind you could argue that same point with some of our own players we signed.

Park, a recruitment consultant for clubs such Vancouver Whitecaps 

Park: hello Falkirk i have this player his name is Marcus Haber ........

Falkirk:  F**k off

Edited by AL-FFC

Loads of people will be coming out of the woodwork knowing the club is for sale. We just will need to wait and see what happens. One thing is certain now IMO there will be some sort of change this summer.

I just seen the bit owners name with same consortium that owns Vancouver whitecaps if they think we can take Haber again on loan they can f**k right off once was bad enough.

A lot of concerns with the feeder club and theres a lot in that article with concerns i.e. the land around the TFS once the club have served it purpose to get the land then what ?, Club playing second best to Sunderland their main concern will be Sunderland not Falkirk for all they care we could end up in League 2 as long as their main concern is doing alright  and players are getting experience up here not to mention some of the loan players we have end up with mind you could argue that same point with some of our own players we signed.

Park, a recruitment consultant for clubs such Vancouver Whitecaps 

Park: hello Falkirk i have this player his name is Marcus Haber ........

Falkirk:  F**k off

You know Haber has nothing to do with a team called Vancouver Whitecaps?

And the link between Vancouver and the article is John Park, who has helped out there and in Tel Aviv but was mainly known for bringing in the likes of Wanyama and Van Dijk. He’s probably going back to Celtic after Lee Congerton left.

So nothing to do with Falkirk...