The Falkirk FC Thread

With Baird I’d definitely take him back for our league 1 campaign just look at the amount of goals he’s scored for Forfar this season he’s someone you’d expect to get a minimum of 10 league goals. But with being assistant at Forfar and I’m assuming having a job outside of football now as well I wouldn’t think he’d be looking to go full time again.

I think we should be having a look at Kyle Turner from Stranraer. Been tipped to move on to a full time club and I’d imagine he’ll have a lot to prove.

He’d be a cracking signing for us imo. But I’d be surprised if there weren’t Championship teams looking at him as well.

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

He's spent his whole career in the top division.emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Remind me how his Hibs career went when he had to pass the ball ?

St Johnstone fans backed up he still cant pass the ball 3 yards but gets stuck in and still has a decent set piece, its not that hard to grasp

41 minutes ago, kiddy said:
1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:
I think we should be having a look at Kyle Turner from Stranraer. Been tipped to move on to a full time club and I’d imagine he’ll have a lot to prove.

Sure the same was said about Brendan McIntyre

Yep, he went on to be a kicker in Aussie rules......again playing to his strengths

22 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

When we gonna start signing folk for the League One promotion juggernaut ffs??

Suspect the financial tap is turned off until ownership is sorted out. The outgoing board will want a clean a balance sheet as possible and minimum funds committed. The last thing we require is a repeat of the last few years when signings are made 2 to 3 weeks before kick off. Beginning to think this will be the case again this coming season. This is an opportunity for Mutch , Laverty and Dunne as young players to establish themselves in the team. If they cannot do it now then let them go and get a chance elsewhere.

I think a lot of Baird’s work went unnoticed. When he was running around it forced defenders to hurry and ultimately launch it long where it gave us a chance of winning the ball back through winning the header or the ball being out of play.

He was running around trying to get the ball back that had just been passed to him and had bounced 10 feet away.

3 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Fav Bairdy moment was busting a gut all the way to the Hibs half to win a corner, volleys in the resulting corner to cause utter #scenes in the away end

_92414843_baird.jpg

Sum boi x

I celebrated that corner like a goal.

Then when he actually scored I was standing on the wall at the front of the stand.

I fvcking love that man.

If Ray wants in my good books then bring him home.

4 hours ago, sick boy said:

32 league goals for us in 87 league games (according to wiki) is a great return.

Across 3 seasons (8 goals in his last) granted betted than most of this seasons dross but not good enough for me to want him back. 

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Did we ever get promoted with Vaulks in the team? Must not be good enough for us!

Some of the stuff on here is cracks me up :lol:

Vaulks went on to play at a higher level in England, Baird went to Inverness (where he got slated for being pish) no comparison really. Facts are facts we didn't get up with either of these two in the team Vaulks obviously good enough for us Baird IMO not. Our support are one of the worst when it comes to nostalgic signings that’s what cracks me up. 

4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I personally think that we should break the bank to bring Murray Wallace back. Think he would be a decent starting point to building a decent defence for Championship level football next season. 

don't be so silly, Wallace couldn't get us out the championship so he clearly isn't good enough. Kidd on the other hand was released without a chance, football has gone mad.

21 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I personally think that we should break the bank to bring Murray Wallace back. Think he would be a decent starting point to building a decent defence for Championship level football next season. 

Chinatoon on the ching.