The Falkirk FC Thread

f**k off.
This.

EdiBairns hot takes deserve nothing more than the above level of respect.

If course once he provides evidence of his correspondence he was invited to partake in with Craig we may all gain new insight and respect for him.....

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

John Baird and Peter Grant not for me guys who have been part of keeping us down the last 10 years. 

oaft, what more do you think Baird could have done to get us up? 

to say he is part of keeping us down is mental 

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I suppose it’s all relative. I would absolutely take him ahead of the likes of Haber and Dennon Lewis.

Baird would be a solid 6-7/10 in that league, we need players like that as well as a couple of boom or bust type punts. He'd be a steady hand to chuck in there if need be.

39 minutes ago, BathgateBairn7 said:

Keatings has signed for Inverness,could we get fash back? He would score for fun in this league & he's still young

Rumoured to be signing for Kelty

I will be amazed if we can recruit a better wing back for the 3rd division, seeing as we have struggled for as long as I can remember for a suitable RB/LB for the championship.

Leahy?

Unlikely to be any signings until after the board and management structure review has completed.  Most contracts do not expire until 1at June and the longer you leave signing a player, the quality available reduced but so does the wages.

Perhaps we will know more about the 'interested investors ' when the planning application for the hotel goes in.

Unlikely to be any signings until after the board and management structure review has completed.  Most contracts do not expire until 1at June and the longer you leave signing a player, the quality available reduced but so does the wages.
Perhaps we will know more about the 'interested investors ' when the planning application for the hotel goes in.
I doubt that. They'll want to move on with building the squad so they'll not wait

Now that Forfar have failed in the playoffs we could do worse than get John Baird back for next season.  He is a proven goal scorer in League 1 and would certainly give 100%.  We must cut our cloth accordingly for the coming season.  Taking a risk on more unknowns is not viable any more, we need proven players and John fits the bill for this league.

I would love to get back Peter Grant too now he is a free agent again.  Yes since his injury he was never the same as before but he gives 100% too.  That cup final header I will remember forever, one of my best Falkirk memories.  I stood near him after the St.Mirren game the last day of 2017/18 season when he took his top off and gave it to a young supporter.  He had tears in his eyes, he knew he was being let go.  What a guy.

Sorry no room for sentiment., they had their chance time to move on.

Cannot fault both during their careers although they struggled towards the end of their time with us, what makes anyone think that it will be any different now with Baird 2 years older and Grant not being able to tie down any type of contract with anyone? I think there is a clue there.

We need to hit the ground running, be ruthless and start winning games, nothing else will do.

We need to be convincing, mediocre pish will cause a frenzy! Let’s not f**k about

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

I think last seasons escapades show that plan to be bollocks you can also get shite players at the start of the transfer window.

7 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Now that Forfar have failed in the playoffs we could do worse than get John Baird back for next season.  He is a proven goal scorer in League 1 and would certainly give 100%.  We must cut our cloth accordingly for the coming season.  Taking a risk on more unknowns is not viable any more, we need proven players and John fits the bill for this league.

I would love to get back Peter Grant too now he is a free agent again.  Yes since his injury he was never the same as before but he gives 100% too.  That cup final header I will remember forever, one of my best Falkirk memories.  I stood near him after the St.Mirren game the last day of 2017/18 season when he took his top off and gave it to a young supporter.  He had tears in his eyes, he knew he was being let go.  What a guy.

It's funny, loads of people remember him for the header that day but I always remember him, mccracken and leahy letting some arsehole run 100 yards and shoot instead of poleaxing him at the halfway line.

He's done and we need to move on, I for one am not particularly interested in resigning former players, it never seems to work out.

I love the romance of bringing old players back.

Always do it when I’m in charge on Fifa / Football Manager.

Worked well for BSLM and Kerrso until Don Hartley got rattled by their influence in the Bairns changing room. p***k.

Will Vaulks come back when he’s lit 37 for a season. Ye heard it here first. He loves the Bairns.

8 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

9 games since leaving us and two clubs says no for Peter Grant for anyone with a sensible heid on, I am not averse to signing a few part time players though to fill up a squad

7 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

We don’t need 3 centre halfs who won’t be required for the majority of the game. It will rightly be a 4 man defence next season.

I suppose that Kidd has gone, the dream of him at wing back is gone. 

We need two new full backs if we are going to a back four and it just gives McKinnon the option of continuing his snore fest defensive crap once again, still he will be out for September if he continues that way, so every silver lining n that.

Edited by MrDust