The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, BottiBiabi said:

IMG_4911.jpg

Probably similar to Mitchell and Ray is looking to see if he can get better quality in before offering him a deal.

I’d be quite happy to see him go. He can’t play at left back and hopefully we can get better for left wing.

Huge fan of the frequent posts like this. :lol: You're well aware how terrible a season you’ve had, so take your medicine.

Over the last decade Morton, Dunfermline, Queen of the South, Livingston, St Mirren (without even falling to the third tier) and Raith have had appalling seasons and taken a hounding from fans of other clubs for it. While there are obviously complete cretins who had meltdowns in all of the above supports, mostly their fans accepted their club was a ridiculous mess and deserved every bit of stick they got, even though some of that was dreadful patter despite the open goal being presented.

There’s only one set of fans who’ve collectively played the ‘obsessed’ card and furiously insisted that anyone mocking another team being relegated is what’s really tinpot, while at the same time revelling in the misfortune of Stenhousemuir of all teams without a hint of irony.

You’re right that other clubs will have as shite a time as Falkirk have had this season in the future; that’s exactly why they’ll enjoy lording it over another club in the shit while the opportunity is there. This is how schadenfreude on P&B and among football fans generally works.

I genuinely can't remember a single Falkirk fan laughing at you or st mirren etc. ( when you had your awful seasons)

we simply couldn't care because you are diddies.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Probably more down to being one of the few players that showed much in the way of passion. 

Passion is good if it’s backed up by quality. We’d be as well getting 11 guys out the stand to play if it’s our only measure for players.

Edited by LatapyBairn

19 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

falkirk fans praising Lewis kidd and slagging Tommy Robson. what kind of warped world are we living in

A world where Morton fans are having a laugh at our expense, cats wil be chasing dogs as we speak.

Genuinely not seeing what makes Robson pish. He’s a good Championship full/wing back for me. That is before any bonus pints for how he conducts himself.

He’s pretty brutal defensively and there’s plenty examples of that. However, on the flip side he gives you more going forward. Good enough for us right now though in my opinion.

Both goals at tannadice for a start 

[emoji23]

f**k off has he shagged your bird?

Spoke to Craig today - still not heard from you

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

Both goals at tannadice for a start 

even if he is at fault, he's had almost 0 game time this season and actually plays with passion for the club.  I'm sure we could work on his defensive side and theres absolutely no reason he can't be a regular in league 1.

A guy I know who is a united supported said to me after the game, the only player who seemed genuinely upset by the game was Robson and I think that speaks volumes.

6 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

Probably similar to Mitchell and Ray is looking to see if he can get better quality in before offering him a deal.

I’d be quite happy to see him go. He can’t play at left back and hopefully we can get better for left wing.

Robson bashing. That's a full house for me ! What do I win ?

EdiBairn Bingo is fun.