The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, southstand_bairn said:

I will be renewing as I don’t think withholding your cash is the same as torrents of abuse levelled the boards way and ultimately the ST money is the wage budget.

I think withholding ST money at this stage is only harming the club. The board are clearly open to offers and negotiations are ongoing but they can’t just ‘resign’ which some people are wanting until that is sorted.

All a boycott of season tickets will do is mean we have poorer quality players next season and less budget for any new owner to work with.

I think withholding ST money at this stage is only harming the club. The board are clearly open to offers and negotiations are ongoing but they can’t just ‘resign’ which some people are wanting until that is sorted.
All a boycott of season tickets will do is mean we have poorer quality players next season and less budget for any new owner to work with.
And yet Lewis Kidd already horsed despite the uncertainty eh.....

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

We've signed about 20 players worse than Kidd in the last year. Fairly certain we could do it again if it all goes tits this coming season.

I thought Kidd would have been ok for next season.

Hopefully it means McKinnon is bringing in players of a higher standard than Kidd though.

Had a bit of a Falkirk detox after last weeks confirmation of what we knew weeks before....however to all the Morton fans pishing themselves I would be seriously concerned if I were you. Also football has a funny way of slapping you in the face and I’m not sure you should be sitting comfortably next season.

Don't enjoy the good moments because bad moments are coming is most definitely up there with one of the most stupid things I've ever heard a non old firm fan say.

8 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Don't enjoy the good moments because bad moments are coming is most definitely up there with one of the most stupid things I've ever heard a non old firm fan say.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48161149

your chairman seems to have a way of changing what other people have said, manager told not to play a certain player , chairman says another thing

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17624320.dreams-of-fan-ownership-amid-end-of-season-turmoil-at-morton/

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
44 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

And yet Lewis Kidd already horsed despite the uncertainty eh.....

He’s signed a pre contract elsewhere I believe 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48161149

your chairman seems to have a way of changing what other people have said, manager told not to play a certain player , chairman says another thing

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17624320.dreams-of-fan-ownership-amid-end-of-season-turmoil-at-morton/
At least when our chairman lies it doesn't cost him £100k.

27 minutes ago, KabbaCharming said:

This is an out-and-out falsehood.  I know a lot of people who know him and a lot of DUFC staff who worked with him.  The ones who like him even say that he was smarmy and arrogant but 'treated me well'. The female staff and a few journos I know who know him say that he is a horrible, creepy git who used to try and sleep with everything that moved. 

So basically behaved like a footballer

25 minutes ago, KabbaCharming said:

This is an out-and-out falsehood.  I know a lot of people who know him and a lot of DUFC staff who worked with him.  The ones who like him even say that he was smarmy and arrogant but 'treated me well'. The female staff and a few journos I know who know him say that he is a horrible, creepy git who used to try and sleep with everything that moved. 

Unless you know the people I've spoken to it's nonsense for you to claim a falsehood. 

I'm not going to name names, but I will say that all the folk I was referring to are photographers, some work for the largest press agency in Scotland and one is female. Funnily enough the female one was the person who praised him the most highly.

I can think of one manager I know who had a very obvious liking for the ladies. I've never seen anything like that from McKinnon.  Not even a hint of it.

I'm not saying you're lying but it doesn't tie up with my experience of the man.

Unless you know the people I've spoken to it's nonsense for you to claim a falsehood. 
I'm not going to name names, but I will say that all the folk I was referring to are photographers, some work for the largest press agency in Scotland and one is female. Funnily enough the female one was the person who praised him the most highly.
I can think of one manager I know who had a very obvious liking for the ladies. I've never seen anything like that from McKinnon.  Not even a hint of it.
I'm not saying you're lying but it doesn't tie up with my experience of the man.

He probably is lying though.

49 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Alex Smith.  Mad shagger. 

49 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

The horrible, creepy git you refer to is the greasy little b*****d before McKinnon.

Could be any of a plethora of managers in Scotland, Derek Adams and Jim McIntyre certainly have similar reps.

Edited by KabbaCharming

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who in their right mind would shag anything from Greenock. You have to be talking shite on that basis

What? This was at Dundee Utd, you are greatly over-estimating Morton if you think our admin team is more than one man and a dug

I wasn't saying that you being told that is false, I am saying it is a false representation of what he is like. 

Few different people I have spoke to, mostly Journos and admin staff plus a kitmam - admittedly none in the same positions as you. One person who went for an interview told me that he said that if she slept with him she would get the job.

Think him turning up for the Morton club photos and laughing about with staff when he knew that he had agreed a deal at Falkirk is pretty damning as well.
Some pretty unsavoury accusations you are banding about tbh

19 minutes ago, KabbaCharming said:

One person who went for an interview told me that he said that if she slept with him she would get the job.

I'd be a little wary of making allegations like that if I were you.

While I don't know what happens at every club, the manager normally only employs people working directly with the team. Players, coaches, sports science, maybe kitman, and one other. And 99% of those appointments are male. The only role where the applicant might be female is the physio. Morton have a female physio, as I think do Dundee Utd.

I'm not sure either of those folk would be pleased to read your last post.

Let's just say that as a Morton fan you have reasons for disliking McKinnon and leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'd be a little wary of making allegations like that if I were you.

While I don't know what happens at every club, the manager normally only employs people working directly with the team. Players, coaches, sports science, maybe kitman, and one other. And 99% of those appointments are male. The only role where the applicant might be female is the physio. Morton have a female physio, as I think do Dundee Utd.

I'm not sure either of those folk would be pleased to read your last post.

Let's just say that as a Morton fan you have reasons for disliking McKinnon and leave it at that.

Fair enough. Although, I am just passing this on, as with all this stuff there is always a fair level of exaggeration and just as I haven't taken it as gospel, neither should anyone else. Overall though, I have heard enough that makes me doubt he is a top bloke. Happy to leave it there.