The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

I feel its only fitting to bookend this glorious failure of Falkirk's season with a recap before they leave us for threads with three responses a week in them.

Feel free to add your own that I've missed. 

•    Scrapped your academy to spend more money on the first team budget
•    Sacked Paul Hartley
•    Ayr Utd's Manager refused the opportunity to manage you
•    Tapped up Morton's unhappy manager illegally 
•    Knocked out of the Irn Bru Cup by Welsh Part timers
•    Brought your own security to Cappielow for the safety of your fans
•    THAT Ray McKinnon photo
•    Took  seven matches to gain your first points of the season
•    Won your second game of the season in November
•    Falkirk Board accuse fans of being racist towards their own player
•    Lose tribunal and have to pay SFA fine for tapping up Morton's  manager 
•    Got rid of most of your squad and spent big bringing in players to save your season
•    Signed Morton's best player on a pre contract
•    Celebrated a 38th minute equaliser against a team your fans don't care about  by invading the pitch (No pitch invasions the following week when you beat Ayr)
•    Celebrated an injury time winner against QOTS with another pitch invasion, only for QOTS to score an 96th minute equaliser because of it
•    In order to make up with the Morton board, you decide to pay them compensation for McKinnon despite insisting that we were not due it
•    Got within touching distance of safety then lost to Morton, Alloa and drew with QOTS when it really mattered
•    Complete a full season of matches against Jonatan Johansson without winning one of them
•    Beat the league champions on the final day in glorious dramatic fashion only for the result to be meaningless
•    Relegation to Scotland's third tier
•    Kicked a board members car as they left the stadium
•    Morton's best player's pre contract becomes null and void due to relegation
•    The crushing realisation you spent over £100k on a manager who ultimately took you down
•    Margaret Lang cries real actual tears at a meeting with fans

9 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Getting rid of Lang or Campbell changes nothing, in fact I reckon removing just them could make it worse. It’s still the MSG who make the decisions, they know that and are trying to derail the fan ownership scheme.

We are not getting rid of them. Lang is staying on the board of directors.

In all honesty, I don’t think there’s any statement in the world the board could make that would satisfy some supporters short of resignation(which isn’t possible when there is no buyer). 
But I’m not sure why an unpaid volunteer seems to be taking all the flak when we have a paid CEO getting off Scot free.

The club needs new ownership.

When that is announced and every single one of the MSG and Board have gone (exc KK) I will be satisfied.

Just to reiterate again that the board are aware of what goes on in this thread and for their benefit, stick yer statement right up yer arse.

I have only once before experienced a set of people so hopelessly disconnected from the people they are trying to manipulate. They genuinely think we are stupid. They will be unable to comprehend the response to their statement as it was clearly written by arrogant people who do not respect its target audience.

Threats and intimidation are up next and likely to follow in short order. Just fucking watch.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

These fuckers are getting close to the worst owners ever. Yet to see any accusation of dipping into club funds for their own benefits though. That would be a full house of fuckery.

Deans family that done that wasnt it if i mind right ?

If as has been posted the Board read this forum then this is for you. Give the fans a timeline and what will be done and when therefore keeping them informed.

Future club ownership. When will the budget for next season be announced. When will there be signings. If you don't know say so. Until then the rumour factory will be churning out wish lists and gossip.

A full root and branch review of the board, management and governance of the club will be carried out. The interim chairman will advise on future board structure and appointments, and management processes. Yet everything else in the statement contradicts this.

The Board thanked Margaret for her commitment and hard work on behalf of the club during her period as Chairman. Margaret will stay on the board of directors. So what will she be restricted from doing now that she could autonomously do as Chairman? Has the “interim chairman confirmed ML will stay on the board?

Further board changes will follow the board level review. How the hell can they say that when the review hasn’t yet taken place?

The board will continue to pursue options for fan and community involvement and ownership as a means to help finance a promotion push and to safeguard the long-term future. How can you (again) prejudice the outcome of the review before it has taken place?

Poor statement with pretty much no information aside from Lang moving sideways.

Tbh, Im not sure what the board can do in the short term to win back the fans support, short of resigning. Can only see it being a slow uptake on season tickets that will make real change.