The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Commercial manager is I suspect one of these jobs that's actually pretty easy unless you're a total moron.

Selling Falkirk as a brand is probably pretty tough, since we are utter shite.

Like trying to sell a burning building

Edited by BMbairn

Surely businesses are mostly interested in level of exposure. You can sell Falkirk as exposing your brand to our fucking #MASSIVE support.

37 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The Commercial turnover has more than doubled since Kieran took over. I know the figures as KK and I are sort of friends, given that some weeks I'm never away from the stadium and it's usually because I'm doing stuff to help the Commercial Dept. However I'm not going to put them online.

Sorry Marsh, but I just don't think it would be appropriate.  That sort of thing should come out in AGM accounts and nowhere else.

The fact that he was promoted from manager to director and has twice been approached for positions elsewhere would suggest that he's doing a good job though. 

If you choose to disbelieve it that's your prerogative.

Aye that's fair enough. I'm probably not coming across this way but I genuinely don't know either way whether he's doing an incredible job or not. Plenty people on here seem to have him on a pedestal based on a couple of posts on forums or very vague "turned the commercial side around" type chat.

Double £20 is only £40 ;)

In 2009 I was offered a trackside board at TFS via a Stirling publicity company for £200 a month for the remainder of the season, with a pretty wide range of positions and an option to stop any time I wanted. I came along to a  game and saw the state of the billboards already there - tatty and sparse. The Stirling guy told me some of them hadn't actually been paid for since the previous season and I could probably get a better price than £200. I declined.*  Just look at the advertising now - it's packed. The signage is new and we've had at least two sponsors of the entire North Stand since I've been coming - it wasn't sponsored in 09 I don't think. 

*On the plus side, I then came back for another game and another, then bought a half-season ticket and I'm still here :)

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The Commercial turnover has more than doubled since Kieran took over. I know the figures as KK and I are sort of friends, given that some weeks I'm never away from the stadium and it's usually because I'm doing stuff to help the Commercial Dept. However I'm not going to put them online.

Sorry Marsh, but I just don't think it would be appropriate.  That sort of thing should come out in AGM accounts and nowhere else.

The fact that he was promoted from manager to director and has twice been approached for positions elsewhere would suggest that he's doing a good job though. 

If you choose to disbelieve it that's your prerogative.

Wow, telt or what?

I also know someone who knows KK and he's highly thought of.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, BMbairn said:

Surely businesses are mostly interested in level of exposure. You can sell Falkirk as exposing your brand to our fucking #MASSIVE support.

Fair enough plenty exposure this season for all the wrong reasons. Including our own board telling the media how terrible their own fans are. It would be nice to get exposure for playing good football 

I wonder at what point boardroom uncertainty is going to start hindering us.

Ray has talked of a 2 year plan. I like the idea of that. But that said, if he has a 2 year plan he is going to have to be ready to start making signings. Are the board currently focused on football matters?

The released list is growing and now includes guys like Kris Doolan who could probably get a championship gig, but would we be able to match at least some of the championship wage wise and sell him a 2 year idea?

Not sure if we could but I hope we are active in that respect. Cant afford a false start.

21 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What's the thoughts on signing Tam Scobbie ? Play him beside the Edge as a center back pairing. Ex academy, Falkirk fan, Captained the side, Experienced. He ticks a lot of boxes for what we require to build on and would give you 100% every game. With a bonus he is a hard little bugger ! something sadly missing last season.

I'm afraid to say those who have seen him play for Brechin this season say he has been poor even at that level

On 08/05/2019 at 14:51, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Some big donut on the Facebook page wanting to re-sign Grant and build the team around him since he has just been released by Carlisle.. Another wanting to get Scobbie back because he knows what it's like to be a bairn. Another suggesting we buy back Vaulks and build the team around him. Some interesting individuals on that page..

Anyone who thinks we could get vaulks back must be smoking fucking crack. 

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

In 2009 I was offered a trackside board at TFS via a Stirling publicity company for £200 a month for the remainder of the season, with a pretty wide range of positions and an option to stop any time I wanted. I came along to a  game and saw the state of the billboards already there - tatty and sparse. The Stirling guy told me some of them hadn't actually been paid for since the previous season and I could probably get a better price than £200. I declined.*  Just look at the advertising now - it's packed. The signage is new and we've had at least two sponsors of the entire North Stand since I've been coming - it wasn't sponsored in 09 I don't think. 

*On the plus side, I then came back for another game and another, then bought a half-season ticket and I'm still here :)

Mental to think that it's easier to sell advertising when you aren't in the middle of a massive financial crisis.

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Mental to think that it's easier to sell advertising when you aren't in the middle of a massive financial crisis.

The impression I got at the time was it was all a bit amateurish. Having said that, I never spoke to them direct, just what the Stirling guys were telling me. 

15 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Just back from a meeting tonight between all the supporters groups and Craig Campbell and Margaret Lang, here is a summary of what was said (please don’t shot the messenger)

Meeting occurred due to only two Falkirk players turning up to the 3 supporters evenings a few weeks back.

At the beginning ML was in tears and couldn’t speak.

She said she wanted to release a statement but the board were against it.

Explained that they still believe we were above board with the whole McKinnon and Morton saga and that McKinnon wanted to bring a few things up at the tribunal which he wasn’t allowed too which has been backed up by JJ and Houston apparently. Ayr United actually tried to stick up for us by saying we acted above board with them.

Craig Campbell is persuading the board to give out two year contracts to players not only capable of winning League One next year but the Championship the following. He said if they cut the season ticket prices by 10% the playing budget will be reduced by £50,000. He wants bums on seats and every penny is going to the playing budget.

Ray McKinnon was up at Dundee today discussing friendlies (don’t know who with) however club don’t want to pay too much as every penny is wanted towards playing budget.

There’s a board meeting tomorrow to discuss the future of the board. Says there’s interested parties but you have to watch who you let into the club.

Apologised for the whole racist saga and said that was handled very poorly which they accept.

This wasn’t meant to be so much Q and A or they would have made it an open fan’s forum.

Any suggestion that Campbell will be putting his bum on a seat at Easter Road and leaving us alone?

Edited by Hughsie

Just back from a meeting tonight between all the supporters groups and Craig Campbell and Margaret Lang, here is a summary of what was said (please don’t shot the messenger)

Meeting occurred due to only two Falkirk players turning up to the 3 supporters evenings a few weeks back.

At the beginning ML was in tears and couldn’t speak.

She said she wanted to release a statement but the board were against it.

Explained that they still believe we were above board with the whole McKinnon and Morton saga and that McKinnon wanted to bring a few things up at the tribunal which he wasn’t allowed too which has been backed up by JJ and Houston apparently. Ayr United actually tried to stick up for us by saying we acted above board with them.

Craig Campbell is persuading the board to give out two year contracts to players not only capable of winning League One next year but the Championship the following. He said if they cut the season ticket prices by 10% the playing budget will be reduced by £50,000. He wants bums on seats and every penny is going to the playing budget.

Ray McKinnon was up at Dundee today discussing friendlies (don’t know who with) however club don’t want to pay too much as every penny is wanted towards playing budget.

There’s a board meeting tomorrow to discuss the future of the board. Says there’s interested parties but you have to watch who you let into the club.

Apologised for the whole racist saga and said that was handled very poorly which they accept.

This wasn’t meant to be so much Q and A or they would have made it an open fan’s forum.

Forgot to add, admires Hartley and his signings were to blame and they should have had more football knowledge on the board and it wouldn’t have happened. They set the budgets and let the manager pick the players. They said, imagine the outcry if they had stepped in and stopped a manager signing a player within his budget. Hartley told them we needed a major overhaul and they were led along the garden path.