The Falkirk FC Thread

McKees actually a half decent player, he’s just an utter shitebag and doesn’t put a shift in.

Doolans just been released from Thistle, hasn’t been any good this year for them but could be a great signing for a team in the seasides [emoji57]

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

McKees actually a half decent player, he’s just an utter shitebag and doesn’t put a shift in.

Doolans just been released from Thistle, hasn’t been any good this year for them but could be a great signing for a team in the seasides emoji57.png

I'd take Doolan 100%, was playing in the top league not too long ago and probably needs the change in club to give him a kickstart. I'd imagine there'll be other championship clubs after him though.

McKee can f**k off, definitely got talent but shows it once every 10 games or so. Frustrating as hell.

Ken he had another year left on his contract but was still hoping to see Ross Maclean’s name on the list. He’d fit right in with Hartleys shite from last summer.

My condolences go to the fans of whatever team signs that joker Fasan in the summer. Genuinely can’t put into words how awful he is. Unless it’s Morton of course, that would be a right laugh.

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ken he had another year left on his contract but was still hoping to see Ross Maclean’s name on the list. He’d fit right in with Hartleys shite from last summer.

My condolences go to the fans of whatever team signs that joker Fasan in the summer. Genuinely can’t put into words how awful he is. Unless it’s Morton of course, that would be a right laugh.

I thought MacLean has been pretty shite since he signed, but he looked better on Saturday when behind the top 2 tbf.

I'm interested to see how MacLean will do in a more attacking team. Morton seemed to rate him before he left for us. In fact I remember some fans slating JJ because he instantly benched him

20 minutes ago, Russ said:

I can't believe that Ross McLean hasn't been a star. All that bragging about taking all our best assets. He couldn't get a game in the worst Morton team in decades. Live with it. Good that Ray and his cronies did so well for you. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

QoS are in a financial mess at the moment with crowds similar to yourselves on decline. If they do come down, it won't be like last time where they were the big boys in the league.

I fear for us at the moment but I'd be more fearful as Queen's fan if they went down.

We are? Good job you are here to keep us right then.

45 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

I thought MacLean has been pretty shite since he signed, but he looked better on Saturday when behind the top 2 tbf.

I thought McLean was one of the best players on the park on Saturday and was disappointed when he was subbed. He does strike me as one of those players that'll maybe only turn it on occasionally though.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Was more meaning they will remain full-time I take it?  

The more full-time teams the more players needing to be persuaded to drop down to that division. Any decent player wanting to remain full-time will give Championship teams more thought unless they can be enticed with more money/longer contract.

It could be a case the League1 full-time teams get the lower end of the pack of full-time players as most will want to play in the Championship. Same goes for loan deals as parent Clubs might want to loan to no lower than Championship.

Then it's a scramble for full-time mediocre players....  

Stating the obvious but loans a lot of the time can be down to contacts within the club seeking the loan from and obviously where the players development area is at, we rarely see experienced players on loan at championship level, so loans will be the lottery they tend to be with our pool being a bit more shallow than most championship teams.

A player being offered a year contract(money&length) with us versus an expected bottom end championship team will weigh up that win bonus will feature more with us and if he has confidence in his ability to shine at this level, his profile will increase giving him bigger options than he had 12 month ago due to being too good for league one, tho have to say there is an area between league one and championship that some sit in.

Ps Id take Bob back for this league, this is his level for me

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Going to go out on a limb here, but you seem to have an awful hard on for Houstons team of failures. Was you first time going to Falkirk games the 'glory' years of the playoffs with hibs? 

Vaulks is also now a capped international which will have increased his value somewhat. 

True , but it was one game v Trinidad in a friendly so I am not sure how much credence a buying club will put on that.

As I said I'd be astounded if Rotherham get over 2M now they are relegated, maybe they will get add-ons but that won't help us.

I could be wrong I suppose & hope I am -  but he can sign for someone for nothing in 7 months, that is a bigger factor than his international friendly match cap .  

Quite happy with the list of all the players which have been punted  (obviously we were never going to manage to keep Burgoyne, Keillor-Dunn or Rudden). I might have kept Petra, but too injury prone for me. Also I would have punted Paton, though he may be good enough for League 1. If we can get Robson, Dixon, McKenna and McGhee tied up for next season that should give us a good base to add to 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/05/09/player-update-2/

It's hardly a club statement - it's an update on players which is what they call it.

There is no statement - no apology , no acknowledgement that the strategy went badly wrong & no plan for the future. 

All of this might still come but don't hold your breath.

Contrast this with the statement from the Pars' BOD - that was compassionate, heartfelt , informative, realistic, & potentially inspiring (I say potentially as it doesn't inspire me as I don't care for them but might well inspire THEM)  - oh and timely.

Craig Campbell - what a useless cowardly tosspot     

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You think that it worked ??

Are you being deliberately stupid, or completely missing the point? People fawning over signings based on how good looking they are is a bit of fun. It had absolutely zero impact on what happened to us this season. 

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Are you being deliberately stupid, or completely missing the point? People fawning over signings based on how good looking they are is a bit of fun. It had absolutely zero impact on what happened to us this season. 

Ok doke. My point is I would not like to see it repeated.