The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

I just don't understand why everyone badgers Kidd so much.

Has been a solid player for us when used - mostly out of position at RB.

He's never done anything seriously wrong. He actually moves the ball on quite well and has a lot of nice one touch play which speeds our play up. Something which we can lack.

Kidd is average at best, he can at times reach above average but on the whole is average. 

He was poor on Monday against Rangers kids and nearly every reserve game I attended, credit him tho with doing well away at Dundee Utd when he came on but there is a big difference between starting week in week out and coming on and making an impact.

I wouldn't cry if he was offered a new contract but surely there is better out there even at league 1 level.

Id guess the money from Kingsley with add ons will be our biggest transfer in, sure the add on was a big one. He has suffered with a lot of injuries recently, so perhaps Swansea were right to deal at that time and thankfully for us also.

Whereas we will now bring through no players at all from the academy, not to mention the many millions of £s in transfer fees that were earned. I'm not saying we should revive the academy straight away but it should certainly be a future consideration.
It was more than 7 first team players too btw.

I understood the problem with the academy was that the goal posts have changed with project brave and to qualify for elite status we have to have an indoor full size pitch . Without being categorized as elite by the SFA then we wouldn’t be able to entice or hold on to our best players who will be attracted to the Other elite clubs in edin or Glasgow . We apparently can’t stop them moving on for buttons within the youth system ( is contracts don’t hold water with talent at that age )and the kudos of playing at the top level will be insisted on by parents and kids . So if I’m right we could set up an academy any talent will nag of for free and we will have spent a fortune on Kevin O’Hara and Scott Shepherd push ! -No thanks

Nope, money will be extremely tight next season and every penny of it should be focused on getting us promoted at the first attempt. The last thing we need is to be leaking money on an organisation that has brought through 7 first team players in 10 years.

But made the club £2m

Barr,Scobbie, Arfield, Murdoch, Wallace, Alston,
Sibbald, McGrandles, Fulton, Duffie, Stewart, Kingsley, Biabi, Gallagher, Blair, Flynn off the top of my head. That is a few more than 7 and every last one of them would have walked in to this years side

If he goes for around £8 million, we’ll get £2 mil of that, which is more than all the academy sales we’ve had. Yes, a sale that big is an exception to the rule but there’s no reason we couldn’t get lots of smaller sales if we have the right scouting network in place(ie not Hartley and Mitchell).
The way we recruited McKenna is an example. There are lots of players coming out of the American college system and the money saved from the academy could allow us to offer longer term contracts to get a return on them.

Utter rubbish about our Academy sales. Off the top of my head the following

Flynn -120k
Arfield - 440k plus two appearance add ons on 50k
Wallace - 400k
Kingsley - 350k plus two add ons approx 400k
McGrandles - 500k
Stewart 150k
Biabi - 100k
Blair - 150k
Fulton - 100k plus add ons

Add to that all the kids that spend a couple of years in the Academy that move elsewhere and we were getting 5/10k’s the number is way way more than £2m

15 hours ago, bud1876 said:

We will probably hang around here a little longer seeing as it's getting on your tits.

Yep, probably all six of them.

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

While we wait for a statement, I’ve heard that Campbell is still very much in post as it stands.

That could be a stumbling block for prospective interested investors / buyers. 

Kidd is brutal. Been to reserve games and he doesn’t even stand out there. Can play in different positions but none of them effectively. McKinnon has hardly played him so not sure where he stands in his plans for next season now we are down. Maybe a squad player in League 1 at best.

23 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Read the statement issued by their club.

I know, a club issuing an end of season statement!
Never catch on.

f**k me but that statement puts our board of dullards to shame.

McShane and McGhee are the only 2 I’d keep for next year. Possibly Robson as well.

Kidd is league 2 standard at best, only looked good next to Craig Sibbald.

Ohara will end up packing in football or be in the juniors.

The rest are all diddies.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

McShane and McGhee are the only 2 I’d keep for next year. Possibly Robson as well.

Kidd is league 2 standard at best, only looked good next to Craig Sibbald.

Ohara will end up packing in football or be in the juniors.

The rest are all diddies.

Say what you really think :lol: