The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

If he goes for around £8 million, we’ll get £2 mil of that, which is more than all the academy sales we’ve had. Yes, a sale that big is an exception to the rule but there’s no reason we couldn’t get lots of smaller sales if we have the right scouting network in place(ie not Hartley and Mitchell).

The way we recruited McKenna is an example. There are lots of players coming out of the American college system and the money saved from the academy could allow us to offer longer term contracts to get a return on them.

David Weir came back from the US and ask Jeffries for a trial so there is talent available. The usual problem beset us when he moved on. International class all over him Hatley and the likes in his pocket every game. What do we do ? Goes to Hearts for pocket money and Hamilton in exchange. Banging head on desk at the sheer stupidity.

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Edi bairn...... Just when things couldn't get worse

On a positive  note at least he hasnt mentioned we should go for Sheps from Edinburgh City

38 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

200k potentially rising to 500k with add ons.

Well I know that the figure rumoured at the time was for way more than that and the DR report quotes Ritchie as having confirmed this. Of course the official figure was 'undisclosed' at the time so I'd be interested to hear where you get the figures that you quote? 

2 minutes ago, sick boy said:

am I being whooshed here or are you being serious?

Think he is pretty serious on it Will went for what 300k ? activated 12 month ext on his contract at Rotherham tying him to 2020 wants to leave minimum fee i have seen reported for him being 1.5million highest fee i have seen quoted being 5 million depending what sell on clause we had on it.

am I being whooshed here or are you being serious?
Don't think you are being whooshed. If I remember correctly we have 20% sell on clause. With the way that English market is inflated Will could easily go for £8 million plus.

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Think he is pretty serious on it Will went for what 300k ? activated 12 month ext on his contract at Rotherham tying him to 2020 wants to leave minimum fee i have seen reported for him being 1.5million highest fee i have seen quoted being 5 million depending what sell on clause we had on it.

Figure reported for the sale was £180k.

Don't think you are being whooshed. If I remember correctly we have 20% sell on clause. With the way that English market is inflated Will could easily go for £8 million plus.

perhaps, but even still the academy sales in total are over 2million.

Just now, sick boy said:

Transfermarkt had Conor McGrandles fee from us to Norwich as 1.25 million maybe with the add ons but realistically i would say anywhere between 500-750k. I suppose
you need a bit of luck on your side with unearthing some gems not to mention a manager that is happy to give youth a chance in the first team for them to shine.

I'm not sure how much the academy sales were as in typical Falkirk fashion a lot went for an undisclosed fee. Always made me feel we had punted them on the cheap.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:
5 minutes ago, sick boy said:

I'm not sure how much the academy sales were as in typical Falkirk fashion a lot went for an undisclosed fee. Always made me feel we had punted them on the cheap.

That one wouldnt surprise me to be honest, lets hope whoever takes over has a lot more savvy than the current lot, though in fairness they did rescue the club in its hour of need  from liquidation.

44 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

200k potentially rising to 500k with add ons.

The sums from the accounts showed it was around 200k cash in (I don't have the numbers in front of me but recall this was correct). The 500k figure the likes of Ritchie quoted were best case scenario after add ons. Of course they were going to bump the number up publicly to make themselves look better.

8 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Isn’t that ginger boy who works for the club meant to also be the Supporter Liaison Officer for the fans too... being an employee in that position surely defeats the purpose of the role.

SLOs are paid employees of the clubs in most cases, as far as I’m aware.