The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

The only way to turn next year into a positive is by getting promoted with a team that ends up having the quality for top 4 championship football. Risky but I believe you can only achieve that if you get an experienced spine and fill up the rest with youngsters that can grow in league 1 to become the required standard. Two established CBs, a holding mid and an attacking mid with preferably pacey youngsters around them. Can't believe I'm saying this but we're reaching a level where O'Hara could become relevant again.

People need to stop this. O'Hara was rotten for stenhousemuir in League 1. He isn't good enough.

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Can't believe I'm saying this but we're reaching a level where O'Hara could become relevant again.

We’d have Mutch in goal, Scobbie at left back, Paton and Waddington at centre mid, Robson at left wing and Todorov and O’Hara up front if the fans picked the team next season. Bonkers.

People need to stop this. O'Hara was rotten for stenhousemuir in League 1. He isn't good enough.

To be fair to the lad he was playing in a team that eventually finished second bottom. He was also being played out of position. I can see him getting another years contract in the hope that playing in League 1 might help his development

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Rocco said:
6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

To be fair to the lad he was playing in a team that eventually finished second bottom. He was also being played out of position. I can see him getting another years contract in the hope that playing in League 1 might help his development

His development? He's been developing for the last 5 years now lol

1 minute ago, Rocco said:
6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

He’s scored 3 goals in 78 appearances mostly in league 1. No thank you.

His development? He's been developing for the last 5 years now lol
He’s scored 3 goals in 78 appearances mostly in league 1. No thank you.
Did I say I wanted him? My point is he is on low wages and they may think he'll be a worthwhile squad player. He needs to build a squad and he may feel he can use O'Hara to make up the numbers, which will allow him to spend the money elsewhere

Some big donut on the Facebook page wanting to re-sign Grant and build the team around him since he has just been released by Carlisle.. Another wanting to get Scobbie back because he knows what it's like to be a bairn. Another suggesting we buy back Vaulks and build the team around him. Some interesting individuals on that page..

23 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Was unclear there, I don't want him in the team it just shows to me how far we've dropped. Instead of him getting to our level, we're getting near his.

Edited by Gollum

Some big donut on the Facebook page wanting to re-sign Grant and build the team around him since he has just been released by Carlisle.. Another wanting to get Scobbie back because he knows what it's like to be a bairn. Another suggesting we buy back Vaulks and build the team around him. Some interesting individuals on that page..
People need to stop living in the past

7 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Dinnae mind PG tbh.

I love that boi still.

I’m sure if enough of us remortgage there’s a real possibility we can get Vaulks back......

26 minutes ago, Rocco said:
30 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Giving O Hara another years contract to help his development is the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result) he hasnt changed any in the other years he has signed i wouldnt expect this one to make any odds.

Edited by AL-FFC

12 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

The club are taking their time issuing the release list. But I don’t think a fifth complete rebuild in two years .would do us any good.

I’d be looking to realistically keep Dixon, McKenna, Edge, McGhee, Kidd, Paton, McShane and Petra. 

Petra selling his car and looking for a quick sale, would suggest he is leaving the country,

I doubt McKenna's dad will allow him to sign on for a league one team, can see him staying high championship at worst.

Can see McGhee ending up at a Livingston or Hamilton as a backup. 

McShane has a fat arse so if no one else wants him, he might stay on.

Kidd will stay, he isnt good enough for anywhere else and will likely shine in League One

Edge and Dixon I reckon will sign up for next year, which I would be quite happy about

41 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Well, that's GOT to be a wind up. Nobody could be that thick!

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

We’re about to get more for Will Vaulks than all the academy sales in total

Hopefully that'll happen but it's very much the exception to the rule don't you think? When you add up transfer fees and add-on's, he would have to be sold for about £20m (assuming that we've got a 20% sell on deal) for us to receive more than the total academy sales and I don't think Rotherham will get anywhere near that much.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Hopefully that'll happen but it's very much the exception to the rule don't you think? When you add up transfer fees and add-on's, he would have to be sold for about £20m (assuming that we've got a 20% sell on deal) for us to receive more than the total academy sales and I don't think Rotherham will get anywhere near that much.

If he goes for around £8 million, we’ll get £2 mil of that, which is more than all the academy sales we’ve had. Yes, a sale that big is an exception to the rule but there’s no reason we couldn’t get lots of smaller sales if we have the right scouting network in place(ie not Hartley and Mitchell).

The way we recruited McKenna is an example. There are lots of players coming out of the American college system and the money saved from the academy could allow us to offer longer term contracts to get a return on them.

Edited by LatapyBairn