The Falkirk FC Thread

Mind that time when the BOD decided that 7th place in the SPL wasn't good enough for a club Falkirk's size and gave Hughes oodles of cash that he spent on his old mates?

Good times.

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Certainly in the next level now!

That's when the decline started. We should have been relegated that season, only Higdon's backside kept us up. Getting to the cup final (with a very favourable run) papered over the cracks. Then the next season we ended up with the utterly hapless May and gave him far, far too long before the BOD realised he was a hopeless manager. Relegation followed and we haven't recovered since.

We will go with our black arm bands on when its GTF day or when Morton go into admin...........whatever comes first............tick tock

Bet it won’t be long till they come to visit us down there.

We should see how the number of views in this forum changes next year.

#forumcrowdwank

Back in the days when he used to sign his statements.  Now coz it's all bad news let's stay all anonymous and hide behind Margaret.
What a tosspot

I would be quite happy with a... “sorry nobody wants to speak to you” on the website, hey they don’t even have to put “sorry” in!

14 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

He was offered a new deal but couldn't hold a pen long enough to sign the contract. 

You'd be as well resigning from the forum now, because this is the best post you will ever make.

Fasan released yet?

Let’s hope soon I would go with Mutch next year. He’s good enough for that league. Now that we are down to league 1 I’ve reflected on what that means for me as a fan
. 1 we will have a bunch of piss players - no change there
2 the football will be pish and the ball will be in the air most of the time - no change there even in the SPL the ball is in the air all the time
3 we will likely have new owners - big change and overdue- and a positive
4 we will win most weeks - got to be better
5 we can look to rebuild - better than watching a slow decline
6 crowds will be lower - so what the atmosphere is pish anyway
7 the club will have less money - maybe it will teach us to be a bit more prudent
8 we will have a clown as a manager - no change for the last ten years
9 We won’t be able to win a cup no change since 195 then
10 We will score more goals an attack most weeks hallelujah- it’s why I go and watch

So overall not much changes - my Saturday’s will still be the same - look up not down its a great time for kids to be fans they will start to think we win more often than not .

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

Let’s hope soon I would go with Mutch next year. He’s good enough for that league. Now that we are down to league 1 I’ve reflected on what that means for me as a fan
. 1 we will have a bunch of piss players - no change there
2 the football will be pish and the ball will be in the air most of the time - no change there even in the SPL the ball is in the air all the time
3 we will likely have new owners - big change and overdue- and a positive
4 we will win most weeks - got to be better
5 we can look to rebuild - better than watching a slow decline
6 crowds will be lower - so what the atmosphere is pish anyway
7 the club will have less money - maybe it will teach us to be a bit more prudent
8 we will have a clown as a manager - no change for the last ten years
9 We won’t be able to win a cup no change since 195 then
10 We will score more goals an attack most weeks hallelujah- it’s why I go and watch

So overall not much changes - my Saturday’s will still be the same - look up not down its a great time for kids to be fans they will start to think we win more often than not .

I think people are counting their chickens for the League 1 title already.

If Montrose or Forfar win the play-offs, which is very possible, the league could consist of a lot of teams who'd fancy their chances next year....

1. Falkirk

2. Raith

3. Queens

4. Airdrie going Hybrid

5. Dumbarton have a squad capable of doing damage

6. Peterhead have the squad and finances to mount a challenge and who could forget that individual shegging Rory Mac handed to us in the cup at TFS.

7. Clyde, if they come up, have players who should be playing higher up - Goodwillie, Rankin, Love, McStay

Then you have East Fife who were all set for a play-off place this year before crashing, Stranrear and the loser out of the play-offs.

Not easy at all.

Widnae put it past us finishing 5th.

1 minute ago, BendtnerBairn said:

I think people are counting their chickens for the League 1 title already.

If Montrose or Forfar win the play-offs, which is very possible, the league could consist of a lot of teams who'd fancy their chances next year....

1. Falkirk

2. Raith

3. Queens

4. Airdrie going Hybrid

5. Dumbarton have a squad capable of doing damage

6. Peterhead have the squad and finances to mount a challenge and who could forget that individual shegging Rory Mac handed to us in the cup at TFS.

7. Clyde, if they come up, have players who should be playing higher up - Goodwillie, Rankin, Love, McStay

Then you have East Fife who were all set for a play-off place this year before crashing, Stranrear and the loser out of the play-offs.

Not easy at all.

Widnae put it past us finishing 5th.

"If you offered Falkirk fans the possibility of finishing 5th going into the last day in October, I'm sure they'd have taken it..." - Ray boi (May 2020)

I've been making fun of your board all season for the amount of statements they've released which makes their silence now even more deafening.

They'd released a statement condemning you all as racists before an investigation had been done, yet when it comes to their own discretions and failures they're nowhere to be seen.

I almost feel sorry for you. Almost.

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I've been making fun of your board all season for the amount of statements they've released which makes their silence now even more deafening.

They'd released a statement condemning you all as racists before an investigation had been done, yet when it comes to their own discretions and failures they're nowhere to be seen.

I almost feel sorry for you. Almost.

You got your hole last night eh?

As we'll keep Puma, I'm assuming that Central Demolition will be emblazoned on the kit. 

We've got to get The Academy back and reading this statement just shows how clueless are the people in charge:

Far from giving the club an annual cash boost these player sales were just filling a cash hole. A significant chunk of that annual hole was related to the costs of running a full youth development programme. The risk to the club was that if these costs were allowed to continue and we went a full 12 months without transfer or sell on income at or above £400k this would have placed the club at risk of running out of cash.

This is the thing: we already know that we won't be selling several players each year, and if you look at some of the more successful youth programs in football, they're not discovering Neymar Jrs or Mbappes on a frequent basis either. We may not have the financial resources as others do but that £400k is seen as risky, while we've lost thousands on poor purchases, fines and a CEO's salary, just beggars belief.

If the new owner is passionate and more importantly, knowledgeable about the club, then we may see a gradual reintroduction of The Academy. However, I feel we'll end up with the usual up and coming "Premiership prospects" with the passion to turn up, run around, pose and then look deflated/puzzled/lost following questionable results.

It might just get us promoted though.