The Falkirk FC Thread

That's quite the legacy that Paul Hartley is leaving around Scotland at the moment.
There are folk who might think it's harsh to blame him for both Dundee and Falkirk's relegations, but I'm going to. He's lined them up like a trick-shot of managerial mediocrity. The smug, fat fucker. I'd like to think this will be enough to make sure he never works again, except maybe at Morton.
Sound the Ludo*1 klaxon.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:37, Bainsfordbairn said:

It's possible there are. I don't know. 

The point is that you evidently don't either. You're happy to make scattergun allegations about gravy trains, hospitality hounds and hangers-on, yet when pressed to substantiate them all you seems to be able to offer is a version or "well it might be happening, even though I don't know who, what, when or how. But I heard it from a bloke in the pub so it must be true".

The reason I'm posting about this has nothing to do with the board or MSG, incidentally.

I have a number of friends, both paid staff and volunteers, who work on the top floor on a matchday.  I don't think it's fair to make insinuations which could be seen as targeting them. 

We will just have to agree to dis-agree on this one, the people I have spoken to have been correct about a few things if that hurts a couple of your pals then so be it. We now have bigger issues ahead in any case given we are now a 3rd teir club. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

The chat of our fans relegating us down at queens is utter shite btw :lol:

Giving every other team a 3 month head start by having the worst team in living memory relegated us.

We were still shite post January too, McKinnons failure to release the handbrake killed us for me.

You can't make top 4 giving teams a head start but by fuk you can escape relegation, but it's over a season and not individual incidents that relegated us.

Just now, MrDust said:

We were still shite post January too, McKinnons failure to release the handbrake killed us for me.

You can't make top 4 giving teams a head start but by fuk you can escape relegation, but it's over a season and not individual incidents that relegated us.

That is true.

As much as Hartley was a fat wee arrogant mess, the 4 months post Jan in 17/18 were gid and a lot better to watch with Longride, Jak, Nelson, Sibbs all on the park at the same time.

The second half of this season was more of the same dire p1sh from the first half with a different set of players.

That's quite the legacy that Paul Hartley is leaving around Scotland at the moment.
There are folk who might think it's harsh to blame him for both Dundee and Falkirk's relegations, but I'm going to. He's lined them up like a trick-shot of managerial mediocrity. The smug, fat fucker. I'd like to think this will be enough to make sure he never works again, except maybe at Morton.

Preach brother.

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned about keeping Mutch

Who's the goat that wants to keep Paton?
he's the worst footballer I've seen in 30 years. Actually, I take that back, he's not a footballer.

Tbf both Mutch and Paton are still contracted for next season. So unless anyone takes them off our hands they’ll be here. I’d happily punt both tbh.

Oh and a bit wild calling Paton a worse footballer than Mark fucking Waddington. A rugby player masquerading as a football player.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Tbf both Mutch and Paton are still contracted for next season. So unless anyone takes them off our hands they’ll be here. I’d happily punt both tbh.

Mutch was fairly pish for us in the few games he played this season. We were absolutely gantin' at the time though so it might not have been entirely his fault.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Forgetting what they were like as Championship players, Ryan Williamson and Higgy are two of our released bunch that could be worth recruiting. Higgy has that bit of fire you'll need (we won lots of games by using Josh Falkingham as human bait, getting part times wound up and sent off). Williamson was excellent in League one and has a good understanding with Higgy. 

Of course it would be great of you signed some duffers and finished 7th like us but those two are the kind of guys who would stand out. 

The person most likely to get wound up by Higginbotham signing for us again would be me.

The person most likely to get wound up by Higginbotham signing for us again would be me.

He’d probably wind his fucking self up.

No idea why he reacted the way he did that first game against us at TFS.

There wasn’t even any pantomime booing before it.

Angry wee p***kIMG_1557231562.806444.jpg

1 minute ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Just out of show Murdoch (you can see his glove) is going fucking ape at the ref. 

He's retired this summer to take up refereeing ironically. 

Edited by Grant228

11 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Nice troosers though!

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Shut up!

It's even worse. Every time you get relegated you want the divisions changed.

Absolutely. Fantastic foresight shown by Doug Henderson to ask for reconstruction 3 years before we were relegated!

Agreed, McKinnon absolutely shat the bed after having us in a decent position to stay up. However he made us able to at least compete against teams. You’ve nailed it with that last sentence.