The Falkirk FC Thread

Pretty sure when the board announced the signing of RM it was mentioned his stats as a manager were the best going, which in their eyes basically makes him a safe pair of hands.

Why is there a FALKIRK FC THREAD on a championship forum when they are only a division 1 side? Get it sorted mods lol.

Mate, the only GTF day in play at the moment is the one where you f**k off from this forum. Saturday has been and gone. So should you.
w****r.....

12 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Mark Kerr, Lee Miller.

Those utterly useless carthorses thoroughly deserve to end their playing days in League 1.  That is if League 1 is not to much for them, Highland-Lowland league level might be a better standard for them.

Edited by CaspianChris

Those utterly useless carthorses thoroughly deserve to end their playing days in League 1.  That is if League 1 is not to much for them, Highland-Lowland league level might be a better standard for them.

That the same Mark Kerr that has strolled through just about every game he’s played this season.

Get over the back pass mate. Was a while ago.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That the same Mark Kerr that has strolled through just about every game he’s played this season.

Get over the back pass mate. Was a while ago.

Putting that back pass aside ,Lee Miller was a complete waste of money for return provided.  I am sure United paid around £225k to Bristol City for him that is crazy decision by the board at that time and he never justified that fee before joining Aberdeen for free.  

Granted the board should never allowed that money to be spent on one player, unless they hoped to recover some back with a future transfer fee which never happened.   

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I'm not screaming out for players of Vaulks ability, just players who have more ability than Todorov. That's just my opinion though!

Will Vaulks approached Falkirk for a chance because the club had a reputation for giving young players a chance. That hard worked for status is gone and will take years to recover.  

Putting that back pass aside ,Lee Miller was a complete waste of money for return provided.  I am sure United paid around £225k to Bristol City for him that is crazy decision by the board at that time and he never justified that fee before joining Aberdeen for free.  
Granted the board should never allowed that money to be spent on one player, unless they hoped to recover some back with a future transfer fee which never happened.   

Slate Lee Miller all you like but leave Kerzo out of it.

I’d like to see us signing Mark Kerr, Lee Miller, Kieran Duffy, Baird and McHugh. Real Falkirk men, who know what it means to play for the club.

I thought we were hoping to get out of league one next season?

Deluded here, Duffy, Baird and McHugh, real Falkirk men?

Change needed mate

It will be interesting to see how many of our current squad manage to pick up Championship gigs next season......I guess precious few. The ones we would want to keep we can’t, because they are not ours anyway.

Current owners, new owners, whatever, I still reckon McKinnon is safe for next season, but he is now in the same last chance saloon as Hartley. He will have one season to save his credibility as a manager. He better learn from a mistake he made with both us and Brechin, and that’s banging on about “unbeaten runs” when at both clubs, he instilled a belief that draws were good. For me, he can only mention unbeaten runs if it’s averaging 2 points a game. Any less, and he needs his arse kicked out the door. The last thing the support need is bullshit spin from anyone connected to FFC.

Firstly though, the ML, CC combo needs to be dismantled pdq. I really am unconvinced that they really get how deep the damage runs. We should certainly find out before May is done.

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Was kinda hoping he had a relegation clause of some sort if it went tits up. 

Only hope is if new owners come in and want their own man, McKinnon will be here otherwise

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

Miller flopped at Dundee Utd and Middlesbrough, still regarded well at the every other club, that's football

Mark Kerr has had a reasonable career and extended it by dropping down the leagues, the legends that are Prince Bauben and Gomis are done at the just over the 30 mark

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Current owners, new owners, whatever, I still reckon McKinnon is safe for next season, but he is now in the same last chance saloon as Hartley. He will have one season to save his credibility as a manager.

League one can be a walk in the park for full time teams in league 1 in recent years, its a concern if McKinnon manages to make it that and then gets a new bumper contract when he is maybe out of his depth in the championship. Id love for him obviously to get us back up and one go, I am just not convinced he will though

My point is if he is making those decisions then he's going no where. Disappointing!
His interview on Saturday was of a manager who knows he will be in charge next season. If he had any doubt about that then he wouldn't have been talking about signing the right players and starting that right away.

Quite a few people have said they hoped he had a relegation clause, however, I will guarantee he had the opposite. He probably signed the contract stating he wouldn't be blamed for relegation and he'd get the summer transfer window

The prospect of each team playing each other 4 times a season is part of the current problem no one wants it, not overly keen on the idea of the 2 arse cheeks colt teams in the league either