The Falkirk FC Thread

Dixon is speaking in terms that provide the best chance of a continued wage. The playing side of the club are best off sitting this out and letting it be between the fans and the board.

That said, he is ill advised passing any comment at all on the protests. He has perhaps intended to speak about his relationship with McKinnon and inadvertently overstepped.

Either way, best leave it to us Paul.

Sorry... Naw edit to add I just read it again. Wind your fucking neck in Paul. Well run my hole.

The thing is way i see it is we are losing money with not being in the premiership and board obviously felt that costs had to be saved from their point of view closing the Academy was the answer (the reality is to avoid putting any of their own money in to the club).  The costs saved from the academy has since been pissed up agains the wall on sacking one manager appointing another manager sacking one full team and funding another full team not to mention any compensation to Morton and a fine from the SFA.

Add a bit of spin to that with it saying we would be looking at Admin if we didn't cut the Academy as the reason.

Things have got stagnant at the club we need a fresh approach and ideas and a way forward and never have the Board and Supporters been so far apart since the Yogi era, the club has lost its identity and connection to the support and things need to change as a season in League 1 with things as they stand we could just as well be looking at league 2.

On another note, see the baldy p***k in the South Stand that held the ball back when Burgoyne was shouting for it with the score at 1 each on Saturday, is that the same attention seeking w**k that has been spoken about on here before?

Well this has aged well. Looked like there was a rather large queue of supporters outside the stadium looking for that chat with Craig and a look at his ten point plan to get us into the Premiership.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/it-s-good-to-talk-and-bairns-chief-has-it-down-to-a-tea-1-4553882

Maybe at risk of jumping on the wrong throat here... Not at all shocked that there is no end of season statement from these cowards despite all that needs addressed, but how about something other than a retweet for Zak Rudden and Harry Burgoyne?

Maybe a thanks and best of luck... Something like that. We would have been down a long time without those two, the clear outstanding performers of the season.

The biggest question here is “why do  you lot still have a thread on the championship page?”  

This page is for teams far better than you lot, so hippity hop, off you pop to the div one page where you belong. :shutup

1 minute ago, P475 said:

The biggest question here is “why do  you lot still have a thread on the championship page?”  

This page is for teams far better than you lot, so hippity hop, off you pop to the div one page where you belong. :shutup

Its not Get Tae F**k day yet, you should know your team has enough experience with that one :shutup

Its league one you fucking idiot

Forty years ago, I went to my first game: a 3-2 win over Brechin City in the old Second Division in front of nearly 2000. Next season, I'm curious to see how close to 2000 will turn up.

Closing the Academy was unforgivable, completely agree. Of course, we wouldn't be selling multiples of players each year, but putting money into that would have been a smarter idea than budgeting on a cup run (that was a genius idea, wasn't it). We need to re-open the Academy, because we'll get more out of it than signing journeymen.

Certainly what concerns me is that we're punting ourselves as the team to beat in League 1. In the interview with McKinnon, hearing each match is for our opponents a Cup Final was laughable. We've been in the Championship for 9 years and while we have a decent size support, we've hardly been putting in performances that would strike fear into the hearts of our opponents.

I would love to get enthusiastic about next season but unless there's change at the top, we'll stay put for the time being while any money that comes in from sell-on clauses is frittered away. And if that change comes (which will focus on anyone other than those who genuinely care about the club), I honestly wonder about their intentions.

13 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

1 Ross County

2 DundeeUtd

3 Inverness 

4 Ayr

5 Morton

6 Partick Thistle

7 Dunfermline

8 Alloa

9 Queen of the South

- Shaggers

10 Falkirk

- Wee guys

Are you a comedy writer on Mrs Brown's Boys ?

Having been the drunkest I have probably ever been on Saturday, I haven't really reflected on it all

Id keep Dixon for a centre half role for next season, his comments are those of a footballer who wants a new contract. We need to get in a spine of a team right, Goalkeeper, Centre Half, Centre mid and centre forward, players that will steadily give you an 8/10 performance week in week out or have the experience to do so and pass on.  The players we have under contract ain't spine material for me, in fact they scare me.

It scares me that we are gonna have our 4th new team again in the space of two seasons more so with the kind of players we will be able to attract.

Having been the drunkest I have probably ever been on Saturday, I haven't really reflected on it all
Id keep Dixon for a centre half role for next season, his comments are those of a footballer who wants a new contract. We need to get in a spine of a team right, Goalkeeper, Centre Half, Centre mid and centre forward, players that will steadily give you an 8/10 performance week in week out or have the experience to do so and pass on.  The players we have under contract ain't spine material for me, in fact they scare me.
It scares me that we are gonna have our 4th new team again in the space of two seasons more so with the kind of players we will be able to attract.

Depends almost entirely on what we are paying, which depends almost entirely on a the timely conclusion of the tea partys tenure.

Guest Ecosse83
33 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Yep Dixon at centre half and captain would be a good place to start. I'd keep McKenna to play alongside him if we could, not as good as folk have been making out but a season beside Dixon in League 1 would benefit him.

Not sure about mcshane although could see him running a midfield that didn't have Paton or Osman in it. 

Everyone else can get to f**k!

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Its not Get Tae F**k day yet, you should know your team has enough experience with that one :shutup

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Its league one you fucking idiot

Totally triggered.

Your responses are as bad as your league campaign. 

What will you get rid of to win the league next season? 8)

Who do we have on long-term contracts (as in until the end of next season)? If I remember rightly we have:

McShane

MacLean

I'd love to see Lavery get the opportunity if Everton let us have him, but as we only played him a couple of times as a sub, I think that a new loan elsewhere will be more likely. McKenna and Robson would also be a great keep but as McKinnon dragged his feet on using him, then I see Robson also leaving. Dixon is one that I cannot make my mind up on - to me it's another "former Scotland international now with Falkirk" story that somehow gets the club mouthpieces all excited, while neglecting to see that he's not the player we were hoping for.

I'd also want to see DKD onboard too, but that will cost us and I'm certain his red card tally would go into double figures when in League 1.

If only we could keep Rudden and Burgoyne for another season. Either one could be the captain as far as I'm concerned!