The Falkirk FC Thread

Relegation to the third tier is a pisser but completely deserved. I started watching Falkirk in 1986 as  a 5 year old and reckon I've got lucky in terms of success and watching  good players at the club. It remains to be seen what happens next but I'm sure the club will be fine even if it takes a while. I can understand the schadenfreude from other teams fans and I would do the same . I thought the Ross County fans were admirably restrained yesterday they should have been giving it the relegation chants from the first minute.  

On 31/08/2018 at 16:46, FalkirkLad said:

Falkirk - Shaggers
Morton - wee guys

1 Ross County

2 DundeeUtd

3 Inverness 

4 Ayr

5 Morton

6 Partick Thistle

7 Dunfermline

8 Alloa

9 Queen of the South

- Shaggers

10 Falkirk

- Wee guys

When do we get our shiny new League 1 thread? Bit bored of this one to be honest, we've needed a new one for years and I'm glad the team has given us the opportunity

18 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Wonder what the odds on us hearing from the board today are..

I might be wrong, but I doubt there will be any statements any time soon. Nothing other than "we all resign immediately" will be accepted by the support so they've nothing to gain  by making public statements.

Saturdays events may have hastened the desire of some folk to get out. It might be a catalyst for speeding up the transfer of power to a new board / set of owners, in which case I don't think we'll hear anything until that transfer is complete.

Or until the season tickets go on sale. I suspect they'll be put on hold for the time being though. 

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I might be wrong, but I doubt there will be any statements any time soon. Nothing other than "we all resign immediately" will be accepted by the support so they've nothing to gain  by making public statements.

Saturdays events may have hastened the desire of some folk to get out. It might be a catalyst for speeding up the transfer of power to a new board / set of owners, in which case I don't think we'll hear anything until that transfer is complete.

Or until the season tickets go on sale. I suspect they'll be put on hold for the time being though. 

The club need to show they are treating the situation we are in as serious as it deserves. Who is going to own the club ? rumours abound and that is not good. Management team ? Signing th best quality players for next season that are available and willing to play in the division we are in. That means no more of the last minute signing nonsense  Budget for next year ? Target and business plan for 1 , 2 , 3 years in the future.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Paul Dixon in the Herald today saying he wants to come back, then says the club is really well run and the protests were unfair on Saturday.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Dixon trying to twist the truth to hide problems is Trump like behaviour, who would have thought he was capable of that. 

Not for the them tho, cooncil owned, which is a right good laugh. No income apart from tckt cash. Superb[emoji122]
Except the pitch is ours. Apart from that though your post does raise some solid points. Keep it up.

52 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The fact they’ve not made a single statement yet is a complete and utter disgrace.

30 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Paul Dixon in the Herald today saying he wants to come back, then says the club is really well run and the protests were unfair on Saturday.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I think that is harsh to be honest. If McKinnon is the reason he is enjoying his football and all the people above helped facilitate that, there is no reason for him to be negative towards the board.

The main criticism towards the board is closing the academy (pretty much unforgivable at this point in its own right) and allowing Hartley too much freedom. Clubs that go the other route are often criticised for not putting "football people" in the relevant positions. Feel like thats a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation and the feedback solely depends on the results you get, which in terms of the day-to-day football activities are outwith the boards control. Ultimately the responibility lies with them, I get that, but I don't think you can blame Dixon for not shoving the blame onto them.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I think that is harsh to be honest. If McKinnon is the reason he is enjoying his football and all the people above helped facilitate that, there is no reason for him to be negative towards the board.

The main criticism towards the board is closing the academy (pretty much unforgivable at this point in its own right) and allowing Hartley too much freedom. Clubs that go the other route are often criticised for not putting "football people" in the relevant positions. Feel like thats a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation and the feedback solely depends on the results you get, which in terms of the day-to-day football activities are outwith the boards control. Ultimately the responibility lies with them, I get that, but I don't think you can blame Dixon for not shoving the blame onto them.

He doesn’t need to comment on it tho. To say our reaction was “harsh” was just stupidity. Just been relegated to the seasides ffs.

Edited by JinkyBairn