The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Afraid of catching something in your desert tundra of a stadium, sure.

If you want, boys, I can go all Boredom Guy and start trying to drag up articles to prove my point and you'll deny them and we'll go round in circles. I even started having a look into the Dennon Lewis stuff before realising how sad it was on my part. I'll leave the decision in your capable (if slightly webbed) Grangemouth hands.

My point, as I thought was made clear, was that Bairnardo's half-hearted attempt to imply that I base my dislike of supports on what their PnB lot are like is rubbish. If that was the case, Dundee would be top of my list. So I gave a couple of examples of why I dislike Falkirk for things that took place away from the hallowed turf of Pie and Bovril.

This, in hindsight, was a mistake, as it caused a lot of thrashing about and shouts of 'prove it! Prove our fans were racist!", which of course is a really good look for you both.

In closing, what I think you both need is a nice, relaxing year's coastal break. Maybe get a bit of that fresh, sea air and soak up that Stranraer sun while you're at it.

Terrific. A near Michael Foote grade admission  of “I wrote a load of guff”.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Certainly a rumour of racial abuse, subsequently investigated and no case to answer found by the Police is grounds to hate an entire fan base.

You must really hate your own fans, given that you are a lighthouse of morality in a sea of utter scumbags who constantly have to be called out by Dempster and co.

Thoughts on the Hibs fanbase then?

Again, you're trying to pretend that I said "I hate Falkirk Football Club exclusively based on these two examples, and I hate each and every single Falkirk fan because of it."

What happened was, you pretended my dislike of Falkirk was based on PnB (presumably trying to paint me out as someone who rages about the existence of other posters on a football forum), and I responded in turn by saying "no, that's not the case, here are two examples of the top of my head that have left me with a negative impression of Falkirk's fans."

It is not normal behaviour to sit at a computer and write out all the reasons why you dislike a football club or its fans, so I'm not going to do that. Disliking something can be rational or irrational, and it seems that Falkirk have rubbed up a lot of other fans the wrong way over the years for whatever reason.

Hence the schadenfreude at your sinking without a trace into the third tier of Scottish football from many on here.

Good idea from the Falkirk fans to use the “everyone hates us” spin. You’ll need that siege mentality when you’re getting seen off at home to Peterhead in November.

Of course, every decent sized club has and would get the same amount of stick in similar circumstances but if it helps you all stay united and focussed then fair play.

Not impressed with all these Hibs and Morton supporters though; you’ve already got your own rivals leave ours alone.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Not impressed with all these Hibs and Morton supporters though; you’ve already got your own rivals leave ours alone.

We take your greatest ever manager just for fun and we'll take your rivals too if we so fancy.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Yeah, without meaning to feed the Bairns' ego on this one, I do genuinely dislike them more than any of the other diddy clubs out there.

1) Hearts
2) Rangers
3) Celtic
4) Aberdeen
5) Falkirk

Seriously can I ask you what you base your running order on?

after yesterday's inevitable conclusion and 24 hours to get my head round 3rd tier football, my mind is already now turning to the future.

I hope any long term strategy involves buying the stadium from the council (even if it takes 20-30 years) and we get some kind of academy or youth set up going again. these two things are the most important imho. a successful club on the park and better connection with the fans who believe in what they are investing in will come as a result of this.

3 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:

Seriously can I ask you what you base your running order on?

Probably “local rivals, sectarian c***s, sectarian c***s, sheep shaggers, deluded arseholes” I’d have thought. 

Wouldn’t want to speak for the lad though 

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Probably “local rivals, sectarian c***s, sectarian c***s, sheep shaggers, deluded arseholes” I’d have thought. 

Wouldn’t want to speak for the lad though 

Oh my aching ribs

appreciate a lot of this will change now we are dropping (noticed somewhere today saying tidser not definite now) a league given budgets and players not wanting to come or stay. if I could keep any of the existing squad is keep the following

burgoyne
Dixon
Robson
McKenna
Rudden

the rest I'm not fussed about. it's hard to know if they'd do a better job in a lower league

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

For the best part of 2 years, Falkirk were desperate to manufacture a rivalry with Hibs.

Funny how that worked out.

No, we just enjoyed beating you and laughing about it. No rivalry necessary. 

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

appreciate a lot of this will change now we are dropping (noticed somewhere today saying tidser not definite now) a league given budgets and players not wanting to come or stay. if I could keep any of the existing squad is keep the following

burgoyne
Dixon
Robson
McKenna
Rudden

the rest I'm not fussed about. it's hard to know if they'd do a better job in a lower league

Got to be realistic regarding the players you mentioned. Most will want to play at a higher level and will go if they get an offer. Can't blame them  can you ?  So to be realistic who do we have that could be the core of a new side who would want to stay.  Mutch, McGee, Dixon, Robson look like certs if offered a contract. The rest I suspect will be dumped or released from contract. Looking at signing 15 players to give us a squad to fight our way out of a division where Falkirk will be their cup final and a scalp every club will want next season. 

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Got to be realistic regarding the players you mentioned. Most will want to play at a higher level and will go if they get an offer. Can't blame them  can you ?  So to be realistic who do we have that could be the core of a new side who would want to stay.  Mutch, McGee, Dixon, Robson look like certs if offered a contract. The rest I suspect will be dumped or released from contract. Looking at signing 15 players to give us a squad to fight our way out of a division where Falkirk will be their cup final and a scalp every club will want next season. 

:lol:

For the best part of 2 years, Falkirk were desperate to manufacture a rivalry with Hibs.
Funny how that worked out.
Not to try and reignite it again, but between this thread and multiple others over last weekend and this, its pretty evident that the desperation isnt one sided. That much isnt debatable.

Guest Ecosse83

Posting on the Falkirk thread when your team is currently playing. How sad!

Anyway when can we expect a statement from the club? 

29 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

burgoyne
Dixon
Robson
McKenna
Rudden

Do keep Edjenguele please, I am confident he can cope with League 1.