The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

You would think there would be a relegation clause in his contract. I don't think there will be as much change as people want though, I am not confident he could bring us back up but  I wouldn't think replacing all of the backroom staff, senior staff and players would do that either.

Let's just spoof the lot and sign our 4th squad in two years. We may have to as these c***s will get roasted if they pull on a blue shirt again

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I was led to believe Falkirk have a massive support.

Relegation to the seaside leagues is surely some mistake then?

Maybe they could ask Rangers for some tips?

On 31/08/2018 at 16:11, Bairnardo said:

This place is undeniably at it's best in times like these, however, being on here "as it happened" when we get to respond to Morton fans goading us about ending up with Duffy, by unexpectedly taking their current manager off them is indeed peak P&B. 

Once again, the club have bantered it clean out the park.

Bantered it clean out the park

Hands up if you were one of the Falkirk fans who chased after a director’s car and started kicking it?

Only slightly more insane than McKinnon still targeting the top flight. The guy was in charge for 95% of the season and is trying to act as if it would have been a miracle to keep them up.

Dinnae worry we aw see through Ray’s deflection tactics. Get him in the sea.

Hands up if you were one of the Falkirk fans who chased after a director’s car and started kicking it?

Only slightly more insane than McKinnon still targeting the top flight. The guy was in charge for 95% of the season and is trying to act as if it would have been a miracle to keep them up.

I think he might have kept us up if he hadn’t inherited Hartley’s shite.
That said he was still a massive failure and should go....

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He had his chance. He’s had chances all season to pull away and failed every time. He has no excuses. I think Jim McIntyre was more honest in his assessment. Ray is still trying to say these players gave it there all why can’t he admit recruitment wasn’t good enough?

We are where we are because over the season the whole club from top to bottom have not been good enough. The club got relegated because we deserved to. That is it folks,we have to get used to it, so the blame game gets us nowhere.  To stand a chance next season we need what restructuring that has to done in the next couple of weeks. The longer it takes the lower the choice there will be in the players available, and that in the end is what matters.

Club ownership, Business plan, Management team, Funding, Squad recruitment. The future of Falkirk Football and Athletic Club depends on this being done right and fast.

26 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

I am not convinced he will be sacked considering what we paid to get him.  I think he will be given a go next year to see what he can do.  

Agreed - Falkirk must have spent well over £200k to get McKinnon (£60k fine, £100k+ to Morton, plus his and his staffs wages). So unless there is a get out clause due to relegation, then it's Ray in the dugout next season - enjoy!

2 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

He had his chance. He’s had chances all season to pull away and failed every time. He has no excuses. I think Jim McIntyre was more honest in his assessment. Ray is still trying to say these players gave it there all why can’t he admit recruitment wasn’t good enough?

I would only keep Dixon, McGhee and possibly McShane. The Edge May be ok for League 1.

Would love to keep Harry, Rudden and Lavery after today but can’t see it.

I would like to see us go straight back up but it’s going to be very tough especially if McKinnon is still in charge.

I also hope the club drastically lower their prices next season too.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Can someone summarize any protest post match and detail any exciting happenings?

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Can someone summarize any protest post match and detail any exciting happenings?

They moved outside the stadium shouted a bit. Someone's car got booted, someones range rover got their tyres slashed. For some fucking strange reason a lot of supporters clapped and wanted photos, even signatures on their top from some of the shitest falkirk players I've had the miss fortune of ever seeing. 

I don't condone the vandalism. But it was the most exciting thing I've seen at the stadium this season.