The Falkirk FC Thread

Some posters on here write some amount of rubbish. Does anyone on here seriously think that any of the members of the Board or MSG want the club relegated? Anyone that does needs to have a look at themselves. They are all hurting and would be the first to accept there have been some bad decisions. Anyone thinking of demonstrating tomorrow need to be reminded that these people have families and are often in the stand. I’m as disappointed as any supporter but it’s happened and we need to more forward and get straight back up. Unless there’s some kind of miracle #COYB

Some posters on here write some amount of rubbish. Does anyone on here seriously think that any of the members of the Board or MSG want the club relegated? Anyone that does needs to have a look at themselves. They are all hurting and would be the first to accept there have been some bad decisions. Anyone thinking of demonstrating tomorrow need to be reminded that these people have families and are often in the stand. I’m as disappointed as any supporter but it’s happened and we need to more forward and get straight back up. Unless there’s some kind of miracle #COYB
What?

Accept it and move on?

How have they demonstrsted that they are the first to accept there have been bad decisions?

1 minute ago, brokeville said:

It's happening whether you like it or not Craig

In other words, let’s reward failure?
You are joking, aren’t you?

6 minutes ago, brokeville said:

liked by Edi...i mean Londonbairn

Some of the  mouthbreathers on the COYB page getting worked up about tomorrow saying its going to be nervewracking and to 'expect the unexpected'.

More nervous about what I'm going to have for dinner ffs. We have been utter dung for months and barring a minor miracle tomorrow we are already down in my eyes. Get this season in the bin.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Some of the  mouthbreathers on the COYB page getting worked up about tomorrow saying its going to be nervewracking and to 'expect the unexpected'.

More nervous about what I'm going to have for dinner ffs. We have been utter dung for months and barring a minor miracle tomorrow we are already down in my eyes. Get this season in the bin.

The only unexpected thing tomorrow would be if we lost by less than 2 goals.

I would be interested in how free tickets are dealt with by the club. For example, the Launderers give us no free tickets whatsoever, yet still asked us for three dozen for every time we played then at TFS, and they were given them each and every time (as I recall).

Stuff like that might appear to be small beer, but it’s indicitive of an attitude towards the paying customers, and who and what is considered important at that point in time.

We aren’t at a Citizen Smith moment with everyone shot at dawn, but we are at a moment where those who not only care, but those who pay and care need to have some sort of upper hand in this caper.

BPMs inside info on the Escrow proposal needs some coverage here or elsewhere too.

8 minutes ago, brokeville said:

i don't think anyone is questing anyone's loyalty, obv the board/MSG dont want us to get relegated, do you actually believe that what people think?

but when you are in charge/run an organization, any organization and things go horribly wrong (even if you dont think its your fault) you do the honourable thing and fall on your sword,

If there wasn't demos or fan anger the same people would just carry on making the same mistakes. it's our money that keeps the club going, it's about time we just take the place over.

Anyone thinking of demonstrating tomorrow need to be reminded that these people have families and are often in the stand. I’m as disappointed as any supporter but it’s happened and we need to more forward and get straight back up.

Exactly the sort of soft and apathetic attitude that has gotten us into this f*cking sorry state.

It's possible there are. I don't know. 

The point is that you evidently don't either. You're happy to make scattergun allegations about gravy trains, hospitality hounds and hangers-on, yet when pressed to substantiate them all you seems to be able to offer is a version or "well it might be happening, even though I don't know who, what, when or how. But I heard it from a bloke in the pub so it must be true".

The reason I'm posting about this has nothing to do with the board or MSG, incidentally.

I have a number of friends, both paid staff and volunteers, who work on the top floor on a matchday.  I don't think it's fair to make insinuations which could be seen as targeting them. 

I think it is fair to say that with any group people they will have different motivations to volunteer at anything. Some do it for the love and wholly the right reasons, some for the kudos and perks it brings. Falkirk FC is no different

McKinnon is a symptom, not the problem. 

I think McKinnon’s set-up of the team and playing style are more than just a symptom of where we are.
He’s only a cog in the wheel of our real issues just now, but still one that I’d happy remove tbh...

I would be interested in how free tickets are dealt with by the club. For example, the Launderers give us no free tickets whatsoever, yet still asked us for three dozen for every time we played then at TFS, and they were given them each and every time (as I recall).
Stuff like that might appear to be small beer, but it’s indicitive of an attitude towards the paying customers, and who and what is considered important at that point in time.
We aren’t at a Citizen Smith moment with everyone shot at dawn, but we are at a moment where those who not only care, but those who pay and care need to have some sort of upper hand in this caper.
BPMs inside info on the Escrow proposal needs some coverage here or elsewhere too.

IMG_4131.jpg

Anyone thinking of demonstrating tomorow are wasting their time... Not buying season tickets will be the biggest protest. This will force the current board out.

Sad day for Scottish football to see the Bairns relegated to division one but at FFC we need to accept and get on with it. We cannot expect anything else other from this clusterfuck of a season. Let's not hide or kid ourselves, we are where we are and deservedly so. We have no choice other than to accept it and move on.

We have a close season to find a way to build a new vision to get us back up to the championship, steady the ship and beyond..

IMO McKinnon cannot escape this mess either, he had shit the bed too much for me and we need to make this change sooner rather than later, for us to have our own destiny in our own hands and then blow it, he is culpable for me, no excuses.

All the best to Alloa Athletic and Jim Goodwin, you deserve to stay up, if we had the ambition, fight and belief we'd have been safe over a month ago. The bottom line for me is when struggling teams need to win, they simply win. Aside from Dunfermline away we have shown little appetite for the fight as went out with a whimper

Bucket and spades at the ready I'm afraid.

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think McKinnon’s set-up of the team and playing style are more than just a symptom of where we are.
He’s only a cog in the wheel of our real issues just now, but still one that I’d happy remove tbh...

I wonder if we have a 40k release clause again in his contract !!!

Our most expensive manager ever on a 20 month or so contract......thankfully

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

He got St Johnstone promoted twice out of the old 2nd division then got bulleted after having the nerve to ask Brown for some transfer money. 

The nerve to ask for some money! He spent over £1.5 million in transfer fees in his five years at the club and recouped virtually nothing.

The nerve to ask for some money! He spent over £1.5 million in transfer fees in his five years at the club and recouped virtually nothing.

So he took you up two divisions and 2 Scottish Cup semi finals but you never recouped anything?…