The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I am talking about them all!! One example I have heard is Alex Totten getting paid circa 30-40k for turning up once or twice a season. Things like this need to stop sentiment needs thrown out the window. 

I would say this is shite, think Totten get expenses and a car to run about in, hes also there at least a couple of days a week

Whoever you’ve heard it from is talking shite. He’s there at least 4 times a week.

And a Saturday.

Not sure any stick should be flying Alex Totten’s way

So that makes it right? 
Alex is an employee and is one of three commercial staff at the club.  Taking holidays into account, I'd guess he's either at his desk or on the road selling advertising for around 200-250 days in every year. 
If you genuinely think that equates to "turning up once or twice a season" then you're sadly misinformed.  

Agree 100%.

You guys saved cash on scrapping the youth academy but it now seems a bit penny wise pound foolish and very myopic thinking.
I remember when we first came up and played you. I thought your team had real quality and depth under Houston. Maybe the playoff games had the reaction that it just wasn’t meant to be and people had to move on? I think the premiership playoff system is a joke and you should get promoted as runners up. It’s rewarding failure and doing Scottish football no favours by keeping clubs in the lower leagues who bring more to the table than half the top league. Going off on a tangent there but from the outside looking in the managerial appointments all looked good on paper but the scouting and signings seemed odd from Hartley and you’ve been playing catch-up ever since. At least your board backed the managers, hopefully within a budget.

That’s exactly it, we had depth under Houston he built that up. They always say in football you get what you deserve like us this season however that year we were runners up to Rangers we 100% deserved to go up.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

So that makes it right? 

Alex is an employee and is one of three commercial staff at the club.  Taking holidays into account, I'd guess he's either at his desk or on the road selling advertising for around 200-250 days in every year. 

If you genuinely think that equates to "turning up once or twice a season" then you're sadly misinformed.  

I may well be miss-informed however my general point still stands we need to cut loose the hangers on.  

I may well be miss-informed however my general point still stands we need to cut loose the hangers on.  

I think one of our key issues at the moment is a loss of identity. This will lead to fans becoming less and less committed and eventually stop turning up.

If you think Alex Totten is a good example of a hanger you on, you’re probably on your own.

We need to hold onto the last few remaining good things we still have around our club.

The board and mismanagement have already weakened the clubs standing in the community with reactionary strategies....

18 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Fair enough. I get your point. If you're referring to those in the boardroom who turn up on a Saturday and have access to free food and drink then I understand it.

However, we've already discussed that. So who are these hospitality hounds & hangers on?

I ask because I genuinely don't think we have any.

From my experience people are either working (paid or unpaid),  

or get free hospitality because they've given a service to the club which has a value greater than what they would pay for hospitality. (ie a tradesman who does £500 of work for free and gets a £40 hospitality meal as a thankyou).

So who are the folk on the gravy train you want rid of?