The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’m putting together a comprehensive “Guide to the Seaside Leagues” for you lot, so please don’t ruin my good work by scrambling to safety.

Does it include finishing 7th behind the mighty Brechin, Forfar, Peterhead and Stranraer ?

Our downward spiral might require this info

That season must scar many pars for a lifetime

48 minutes ago, JB22 said:

Anyone know how much of the stadium the club actually owns?

I think we own the North and South Stand completely South Stand is owned by Sandy Alexander which we rent from him

For the Main Stand we own the seats and the lower bottom corridors and offices (when you go through the double doors at reception)

Council are taking a cut of the Main Stand bar and hospitality every game, it probably looked like they were giving us a helping hand in the transition from Brockville, but they've played a blinder in pumping us raw for the past 15 years

Edited by superandy_07

I think we own the North and South Stand completely
For the Main Stand we own the seats and the lower bottom corridors and offices (when you go through the double doors at reception)
Council are taking a cut of the Main Stand bar and hospitality every game, it probably looked like they were giving us a helping hand in the transition from Brockville, but they've played a blinder in pumping us raw for the past 15 years

This.

I believe we have recently (well this season) also taken ownership of the Boardroom & Alex Parker lounge on the top floor.

But the stadium company (council) still own/manage the 4 private boxes, The Brockville Lounge & The Westfield Cafe. Sooner we get these back the better.

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

What time after full time on Saturday is the poetry reading protest portion of events?

Falkirk fans have the board they deserve. Screenshot_20190502-123111_Twitter.jpg

"You've took" deserves relegation, frankly.  The Dumbarton poet is actually quite good. The Barnsley guy as well.  All other football poets can, to steal a poetical phrase, get in the sea.

4 hours ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Quite funny to see the Falkirk fans passing judgement on other fanbases given that they themselves are some of the worst human being to have ever disgraced this once proud website. 

Club full of mingers. Hope they go to the wall. 

I completely agree, you are a fud!

1 hour ago, superandy_07 said:

I think we own the North and South Stand completely South Stand is owned by Sandy Alexander which we rent from him

If the money was available, would it be straightforward to buy out the council or would they not want to lose an easy income?

If the money was available, would it be straightforward to buy out the council or would they not want to lose an easy income?

I think the council would grab your hand off for the cash, problem is the silly money that they would demand.
Where do you think the millions required could be raised from?

6 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

I'm sure discussion were taking place early on in the season about what the councils exact price would be, but after everything including us being on the brink of relegation — I would assume that has now been punted into the long grass

Edited by superandy_07

9 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I think the council would grab your hand off for the cash, problem is the silly money that they would demand.
Where do you think the millions required could be raised from?

Lala  land stuff. The council has borrowings of over £6m in respect of the stadium. South stand is listed in that co’s accounts at over £3m. 

If you had real grass you could have let a white elephant graze on it.

Lala  land stuff. The council has borrowings of over £6m in respect of the stadium. South stand is listed in that co’s accounts at over £3m. 
Class that the more obsessive digging and posting you do on the subject of Falkirk, the more of a fucking melt you get.

Quite a feat really.

19 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

You are a total fanny. South Stand is owned by a private individual.

eta: private individual being SA who actually owns through Earls Gate Property - in case anyone wants to get pedantic.

further, the council only own the inside of the main stand and non of the north stand iirc.

Edited by BountyBairn

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Looking at the state of Cappielow it’s obvious that elephants trample the ground daily....

I think that's unfair. Their pitch is one of the few things that Cappielow has going for it.

I hear all the calls for the current board of management to be replaced.  I'm sure there are some people out there who know who the replacements are.  It's all fair and we'll removing an underperforming board, but you cannot do that without leaving an abyss at the top.

We need a footballing head in there.  Someone qualified to judge the merits of any managerial appointments. A director of football if you will.

Other than that, what qualifications, and experience, should a potential board member possess?

Any names in the frame?