The Falkirk FC Thread

I’m putting together a comprehensive “Guide to the Seaside Leagues” for you lot, so please don’t ruin my good work by scrambling to safety.
I heard you printed off some a few weeks ago for ourselves just in case?

4 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Quite funny to see the Falkirk fans passing judgement on other fanbases given that they themselves are some of the worst human being to have ever disgraced this once proud website. 

Club full of mingers. Hope they go to the wall. 

You're a fvcking creep. Coming at Bairns with a Handle like that. God help u.

Quite funny to see the Falkirk fans passing judgement on other fanbases given that they themselves are some of the worst human being to have ever disgraced this once proud website. 

Club full of mingers. Hope they go to the wall. 

Guess what category we’re going to place you in.......

12 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It can only have the latter IMO. Anyone coming in now who sidelines the fans has no chance.

Fans always get their way at football clubs. The sooner our board wake up and realise that the better. The longer it goes on the worse it will get.

I guarantee you one thing. This lot step aside, donate their shares, not reduce their %, and allow the fans to elect properly the right people to run the club and we would sell record ST’s for any provisional club in that league and more investment would fly in at a drop of a hat.

They hang about now and we are fucked or it will cost Alexander and Ritchie a right few quid

Was always against leaving Brockville and not having full ownership of the new stadium.  Falkirk survived in the past because we had the value of the stadium as collateral and it saw us through some hard times.  It has got to be fan ownership with a long term plan to buy the stadium outright.

2 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

Campbell, lang, Andy Thomson, Lex Miller, Martin Ritchie (although hes gone or going) and KK, think that them all

All of these people should be gone then as all have to be accountable for our current situation!!! Few of the names here are getting off scott free. 

18 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

These guys will not be sure if that's a bluff, or a double bluff coming from a Pars man. I say don't buy season tickets, shirts and don't protest either. Then once the current board are on their knees, make your offer to buy. Oh sorry, just been watching Suits.

Get your banners out, have a protest outside the ground. Be peacefully hostile. Call yourselves Seaside Rebellion.

Can't blame you for becoming engrossed to be fair, class show.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’m putting together a comprehensive “Guide to the Seaside Leagues” for you lot, so please don’t ruin my good work by scrambling to safety.

You must still have your own one from when the Pars went in to Administration and dropped down the league? just use that and maybe tart it up a little thanks. 

The way I see it you can split to board into 3 parts.

KK: As far as I can tell he’s doing an excellent job on the commercial side of things, don’t really know if he needs to be on the board to do his job though but I’m happy for him to stay.

Lang/Campbell: Do most of the work and therefore are responsible for the f**k ups over the last 2 years. Academy announcement, Badge trademark/fan row, Lewis statement, McKinnon carry on. Too many issues stem from them, you can’t alienate the fans and they need to go but I can see the good in them.

Thomson/Miller/Ritchie: These are the people that need to go the most and I reckon cause more damage than Lang or Campbell. Sit on the board and add nothing, no ideas or solutions they are just happy having a day out on a Saturday. Every single member of the board has to pull there weight and I bet if these 3 had been interested in the running of the club we would not be in the position we are.

35 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Thomson/Miller/Ritchie: These are the people that need to go the most and I reckon cause more damage than Lang or Campbell. Sit on the board and add nothing, no ideas or solutions they are just happy having a day out on a Saturday. Every single member of the board has to pull there weight and I bet if these 3 had been interested in the running of the club we would not be in the position we are.

100%... getting rid of ML and CC isn't really solving the problem, the full board need a revamp, sme young blood with fresh ideas...hopefully this comes in the form of the BtB guys.

Structure of the club as a business is the thing that’s flawed. The owners are the root cause of the issue as they are the ones who’ve appointed successive variations of poor boards. 

Ownership changes needed before even a new board could turn this around. 

Who or what is MGS folk keep mentioning?

These are a group of individuals who own 62% of the clubs shares. The biggest is the ex-owner of Schuh.

The way I see it you can split to board into 3 parts.

KK: As far as I can tell he’s doing an excellent job on the commercial side of things, don’t really know if he needs to be on the board to do his job though but I’m happy for him to stay.

Lang/Campbell: Do most of the work and therefore are responsible for the f**k ups over the last 2 years. Academy announcement, Badge trademark/fan row, Lewis statement, McKinnon carry on. Too many issues stem from them, you can’t alienate the fans and they need to go but I can see the good in them.

Andy Thomson does the finance and runs the event company

Without know great details about the inner workings and finances of the club, the stadium ownership situation is the one thing that stares you in the face as being a big obstacle to progressing the club.

The costs of renting parts of it, coupled with the inability to earn from the stadium on a match-day and beyond means we’re starting off behind clubs of similar size.

Seems to me that until that situation is rectified we won’t progress, regardless of ownership or board.

That all said, the decisions taken by the board and CEO over the last two seasons are the biggest reason we have fallen to where we are, which I’m sure will ultimately end in relegation on Saturday. They absolutely should fall on their swords.

Edited by Hughsie