The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Gaz said:

My take on the Academy closing hasn't changed, in that the majority of people complaining about its closure are parents who can't tell their mates their laddie plays for Falkirk any more.

How the hell do you know this......well let me answer my own question.......you don't, unless you surveyed every single person complaining & calculated the majority.

I will start you off , I've complained since day one and I have no kids that were at the academy. Now go and speak to the rest.   

"My take" - You don't even say if it's a good thing or a bad thing

Rubbish fake news post.   

I’d go further and suggest that most  of the kids in our academy system weren’t even from Falkirk. Sibbs the obvious exception....so it doesn’t really hold that Falkirk fans kids would be there.

Maybe you’re confusing the academy and the foundation Gaz. And that’s giving you benefit of doubt. 

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

100% correct bud so . tell me something if Lang and Campbell go who steer's the ship

a 7 year old could do a better job so an adequate replacement is a non issue here.

Seriously to have achieved worse outcomes than George Craig and Martin Ritchie. Let that sink in...that’s how bad these two are. Incompetent doesn’t cover it, whether they were well intentioned or not. 

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
14 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I’d agree that’s really where things took a nose dive. Not convinced it was the closure of the academy itself that done it but more the way in which it was done.

The way in which it happened can probably be viewed as a reasonably early symptom of the actual disease (idiots with slideshows running the club)

"Regarding the delivery of the news I can only apologise to everyone for the timing, method and careless nature of it. I was completely unaware of the decision and was as shocked as anyone when the news broke on social media on Tuesday 19th December. It lacked compassion, understanding and professionalism. To find out on social media that something you and many others had devoted so much time towards, something you were so passionate about and something that people really cared about was closing was very hard to accept and believe. For young players who devoted enormous amounts of time to achieving their dream to find out in that manner just before Christmas, I simply cannot comprehend why it was done this way. The decision however was made and the focus for myself and all staff and coaches within the Academy was then to find players new clubs to allow them to continue their football journey. I am pleased to say many of our players have now started trials at clubs across the country, some have received several offers such is their talent".

Jamie Swinney , Forth Valley Football Academy

This has Craig Campbell's grubby paws all over it and is very similar to his handling of the club crest fiasco,  Racistgate , tapping up McKinnon & friends - in fact everything he touches.  A complete lack of compassion & professionalism as stated above plus I would add total arrogance , and we pay him a fortune to act this way draggin the name of Falkirk FC  down a every turn.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That for me is the absolute core issue for our future.

Change is inevitable. No leadership of any company can survive the hostility from their customers that we're seeing at present.

The problem for me is what the motives of their replacements will be. Decades ago, a not-very-successful board of local businessmen were forced out. They were replaced by a family called the Deans. George, Paul and Hamish. I am sure some of the older posters on here will remember them. Let's just say there were issues.

Then they were replaced by George Fulston. Who had even more issues. He took us into provisional liquidation and was ultimately replaced by some of the people who still control the club today.

The memories of those two owners still send a shudder down my spine. We cannot afford to have people like them in charge of our club again.

Whatever happens, the next set of custodians have to be either local & with an emotional attachment to FFC, or willing to allow the fans an extremely large say in the running of it. 

The freebies, hospitality hounds and gravy train needs to stop as well IMO. Too many hangers on making money from the club for turning up once or twice a year. Sentiment needs to be thrown out the window and a sustainable business plan implemented. 

5 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Can someone confrim who makes up the Board? Seems to be Lang and Campbell that RIGHTLY get the majority of flack however surly the entire Board should be held to account? 

Campbell, lang, Andy Thomson, Lex Miller, Martin Ritchie (although hes gone or going) and KK, think that them all

10 minutes ago, sick boy said:

sack board, keep mckinnon

Although it won't be the most popular opinion on here, i would tend to agree with this,

Up until 6-8 week ago most people we pretty happy with Mckinnon, i would rather have him in charge in league 1 than an untried rookie manager.

The recent games have obv gave me cause for concern but continious sacking and hiring of managers isn't a great strategy either

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Who or what is MGS folk keep mentioning?

MSG, the Major Shareholders Group, 

Consist of various board members who have a decent amount of shares along with a couple others who aren't on the board inc our biggest shareholder Sandy Alexander.

The group own 62% of the club........... i think.

3 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Although it won't be the most popular opinion on here, i would tend to agree with this,

Up until 6-8 week ago most people we pretty happy with Mckinnon, i would rather have him in charge in league 1 than an untried rookie manager.

The recent games have obv gave me cause for concern but continious sacking and hiring of managers isn't a great strategy either

Nah, no danger.

He is sucking the life out of us.

His claim about taking being in this position back in August is a sackable offence in itself.

If that's all he thought was possible, why did he take the job? Other than being a money-grabbing snake. Get him to fvck.

Would rather we looked at someone like John Kennedy from Celtic who may want to be a #1 soon that could follow in the trend of Jack Ross, Goodwin, Nielson etc.

4 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

MSG, the Major Shareholders Group, 

Consist of various board members who have a decent amount of shares along with a couple others who aren't on the board inc our biggest shareholder Sandy Alexander.

The group own 62% of the club........... i think.

4 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

MSG - Major Shareholder Group? I assume anyway!

Image result for vince mcmahon gif

1 minute ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Nah, no danger.

He is sucking the life out of us.

His claim about taking being in this position back in August is a sackable offence in itself.

If that's all he thought was possible, why did he take the job? Other than being a money-grabbing snake. Get him to fvck.

Would rather we looked at someone like John Kennedy from Celtic who may want to be a #1 soon that could follow in the trend of Jack Ross, Goodwin, Nielson etc.

:wub:

Dinnae mind Scosha, tbf. One of the better Ton posters.
Scosha, GiGi, Dunning and AsimButtHitsaSix deserve better than the cesspit they have to post in, in order to talk about their club.

Two or three others have their moments of clarity.

But the bad Morton posters do seem to bw some of the worse society has to offer.

^^^^ IMO