The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Nah sorry, but that's a load of shite.

You can't make statements like that without backing it up with solid evidence. Where does a club with reduced income fund the money to fulfil their liabilities? What players remain are under contract so ending those deals mean the contract must be paid up. By mutual agreement. A club needs 11 players to fulfil its fixtures but could do without the person who helps out in the office.

So, why am I talking shite?

Just seen some balloon on that Facebook page suggesting that we boycott purchasing season tickets if the current board members are still in place at the start of next season no matter the division. What's everyone's thoughts on that?

What I saw was a poll as to the idea of a boycott.

Over 60% of the poll of about 500 voted for it. That would be about 300k.

I like the idea that has been floated for an Escrow run by the BTB guys to try and force change.

Anyone who is merely concerned about next seasons budget and can’t see the long term issues needs their heads checking IMO.

I get where you are coming from, I work until 2pm on a Saturday so that's why it's home games only. I would pick and choose my games if the current regime is still in place. If they go I will renew.

Get another job [emoji23]

While it's admirable not renewing season tickets until regime change occurs, it's worth bearing in mind that you will be starving the club the funds that are needed to pay the hard working backroom staff. Season ticket money doesn't just fund players but also the admin staff. Bet your bottom dollar that they are the first to go should cuts be needed. 
Surely if change is wanted, it shouldn't be at the expense of people's jobs.

That’s fine but it is no different when a shop has shite merchandise and people stop going. The business owner does something about it to ensure he keeps his customers. Redundancies won’t be the fault of fans but shite decision making for the last 3+ years

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

While it's admirable not renewing season tickets until regime change occurs, it's worth bearing in mind that you will be starving the club the funds that are needed to pay the hard working backroom staff. Season ticket money doesn't just fund players but also the admin staff. Bet your bottom dollar that they are the first to go should cuts be needed. 

Surely if change is wanted, it shouldn't be at the expense of people's jobs.

Nah sorry, that would all be on those running the club.

Is the shite on the park the fans fault as well?

So your unhappy with your season and I 100% agree not good enough . on and off the park . The Chairperson and Others at board level are only doing the donkey work for your shareholders . simple its cost people over 500k over budget this season to run the club . if you go down it going to be a disaster for the club . the board have to stand up and be counted but vent you anger at the correct people not the wrong ones . 17 players out 15 players in manager and his backroom sacked the Morton farce with fines etc SFA fine also total shambles . if you survive that would be a miricle with all that's gone all season .

So your unhappy with your season and I 100% agree not good enough . on and off the park . The Chairperson and Others at board level are only doing the donkey work for your shareholders . simple its cost people over 500k over budget this season to run the club . if you go down it going to be a disaster for the club . the board have to stand up and be counted but vent you anger at the correct people not the wrong ones . 17 players out 15 players in manager and his backroom sacked the Morton farce with fines etc SFA fine also total shambles . if you survive that would be a miricle with all that's gone all season .

Any chance of writing this in English ?

It’s the MSG and the BoD who have moulded FFC into the modern idiom of a business even though supporters have never seen it that way. 

Thing is, like any business, they now stand or fall by the terms of business. The ONLY difference is that any small engineering business tends not to have a few thousand well wishers in the back ground who will step up to the plate collectively IF the existence of the club is in peril, or in exchange for real, deep rooted change.

There has been two major declarations of FFC being an engaging, open and transparent club. On both occasions, both declarations have been patronising lies.

I would say most have had their fill, and just like all those crocodile tears from Launders fans in the past, for now, I really don’t give a toss which league we end up in provided those with the shares but no appetite, and those with the badges of office but no relevant skill sets are gone for good. Sadly, that is now more pressing than the outcome of the game against Roy’s Cash or the Alloa game at Ayr.

FFC have fulfilled their business contracts to ST holders and PATG supporters. They will have provided us with 18 games, a seat, and the use of the amenities.

If they they think they can hunker down, duty done and ride out the storm, I hope they find that to be an impossible task.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

9 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Margaret - put down the gin bottle

You can't make statements like that without backing it up with solid evidence. Where does a club with reduced income fund the money to fulfil their liabilities? What players remain are under contract so ending those deals mean the contract must be paid up. By mutual agreement. A club needs 11 players to fulfil its fixtures but could do without the person who helps out in the office.
So, why am I talking shite?

I can do what I want actually. What you’ve said is a load of shite.

We’re all not renewing due to the two absolute fuds in charge (plus others). Pretty sure it’s clear from those at the top that if they want us all to renew, which they do, then they’ll look to implement those changes to get the customers back and not start sacking off the absolute milfies in the ticket office.

Just to check folks thinking - would you refuse to renew or buy season tickets only if Campbell AND Lang are removed, or would one of Campbell OR Lang suffice?

For me they should both be gone. If what has been rumoured regarding the salary Campbell is on is true we cannot afford to be paying that as a league 1 club. Plus they have overseen one disaster after another during their tenure and both need to go.

For me they should both be gone. If what has been rumoured regarding the salary Campbell is on is true we cannot afford to be paying that as a league 1 club. Plus they have overseen one disaster after another during their tenure and both need to go. 

Agree. Both need to go.

However for me it’s not just about them going. I want to know the strategy of anyone coming in, in their place, before I’ll renew or contribute to any share issue.

Just a honest post bud from someone outside the club . yes heads will roll from top to bottom . but the chairperson and board members are only carrying out orders from above

Surely they are put in those positions to steer the club in the right direction on behalf of the other major stakeholders? Something they have miserably failed to deliver.....