The Falkirk FC Thread

My take on the Academy closing hasn't changed, in that the majority of people complaining about its closure are parents who can't tell their mates their laddie plays for Falkirk any more.

I am sure there may be one or two with kids involved, but that’s certainly not the case for me and it was very obvious on Saturday that many of those loan players we have playing for us couldn’t give a f**k at a time of real need.
At least players coming out of the academy feel part of the club and are much more likely to be motivated to try.
I believe we were known for bringing through young talent, even if they don’t go on to big things.
Part of our identity as a club disappeared when the academy was disbanded...

I will not renew if Campbell/Laing are still in place. We will probably see staff lose their jobs if we go down who have had no power over how the playing side of things have gone. Why should they lose their jobs and the likes of Campbell remain. I only go to home games but it will be a pay at the gate for me unless there is a regime change.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I will not renew if Campbell/Laing are still in place. We will probably see staff lose their jobs if we go down who have had no power over how the playing side of things have gone. Why should they lose their jobs and the likes of Campbell remain. I only go to home games but it will be a pay at the gate for me unless there is a regime change.

Do what you like but if you pay at the gate 18 times you're just giving them more cash.

My hope is that Laing/Campbell are just holding off and will go at the end of the season. Probably not a good look to walk away for them before we're officially done for.

The only truly effective way of getting rid of club owners etc is by starving them of cash. Fans who protest and happily buy tickets and replica shirts are totally missing the point.
These guys will not be sure if that's a bluff, or a double bluff coming from a Pars man. I say don't buy season tickets, shirts and don't protest either. Then once the current board are on their knees, make your offer to buy. Oh sorry, just been watching Suits.

Get your banners out, have a protest outside the ground. Be peacefully hostile. Call yourselves Seaside Rebellion.

Do what you like but if you pay at the gate 18 times you're just giving them more cash.
My hope is that Laing/Campbell are just holding off and will go at the end of the season. Probably not a good look to walk away for them before we're officially done for.
I get where you are coming from, I work until 2pm on a Saturday so that's why it's home games only. I would pick and choose my games if the current regime is still in place. If they go I will renew.

I will reward meaningful change with my season ticket money, I'm not going to give lang & Campbell the slightest chance to use my money to justify their staying in place. 

As has been said, withholding season ticket money is pretty much the only leverage fans have - and it works, look where Sevco ended up compared to where the blazers wanted them.

While it's admirable not renewing season tickets until regime change occurs, it's worth bearing in mind that you will be starving the club the funds that are needed to pay the hard working backroom staff. Season ticket money doesn't just fund players but also the admin staff. Bet your bottom dollar that they are the first to go should cuts be needed. 

Surely if change is wanted, it shouldn't be at the expense of people's jobs.

Pretty gutted to see Falkirk probably fall in to league 1. 
I usually hate the narrative of continually piling in to boards and managers and acting as if you could do a better job but this is one of those rare exceptions. 
The mismanagement from board level and Hartley in particular as a manager seems bafflingly poor. To the extent you genuinely could imagine you and your mates handling it all better. The “strategy” has just been so poorly thought out. Disband the academy which was giving you a good chance of promotion and then spunk money on signing more players than any other team in the country.  Possibly I just don’t understand the economics very well but surely their wage bill must be through the roof right now.  After watching you beat Ayr a few weeks ago I was actually convinced you’d end up alright.
Life goes on and I’m sure you will bounce back ASAP but I can imagine you guys who dedicate so much time/resource following the club  for them to just seem so directionless or misdirected must make you want to hit your head against a wall.
It’s probably been covered earlier in the thread but if anyone has the figures for how much savings closing the academy has brought about I’d be appreciative as I’m curious.  

The cost for the 2nd tier that Falkirk decided to go into in June 17 was around 130-140k. The shite peddled by the Chair and CEO at the time was a disgraceful misleading figure about three times this based on the cost of elite status which they had binned the pursuit of 6 months earlier

15 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

While it's admirable not renewing season tickets until regime change occurs, it's worth bearing in mind that you will be starving the club the funds that are needed to pay the hard working backroom staff. Season ticket money doesn't just fund players but also the admin staff. Bet your bottom dollar that they are the first to go should cuts be needed. 

Surely if change is wanted, it shouldn't be at the expense of people's jobs.

Nah sorry, but that's a load of shite.

Just seen some balloon on that Facebook page suggesting that we boycott purchasing season tickets if the current board members are still in place at the start of next season no matter the division. What's everyone's thoughts on that?
Won't be renewing or spending a penny until theres a change