The Falkirk FC Thread

On 27/04/2019 at 12:47, Duncan Freemason said:

Well that’s a definite contradiction right there. I had taken an elderly neighbour to his Probus Club meeting, and Alex was the speaker that day. Something very different came from Alex that day and he said that due to his imminent departure, he felt it inappropriate to have any input into the appointment of the next Falkirk manager. He said a new chapter of his life was about to begin, and he wouldn’t be here to offer any advice or input and so chose to play no part in the managerial appointment. That was very much from the man himself too.

Alex Smith should have just stayed at the Probus club as a member. 

8 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

The last time we were “relegated” probably sparked our most successful period... this time though the outlook is pretty bleak! This has to be the lowest point in 30 years supporting Falkirk for me, absolutely gutted.

Things can only get better after Saturday.

I remember how grim it was for Saints in the mid 80s but it marked the start of the big turn around in fortunes for the club.  

Heard through the grape vine that the rumoured American takeover was the Hannigan group who own the beancross, park hotel and The Cladhan. They are supposedly distraught how the club is being run (being Falkirk fans) and want to help out however will only pledge money if the current board leave. They do not want to work with the current board hence why it wouldn’t work as part of a fan’s ownership.

There are two bids and this is one of them. This group are involved with a local guy who is a football agent (Celtic fan), John Park ex-Celtic scout and another finance guy from London. They made an offer for the club in the autumn. Part of their plan was to have jack Ross’s father as chairman. Were quoted telephone numbers then as the MSG don’t want to sell to them. I would dispute they are Falkirk supporters.

There are two bids and this is one of them. This group are involved with a local guy who is a football agent (Celtic fan), John Park ex-Celtic scout and another finance guy from London. They made an offer for the club in the autumn. Part of their plan was to have jack Ross’s father as chairman. Were quoted telephone numbers then as the MSG don’t want to sell to them. I would dispute they are Falkirk supporters.

Yep and the agent (celtic fan) is someome we want nowhere near our club,

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Don't want agents anywhere near the club as owners but couldn't care less if they are Falkirk fans or not. Dare say there's a few Falkirk fans amongst the current lot and that's got us nowhere. We need people who understand football and business. That's all. No interest in what strips they do or don't wear on a Saturday. 

agree with the sentiment however i think we are over a barrel when it comes to finances and really need some type of sugar daddy to come in and bail us out and take us forward. agree dont care what club they support as long as they support and provide necessary finances to progress falkirk in the leagues, finish the stadium and get us playing with a bit of finesse and entertainment again. been dire the past couple seasons.

15 hours ago, moanthebairns said:

Who exactly has been lording it over Morton fans. We don't care about Morton, I mean its an ok fixture because you can get the train to Glasgow before and after for a piss up and its nice to stand on the terraces but other than that Morton mean nothing to us. 

You had a manager for six games or so that tbh a lot of Falkirk fans, myself included weren't really that excited about signing, presumably on better terms and more money than Morton offered. Let it go, I get the irony and banter but this faux rivalry is a bit far. 

agree. waste of oxygen the morton trying to create goad into some sort of rivalry. morton  wont get betweeen us and the fifers, were too busy. go get your own/ find someone who cares what you do to build a history relationship with.,

36 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Don't want agents anywhere near the club as owners but couldn't care less if they are Falkirk fans or not. Dare say there's a few Falkirk fans amongst the current lot and that's got us nowhere. We need people who understand football and business. That's all. No interest in what strips they do or don't wear on a Saturday. 

16 minutes ago, faedenny said:

agree with the sentiment however i think we are over a barrel when it comes to finances and really need some type of sugar daddy to come in and bail us out and take us forward. agree dont care what club they support as long as they support and provide necessary finances to progress falkirk in the leagues, finish the stadium and get us playing with a bit of finesse and entertainment again. been dire the past couple seasons.

Dont care who he is a fan of but this particular agent is an unsavory character to say the least and more fitted to the Livingstons and Hamiltons of this world if you catch my drift,

For me the fans buyout remains our best hope, it diminishes the MSG power in the short term and lets all raised monies stay in the club, obv the MSG need to agree which they seemed n board with but now looks like a few want to get their cash and run.

Edited by falkirkzombie

We pledged 700k in 2/3 weeks and among the Patrons there is more than enough financial muscle IMO. We don’t need to be going beyond this group with supporters backing. The key is getting the current custodians fingers out of the pie as quickly and as cheaply as possible

dont know anything about this agent, so wont comment either way, just fed up and want to see us competing in the leagues again. this signing luke warm journeymen isnt working, maybe if we had a better budget or at least better recruitment we could compete better. or is it the manager. have we signed a diddy? who cant motivate? seems a real lack of basics and creativity in the team we have. that said we will lose the best we have back to parent clubs. left with the dross yet again. another team building excercise this summer, whether we stay up or go down. and if we stay up does anyone really think we can compete with what we have?

a lot of blame going to the bod for the shambles the way the club has been run and rightly so, but do they restrict the playing staff and signings or is that all on ray. he has had half a season to turn or at least compete to keep us up. the alloa and morton games have killed us recently - if ray cant get the players fighting in them what use are they?

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Gates of 4,000 yet craving a sugar daddy?

Jeez.

I can’t be bothered going into too much detail but thought it was fairly well documented the issues we have with stadium costs and ability to earn from it on non-match days and how it impacts our budget. 

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Gates of 4,000 yet craving a sugar daddy?

Jeez.

gates of 4000  to be applauded especially with gash we have been served up....well where is the money being spent...certainly not on the team. or if they have we have been diddled. my understanding is the club is breaking even, just. the whole reason for binning the academy was to put all our money  into the first team suggesting we dont have the money to by decent players. also fed up looking at grangemouth i would like the stadium completed....and i know the arguments over not filling the current stands but it would be nice to have a finished stadium.

currently we dont have an academy now, what are we going to sell to boost coffers next season if we dont get current bod out.

dont know anything about this agent, so wont comment either way, just fed up and want to see us competing in the leagues again. this signing luke warm journeymen isnt working, maybe if we had a better budget or at least better recruitment we could compete better. or is it the manager. have we signed a diddy? who cant motivate? seems a real lack of basics and creativity in the team we have. that said we will lose the best we have back to parent clubs. left with the dross yet again. another team building excercise this summer, whether we stay up or go down. and if we stay up does anyone really think we can compete with what we have?
a lot of blame going to the bod for the shambles the way the club has been run and rightly so, but do they restrict the playing staff and signings or is that all on ray. he has had half a season to turn or at least compete to keep us up. the alloa and morton games have killed us recently - if ray cant get the players fighting in them what use are they?

Ray is not a diddy- just a two faced snake who jumps at any job with a sniff of progression instead of seeing his job through and look where that has got him

Ray is not a diddy- just a two faced snake who jumps at any job with a sniff of progression instead of seeing his job through and look where that has got him
I look forward to the next time I am faced with a choice between progression for myself and my family versus "seeing my job through".

Who wants to guess how that will go.

4 minutes ago, RR35 said:

Ray is not a diddy- just a two faced snake who jumps at any job with a sniff of more lovely money in his pocket instead of seeing his job through and look where that has got him

FTFY. 

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Is that what you think you are doing here?
Embarrassed for you.....

Don't be embarrassed for me just be embarrassed for the club you support the shite players iand the shite board of Falkirk Fc the league one club in waiting.

Edited by gmfc