The Falkirk FC Thread

He played 2 up the second half against alloa & against Morton,I'm not defending him but the amount of people saying it as if it's as easy as that,we lost both those games & picked up a lot more points playing 5-4-1

Absolutely pointless playing two up if they are getting zero service from midfield.

I know he’s not universally popular but thought we missed Paton yesterday. Out of all the players who aren’t on loan, he’s been one that seemed to care and once he got his medical issue sorted was a decent contributor. 

His honesty in some interviews was refreshing calling performance what it was ‘unacceptable’. Just don’t see the value is Osman at all. He’s just a big lump and too slow to actually impact the game most of time. Can’t pass 6 yards or forward. 

Im trying to get any plan for Saturday so im not tempted to go to the stadium.
We absolutely deserve to go down, no hard luck stories or anything, been abysmal all season aside from a very brief hint of form after the transfer window.
Even if we somehow managed to fall into 9th place id have 0 confidence in us winning the playoffs. Not sure the team we've played the past few weeks would beat Hartleys imposters.
Once we're officially down we should sack everyone, burn the stadium to the ground (with or without the board still inside), salt the earth, start The Falkirk 2019 and look forward to a glorious future.
Either that or replace the board and management with semi-competent people and hope for the best.

Worst club management in the league, it takes some special skills to put us in this position . FEXIT - one f**k up after another and a woman left to take the blame! Sounds familiar !

3 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I know he’s not universally popular but thought we missed Paton yesterday. Out of all the players who aren’t on loan, he’s been one that seemed to care and once he got his medical issue sorted was a decent contributor. 

His honesty in some interviews was refreshing calling performance what it was ‘unacceptable’. Just don’t see the value is Osman at all. He’s just a big lump and too slow to actually impact the game most of time. Can’t pass 6 yards or forward. 

Osman was our best player yesterday and has generally been very solid since he signed. I'd certainly rather have him in the team than McShane.

4 minutes ago, BathgateBairn7 said:
18 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Absolutely pointless playing two up if they are getting zero service from midfield.

Couldn't agree more i wish i was watching attacking 4-4-2 every week,but ray knows we're not good enough to play it & losing those 2 games prove it

Main problem is even if we had creativity and service in midfield, we’ve not got two strikers....sort of a requirement for playing two up top. 

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, BathgateBairn7 said:
16 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Couldn't agree more i wish i was watching attacking 4-4-2 every week,but ray knows we're not good enough to play it & losing those 2 games prove it

What I'd give for a simple 442 these days!

Didn't go yesterday but it sounds as if it was horrendous again, could've been 5 down at half time is what I was told. 

Get the Falkirk dream team of Kerr Miller and Baird in. All could still play some football in League 1 and pretty sure they would attract the right players that we need.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Osman was our best player yesterday and has generally been very solid since he signed. I'd certainly rather have him in the team than McShane.

Watching a diff game to me then. He’s never at any point excelled. He’s flattered to deceive. Had some ok performances but generally when the opposition tried to play through the middle. As soon as they hit down the flanks he’s taken totally out the game and spends most of the time chasing play without ever being part of it. 

I wouldn’t even want him in a league 1 squad for next season. 

3 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

What an idiot. A few weeks/months ago we were clear of Alloa and Partick in 8th and should have been looking upwards. We then fail to win at home to Partick, Alloa and Morton and look where we are. One man to blame here I’m afraid. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

IMG_1978.jpg

Incredible comment to make

What a fud

5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What I'd give for a simple 442 these days!

Didn't go yesterday but it sounds as if it was horrendous again, could've been 5 down at half time is what I was told. 

Get the Falkirk dream team of Kerr Miller and Baird in. All could still play some football in League 1 and pretty sure they would attract the right players that we need.

Kerr is probably capable at minimum being a squad player for us next season if we are in this league.  Would scoosh league 1. 

3 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

What an idiot. A few weeks/months ago we were clear of Alloa and Partick in 8th and should have been looking upwards. We then fail to win at home to Partick, Alloa and Morton and look where we are. One man to blame here I’m afraid. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

IMG_1978.jpg

What an astonishing statement that is. Bizarre :lol:

The fans chanting "We want our club back" yesterday have a point.  With the Academy gone and two complete clearouts, there's nobody really left with any connection to the club. The players are mostly loans and short term deals and the management have no history with us.  Behind the scenes I think only Totten could be called a Falkirk man. The club are going to need the fans more than ever when we go down. Players we get in are very unlikely to be capable of taking us on decent cup runs and the general standard of football in that league isn't going to attract the less committed fans. Much has been said about the cost of getting McKinnon and his staff in but the facts of the matter are they've failed to do the job they were hired to do and, with his style of play and bizarre statements, McKinnon's lost the goodwill of most fans - they have to go. A clearout on the pitch is inevitable again (especially if rumours of relegation clauses are true) and we need somebody to say "Stop. What are we trying to do here?". It's not going to be just about getting promoted again, we need to get some of the feeling back. I'd see if Kerr & Miller were still interested in coming and then give them the chance to cut their teeth. If they play attractive football and bring in players with heart and desire I'd personally give them more than one season to get us back if that's what it took.

We need to build a squad of players not just to try and get up next season but the nucleas needs to be capable of competing in the championship if we do go up. This won't be done with loans and short term deals. Squad rotation every window does not work.