The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, everyone at Alloa, Partick, Queen of the South, Morton and Dunfermline would have gladly accepted Falkirk being three points adrift going into the last game of the season, but that sounds like someone under serious pressure talking and making a monumental arse of it.

Being fair, I'm sure what he intended to say is that he's confident in his players to take control of their own destiny and that by beating, erm, the league champions on the final day they can fix things for themselves, but....

... Actually I have no idea what he's trying to say at all.  

Except we have zero control of our own destiny, as a draw for Alloa against what sounds like a severely weakened Ayr Utd renders our result absolutely meaningless.

Thought his comments through the week - that up until the Morton game we had been right on it - were delusional, but this interview is on a different level again. All confidence (or at least any that remained) in him now gone. Crystal clear where the woeful lack of drive and urgency in our recent performances emanates from.  His complacency defies belief.

I'm 3000 miles away in the  USA and even from here I can see that we played for draws instead of going out to win games I remember a Falkirk team getting relegated under jeffries and that team got applauded of the park every week because they played attacking entertaining good football and actually tried to win games the fans can accept going down if the team is playing attacking football which sadly this teams not 

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Except we have zero control of our own destiny, as a draw for Alloa against what sounds like a severely weakened Ayr Utd renders our result absolutely meaningless.

Thought his comments through the week - that up until the Morton game we had been right on it - were delusional, but this interview is on a different level again. All confidence (or at least any that remained) in him now gone. Crystal clear where the woeful lack of drive and urgency in our recent performances emanates from.  His complacency defies belief.

Yeah, I realised that as I was typing it.  I guess he's just talking under enormous pressure.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What about that dick McKinnon saying he’s happy going into last game 3 behind as we have a chance.

What a fucking loser.

Just curious, how many games had Falkirk played this season before he appointed Falkirk manager? and how points did they have before he came. 

It is not in our own hands next week. Depending on a result on the Alloa result and to their credit deserve the play off place more than us, oh ! how the mighty have fallen. This time it has to be a case of throw  caution to the wind and go for it.  Motivation is the key. Most of the players won't be there next season and they know it. Are they going to be pinging into 30- 70 tackles ? Are they to run and work till they drop ? They may think they will but deep down not a chance. So give them a target of a massive bonus for a win. Get and early goal which would get the nerves going with the Alloa guys. Can't see any other way of getting a result.

Just curious, how many games had Falkirk played this season before he appointed Falkirk manager? and how points did they have before he came. 

About 10 games including bet Fred cup and challenge cup, zero points

Im trying to get any plan for Saturday so im not tempted to go to the stadium.

We absolutely deserve to go down, no hard luck stories or anything, been abysmal all season aside from a very brief hint of form after the transfer window.

Even if we somehow managed to fall into 9th place id have 0 confidence in us winning the playoffs. Not sure the team we've played the past few weeks would beat Hartleys imposters.

Once we're officially down we should sack everyone, burn the stadium to the ground (with or without the board still inside), salt the earth, start The Falkirk 2019 and look forward to a glorious future.

Either that or replace the board and management with semi-competent people and hope for the best.

If Mckinnon does go and I don't think he will the only names for me is a Mark Kerr and Lee Miller partnership 2 guys win a genuine affection for the club 
That's the crux of the current predicament that started nigh on 2 years ago!

What an idiot. A few weeks/months ago we were clear of Alloa and Partick in 8th and should have been looking upwards. We then fail to win at home to Partick, Alloa and Morton and look where we are. One man to blame here I’m afraid. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.
IMG_1978.thumb.jpg.473ead95531d0ab28f08b5e037024376.jpg
This!

I agree but we are then in the territory of Lang and Campbell picking the next manager to warm the seat. Do we really trust them.

I watched on FFCTV yesterday and the guys filmed the Board and Major Shareholder leaving their seats. They looked absolutely broken and shocked by the abuse they got all day. No way should they be making any strategic calls for the club now. No one can trust them to do anything right.

The current board must go if we go down should go if we stay up and will go if we don’t buy season tickets . Tea and scones in the board room next week should be their last ! They are responsible for this FEXIT mess .You could run a small country with less beaurocats than we have .

I agree with you he shouldn't be happy like I say we should have attacked teams played 2 strikers and Robson out wide maybe he'll do that next week but we do still have a chance albeit a small one 
He played 2 up the second half against alloa & against Morton,I'm not defending him but the amount of people saying it as if it's as easy as that,we lost both those games & picked up a lot more points playing 5-4-1