The Falkirk FC Thread

I think Goodwin would jump at the chance of a full time club. Surely we would pay him 5x more money? He could take Falkirk far and move on like Jack Ross 

Nae offence chump. But Jim Goodwin is not moving to fucking Falkirk.

Sounds better than watching a McKinnon team play.
Theres a new fishmongers opened up in Callendar Square. Its hard to get a decent fishmongers these days, tend to have to travel.

I am in Callendar Square semi regularly (though not as regularly as I would like HAHAHAHA) to go to X4L and smack f**k out of folk. Always forget my wallet though and cant sample this guys wares [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] One day I will definitely remember! My kids love breaded fish old school style so probably start off with some standard haddock and see how that goes.

Following that, I might try.... AH f**k. Just remembered football.

32 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

League One rules state that any box office team relegated into it must start the season with a manger called Jim.

Aye, but is there any similar rule for basket case clubs? 

PS -  you could be onto something else tho -  "Away In A Manger" could sum up their next season and maybe beyond....... 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I agree but we are then in the territory of Lang and Campbell picking the next manager to warm the seat. Do we really trust them.

I watched on FFCTV yesterday and the guys filmed the Board and Major Shareholder leaving their seats. They looked absolutely broken and shocked by the abuse they got all day. No way should they be making any strategic calls for the club now. No one can trust them to do anything right.

Wait till next week. Once our relegation is confirmed the abuse they get will be a lot worse.

They have both failed really badly in their jobs and not achieved any of their objectives.

The pair of them are a disgrace and deserve what they get.

Can’t believe how far Falkirk have fallen from an outsider looking in it appears after Houston left the wheels have falling off, regarding McKinnon he’s a mercenary who struggled in the first half of the season at the Rovers but turned it around during the transfer window. I think Falkirk are doomed and don’t think it will be easy in the 1 st division because it’s a total shit fest

Yep, I'm in the 'he has to go' camp. Thought he did really well getting us to January in touch given the Hartley squad. But I didn't like the transfer dealings in Jan. I thought we bought poorly and so it's turned out. Was a similar strategy to Hartley really. 

I'd love in this order :-

1) Campbell to get to f**k

2) Lang to get to f**k

3) MSG gone/ Fans buyout progresses

4) McKinnon gone

As for the new manager, who knows. Goodwin and Hopkin are comedy shouts for me - no chance of them. 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

D7C85468-3F58-4563-9A14-F36E8AEF6F0B.jpeg.935aa4be37cc7e34aaece41f59c0a767.thumb.jpeg.77686776066aee06af05e3e465e760fc.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What about that dick McKinnon saying he’s happy going into last game 3 behind as we have a chance.

What a fucking loser.

He’d have taken that in October.

You and nobody else Raymond.

What an idiot. A few weeks/months ago we were clear of Alloa and Partick in 8th and should have been looking upwards. We then fail to win at home to Partick, Alloa and Morton and look where we are. One man to blame here I’m afraid. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

IMG_1978.jpg

7 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

He’d have taken that in October.

You and nobody else Raymond.

In fairness, everyone at Alloa, Partick, Queen of the South, Morton and Dunfermline would have gladly accepted Falkirk being three points adrift going into the last game of the season, but that sounds like someone under serious pressure talking and making a monumental arse of it.

Being fair, I'm sure what he intended to say is that he's confident in his players to take control of their own destiny and that by beating, erm, the league champions on the final day they can fix things for themselves, but....

... Actually I have no idea what he's trying to say at all.  

8 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

What an idiot. A few weeks/months ago we were clear of Alloa and Partick in 8th and should have been looking upwards. We then fail to win at home to Partick, Alloa and Morton and look where we are. One man to blame here I’m afraid. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

IMG_1978.jpg

I dont think he's exactly wrong with the statement.  In the autumn we had hartleys signings that weren't good enough and we were floundering.  The difference is, now we caught up and were ahead in several points so its no longer good enough.  If we had been trailing by a huge margin and had clawed it back to 3 points behind it would be a different matter.

1 minute ago, Jim Jenkins said:

I agree with you he shouldn't be happy like I say we should have attacked teams played 2 strikers and Robson out wide maybe he'll do that next week but we do still have a chance albeit a small one 

I think we should go 5-3-2, with robson on the left, not sure who but it would prob be mcghee on the right.  

I expect we'll be subjected to another 4-3-3, esp with the chance petra is back.