The Falkirk FC Thread

Above is the league table since the start of January, it is actually better than I thought it would have been. Maybe pre January was just too hard to come back from after all!

Nice try, but you were 8th a few weeks ago for a wee while, with two six-pointers at home still remaining to help you push clear of trouble. Instead you proved to be still utter shite, got pumped in both of them and are therefore going doon. #getdoon

IMG_1512.thumb.jpg.bd4f2165ff35aadf7a66e27a70817c71.jpg

Our form that got us into this is odd... Looking at a straight up form table is misleading though. Its been the clutch games where we needed to beat those round us, or where we needed to match them that we have been fpund wanting. For all a point is a point and 3 points is 3 points, there are forks in the road in any season and when we have reached any of them, we have failed to do the necessary.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

VT is right in fairness - we improved but have regressed massively again over the last 6-8 weeks.

He's absolutely right. McKinnon did improve us, and I was quite confident about staying up.

Then we started playing shite, and all the teams around us started winning.

56 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Would like to see a table from since the window shut.

Think it’d make even better reading for us than it already does.

Believe this is right...

Screenshot_20190424-210159_Chrome.thumb.jpg.27882f8a8f9b0968685bd1c9dec79d60.jpg

we've been utter sh1te for 2 seasons and we're exactly where we deserve to be.

the club's a shambles, the team's a shambles and the league position doesn't lie.

If by some miracle we don't go down it will only serve as an excuse foe the bod's to do fock all and leave the club to simmer in its own sh1teneas for another season.

been sick of the way the club's run for years now, they're all focking amateurs.

Anyone know if Airdrie are about to go bust again ?  or someone else in league one as thats the only way i can see us avoiding the drop or increasing the amount of teams in the Championship.

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Anyone know if Airdrie are about to go bust again ?  or someone else in league one as thats the only way i can see us avoiding the drop or increasing the amount of teams in the Championship.

pretty sure Airdrie are considering going full time are they not? 

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It’s strange to hear McKinnon talk about how it was almost an impossible job to keep Falkirk up when he’s been in charge for about 90-95% of the season and was given the money to change virtually the entire squad.

It was so impossible that he had us outside the relegation places a few short weeks ago.

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It’s strange to hear McKinnon talk about how it was almost an impossible job to keep Falkirk up when he’s been in charge for about 90-95% of the season and was given the money to change virtually the entire squad.

Bear in mind he had to limp near enough half the season what is the equivalent of putting a donkey in the grand national, to pick up any points with that lot is near a miracle in fact to pick up any points with Fasan in goal is genuinely a miracle (I am well aware i constantly have a go at him but he seriously is the worst goalkeeper i have seen in a Falkirk shirt)

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Bear in mind he had to limp near enough half the season what is the equivalent of putting a donkey in the grand national, to pick up any points with that lot is near a miracle in fact to pick up any points with Fasan in goal is genuinely a miracle (I am well aware i constantly have a go at him but he seriously is the worst goalkeeper i have seen in a Falkirk shirt)

The team was bad but there was definitely potential in it. There were players in the team who weren't playing under Hartley that could have came in and been better than what was there. McKee frozen out etc. Both managers this season have hated him and, although he sometimes flatters to deceive, he gets his fair share of goals. If only a manager actually believed in him and told him to go out and play.

There were also players in the team (who are still there, McGhee, Paton etc) who have been up the top of the league, either with us or elsewhere.

If we go down, McKinnon should not escape blame.

It was like that time Moyes went in to Sunderland and declared they were in a relegation battle on the opening day. If that's your mindset, that's where you'll be.

Every single post match interview McKinnon done he basically said the players were p!sh.

Obviously, we all know Hartley is hopeless, but when he came in he said he wanted to finish in the play-offs. Whilst we didn't make it, at least we landed well clear of relegation.

McKinnon oot fs. Actual cannae stand him.

Nice try, but you were 8th a few weeks ago for a wee while, with two six-pointers at home still remaining to help you push clear of trouble. Instead you proved to be still utter shite, got pumped in both of them and are therefore going doon. #getdoon

IMG_1512.thumb.jpg.bd4f2165ff35aadf7a66e27a70817c71.jpg

A bit like your patter I guess you utter fuckin bore