The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I'm totally on board with blaming Fasan for relegation. Worst keeper we've ever had. He'll be remembered in 40 years' time.

I can see CC ML the MSG and McKinnon having a wee whip round for you. A kaching post.

A player is symptomatic, not root cause. You would also have to factor in every chance missed by any outfield player. Unless there is an algorithm to cover every error by every player, it’s ultimately meaningless. What if Jordan McGhee hadn’t switched off and allowed Oakley to stroll past him and score in the first game of the season?

I don’t think you can say he is any more culpable than say Harrison or Dallison.....they all made mistakes, and lots of them. Ultimately the biggest factors lie further up the food chain.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

41 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A player is symptomatic, not root cause. You would also have to factor in every chance missed by any outfield player. Unless there is an algorithm to cover every error by every player, it’s ultimately meaningless. What if Jordan McGhee hadn’t switched off and allowed Oakley to stroll past him and score in the first game of the season?

I don’t think you can say he is any more culpable than say Harrison or Dallison.....they all made mistakes, and lots of them. Ultimately the biggest factors lie further up the food chain.

It is indeed a collective blame shaming issue, very few escape either on the park or off the park

Burgoyne and Rudden(Dixon wouldve been in there but he has fell off a cliff recently, perhaps having players in the centre that are worse than him there the issue) escape blame, the rest can have the finger pointed at varying points of the season, off the park no one escapes blame with both managers and the board.

Fasan still is the worst keeper I have seen at Falkirk since the demise of Allan Ferguson, Tho Allan had years of wonderful form before he was done 

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It is indeed a collective blame shaming issue, very few escape either on the park or off the park

Burgoyne and Rudden(Dixon wouldve been in there but he has fell off a cliff recently, perhaps having players in the centre that are worse than him there the issue) escape blame, the rest can have the finger pointed at varying points of the season, off the park no one escapes blame with both managers and the board.

Fasan still is the worst keeper I have seen at Falkirk since the demise of Allan Ferguson, Tho Allan had years of wonderful form before he was done 

I would say Fasan single handedly gave away a good few of the points until Mitchell and then Burgoyne came in dont get me wrong most keepers have some howlers but Fasan is right up there with worst of them, if i was to single anyone out for our relegation it would be Hartley for signing a bunch of duds normally there are a few gems in amongst some shite but to sign 17 shite players is a big ask for anyone.

Guest Ecosse83

Everyone is to blame. The clowns running the club, Hartley, the shite Hartley signed, McKinnon, the shite McKinnon signed. 

The only plus for me is how well the fans have backed the club this season, beggars belief some of the away crowds we have had with what has been served up. 

Doesn't matter what league we are in we need a complete clearout. A good manager could easily sign a totally new team at our level and do well, just need to find that manager!

Guest Ecosse83
1 Dundee United FC Dundee United 15 9 3 3 18:11 7 30
2 Ross County FC Ross County 15 9 2 4 22:16 6 29
3 Partick Thistle FC Partick Thistle 15 7 5 3 22:18 4 26
4 Falkirk FC Falkirk FC 15 5 7 3 18:14 4 22
5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC Inverness Cal. 15 6 3 6 17:17 0 21
6 Alloa Athletic FC Alloa Athletic 15 6 1 8 18:23 -5 19
7 Dunfermline Athletic FC Dunfermline A. 15 5 3 7 13:13 0 18
8 Greenock Morton FC Morton 15 3 6 6 12:17 -5 15
9 Queen of the South FC Queen o. t. S. 15 4 2 9 14:19 -5 14
10 Ayr United FC Ayr United Scottish Second Division champion 17/18 15 4 2 9 11:17 -6 14

Guest Ecosse83

Above is the league table since the start of January, it is actually better than I thought it would have been. Maybe pre January was just too hard to come back from after all!

11 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:
10 Ayr United FC Ayr United Scottish Second Division champion 17/18 15 4 2 9 11:17 -6 14

Would like to see a table from since the window shut.

Think it’d make even better reading for us than it already does.

7 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Can you not just enjoy your now traditional playoff failure and give us a bit of piece? Concentrating on going down in style over here, y'know.

Having a pop at any other team for failing in the play-offs is a bold move.

28 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On another note at least when we do get relegated thats the sales pitch for the beach towels sorted, 

Ready for the new season we are:

Image result for falkirk fc beach towel

image.png

We need magic carpets noo

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Above is the league table since the start of January, it is actually better than I thought it would have been. Maybe pre January was just too hard to come back from after all!

5 wins 7 draws

3 out the 5 wins we deserved and a lot of those draws we didnt deserve a draw.

Its a shitfest of standard this season, the budget we have had, if a manager had an ounce of savvy about him , we wouldnt be anywhere near where we are

21 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

All that highlights to me is how crap some others have been, and we've blown it.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

5 wins 7 draws

3 out the 5 wins we deserved and a lot of those draws we didnt deserve a draw.

Its a shitfest of standard this season, the budget we have had, if a manager had an ounce of savvy about him , we wouldnt be anywhere near where we are

I know it's still not great but I am surprised we are 4th in the table since the turn of the year.