The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Fasan is the worst keeper I think i've ever seen. I have no doubt we'd not be going down if he'd simply been switched with a competent keeper from the offset this season. The defenders we had were dire, but they made worse by him every game he played.Much as I think we are actually going down it will be insane if we manage to stay up given the absolute shambles that Hartley put together for the first half of the season. We basically gave the rest of the league close to a half season head-start. 

We'd be level on points with Alloa if that clownshoes had come for a corner instead of moaning to the ref about a little bit pushing. We'd also have taken at least a point from Somerset and arguably held on for a draw at Cappielow. That's just off the top of my head. Think he was also at fault for goals at home to Ayr and Dundee Utd, both when the game was 0-0.

We've been rank for the majority of the season, but there are still a number of 'what-if' moments that will hurt when we're relegated.

Edited by lanky_ffc

We'd be level on points with Alloa if that clownshoes had come for a corner instead of moaning to the ref about a little bit pushing. We'd also have taken at least a point from Somerset and arguably held on for a draw at Cappielow. That's just off the top of my head. Think he was also at fault for goals at home to Ayr and Dundee Utd, both when the game was 0-0.
It was Mitchell that fucked it in the home defeat to Ayr.

No doubt Fasan was a horror show. Mitchell had several bad moments though. IIRC Mitchell did have one game where he was credited with keeping us in it for a point though... The most credit I have seen given to Fasan was Queens fans saying he kept the score down in the shame game that finished off Hartley.

So aye, in conclusion, Fasan can get loaded into the trebuchet now.

14 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

After 71 minutes, Ayr have had zero shots on target. Why should they? All they have to determine is if they finish 3rd or 4th. Foot off the gas, and rest a player or three for the play offs.

At the moment I don't think we'll ever score another goal, which is hardly surprising when you don't take shots on goal or look capable of stringing 2 passes together. If you thought we were bad when you last played us at Somerset then multiply that hopelessness by about 10. It's nothing personal but I can't see us taking anything from Thistle or Alloa in our last 2 matches as we're rank and we're now at the stage of our players picking fights with their own supporters. 

Does Mark Kerr have any previous for this ? or is he just incredibly frustrated ??

He's not the only one right enough, however the last couple of months has given us a taste of how you must have been feeling for most of this season and I agree that it's not nice..................

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

At the moment I don't think we'll ever score another goal, which is hardly surprising when you don't take shots on goal or look capable of stringing 2 passes together. If you thought we were bad when you last played us at Somerset then multiply that hopelessness by about 10. It's nothing personal but I can't see us taking anything from Thistle or Alloa in our last 2 matches as we're rank and we're now at the stage of our players picking fights with their own supporters. 

Does Mark Kerr have any previous for this ? or is he just incredibly frustrated ??

He's not the only one right enough, however the last couple of months has given us a taste of how you must have been feeling for most of this season and I agree that it's not nice..................

Mark Kerr, does indeed have previous, for being a c**t. 

Edited by NEFarab

3 hours ago, brokeville said:

To all the rival fans out there that follow this thread. Don’t forget the financial contribution our fans have given you over our time in the championship. I doubt Arbroath will make up the deficit.

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:
Yup. We'd literally not be where we are. Not that he's the only shite player, but he's the one slinging the ball into the net. 

Mitchell threw in against Queens away and Ayr at home, for balance

Hardly threw it in v Queens, should've done better but it wasn't Fasanesque.

Ayr game granted was, he got us the three points through at Ayr and for me personally if he had been given time earlier to settle, would've improved us, tho compared to Fasan, the bar wasn't set high

Hardly threw it in v Queens, should've done better but it wasn't Fasanesque.
Ayr game granted was, he got us the three points through at Ayr and for me personally if he had been given time earlier to settle, would've improved us, tho compared to Fasan, the bar wasn't set high
The goal the left back (Marshall?) Scored for Queens was shite IMO. Second was a loopy header IIRC which is always hard to judge since they always look like the keeper should have done better but could just have been perfectly placed. He was certainly left down badly by the defence letting the cross come in the pish poor marking

Ayr away was the game where he played out his skin, well remembered.

Thats where Mitchell gets more credit since Fasan doesnt have a single one of those performances to look back at.

The goal the left back (Marshall?) Scored for Queens was shite IMO. Second was a loopy header IIRC which is always hard to judge since they always look like the keeper should have done better but could just have been perfectly placed. He was certainly left down badly by the defence letting the cross come in the pish poor marking

Ayr away was the game where he played out his skin, well remembered.

Thats where Mitchell gets more credit since Fasan doesnt have a single one of those performances to look back at.

Did he not save a dobbie pen in that QoS game as well?

Was thinking about it over lunch there, the script is so fucking easily written. DKD, Robson and Rudden between them on Saturday have enough talent and desire to deliver the result. This to be followed by no DKD against RC, Robson to be dropped and not a single shot on target. 

I just wish I could be in the Tannadice away dressing room on Sat and pick the team cuz I ken its just no gonna be right at all.
3 holding mids, 1 striker, nae Tommy etc etc etc. Bored tbh. Just confirm us awready, Arabs and get this purge rolling.
I would like to be in there too. I reckon I could land on at least 4 people before I got overwhelmed.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:
I just wish I could be in the Tannadice away dressing room on Sat and pick the team cuz I ken its just no gonna be right at all.
3 holding mids, 1 striker, nae Tommy etc etc etc. Bored tbh. Just confirm us awready, Arabs and get this purge rolling.

I would like to be in there too. I reckon I could land on at least 4 people before I got overwhelmed.

As long as they are the ones on my bench.