The Falkirk FC Thread

We have a better GD than Alloa so a win can quite feasibly take us off the bottom.

Aye this. As much as we are fucked already did anyone actually see Partick as the team to catch? They are playing probably the worst form team in the league twice in one week.

Well apart from us but that’s a given.

The games that have truly f*cked us are;

Ayr away 2-0 up, lose 3-2.

Alloa home 2-0 up, draw 2-2

Queens away 1-0 up in the 95th minute, draw 1-1.

Despite us being truly god awful we have still had numerous opportunities to get us out of this almighty mess and have spectacularly blown it. I also wouldn't hold our breath about coming back up at the first time of asking. 

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I wouldn't trust him to do it on his second attempt. 

If it happens, we need to find Edi, wherever he is. 

How many more points would we have had if Mitchell had been fit at the start of the season and in goals instead of Fasan?

A minimum of 5 extra I'd think.

9 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

I know for a fact that every single player has a relegation clause in their contract so I would be surprised if McKinnon didn’t.

Lucky if we have 6 players signed up, we never had any relegation clauses when last relegated

13 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Considering he inherited a pub team and had to build a side from loan players and whatever players that were out of favour etc that were available in January, hardly ideal for getting a team together, I'd give Ray a chance. If he were to keep to the negative tactics next season then he would have to go but see if he can change things with a reasonable squad. To still have a chance of staying up having played a full season without a midfield is nothing short of remarkable. 

One could argue we have got worse since the window, I know points state otherwise but those points have been shitfested bar the two Alloa away games and both them weren't too pretty

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hartley inherited a mess from Houston, have to give him time.

McKinnon inherited a mess from Hartley, have to give him time.

Next Manager inherited a mess from McKinnon, have to give him time...

A reserve goalie in Mutch, McShane, McClean, Paton and Petra isnt really much to inherit  

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I had asked the question on the Raith thread in terms of McKinnon’s playing style with them. There doesn’t seem to have been a lack of attacking threat, but that is explained as probably being down to the fact that they actually had a couple of decent guys up front plus Hardie on loan from you know who.

They say that he did focus a lot on defence, but he inherited some decent players further forward. He is pretty much despised for the manner in which he left them to join DU......so that’s twice I suppose.

The 4-2-3-1 was his Raith formation, which he stuck by at Utd even when it was clear it wasn't working. He had Connolly on fire in that Raith team which basically carried them into the play offs. I find it funny Raith fans seem to forget that they weren't happy with McKinnon when he was playing hoof ball to Jon Daly on a weekly basis.

Our formation was 7-2-1 on Saturday as far as I am concerned, he has made Pressley teams look like Brazil with his negativity. You can sense when we will lose a goal as you see the majority of our team around our 18 yard line. 

59 minutes ago, MattBerninger said:

The games that have truly f*cked us are;

Ayr away 2-0 up, lose 3-2.

Alloa home 2-0 up, draw 2-2

Queens away 1-0 up in the 95th minute, draw 1-1.

Despite us being truly god awful we have still had numerous opportunities to get us out of this almighty mess and have spectacularly blown it. I also wouldn't hold our breath about coming back up at the first time of asking. 

You can thank Fasan for those results or 2 of them at least.

McKinnon does not set out to play attractive football, he sets out to stop the opposition scoring and hopefully sneak a result. After some success, in days of old, McKinnon has been found out.

The question for Falkirk fans is would you prefer for others to shit the bed and you fluke the necessary results to stay up or accept time in the seaside leagues on the basis McKinnon gets the bullet or is it just inevitable you go down, McKinnon stays and nothing changes in the Boardroom?

14 minutes ago, Isheron said:

McKinnon does not set out to play attractive football, he sets out to stop the opposition scoring and hopefully sneak a result. After some success, in days of old, McKinnon has been found out.

The question for Falkirk fans is would you prefer for others to shit the bed and you fluke the necessary results to stay up or accept time in the seaside leagues on the basis McKinnon gets the bullet or is it just inevitable you go down, McKinnon stays and nothing changes in the Boardroom?

This bit.