The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Considering he inherited a pub team and had to build a side from loan players and whatever players that were out of favour etc that were available in January, hardly ideal for getting a team together, I'd give Ray a chance. If he were to keep to the negative tactics next season then he would have to go but see if he can change things with a reasonable squad. To still have a chance of staying up having played a full season without a midfield is nothing short of remarkable. 

Hartley inherited a mess from Houston, have to give him time.

McKinnon inherited a mess from Hartley, have to give him time.

Next Manager inherited a mess from McKinnon, have to give him time...

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We need to beat Dundee Utd, no if's or but's, we've got to win.

If he lines up with both Osman and Paton in the team then that will simply confirm the type of manager that we think he is. Hopefully Paton can't make it and that will force his hand but he needs to include players who can make things happen so DKD, McShane and Robson need to start with Waddington and Petra (if fit) ready to come on if need be. Possibly worth starting Lavery too to see if that would make any difference.

Apparently McGhee is also struggling so we could see Kidd and Brough coming in from the cold?

Kidd at RB > McGhee at RB

We need to beat Dundee Utd, no if's or but's, we've got to win.
If he lines up with both Osman and Paton in the team then that will simply confirm the type of manager that we think he is. Hopefully Paton can't make it and that will force his hand but he needs to include players who can make things happen so DKD, McShane and Robson need to start with Waddington and Petra (if fit) ready to come on if need be. Possibly worth starting Lavery too to see if that would make any difference.
Apparently McGhee is also struggling so we could see Kidd and Brough coming in from the cold?

Tell me you are not serious about McShane. Non trying peaheart

This reminds me of us (Livingston)  four  seasons ago. Poor team, Mark Burchill as manager, we went down via the playoffs with Hopkin in charge after he took over just before Christmas. Everyone was calling for his head, the defence was shocking, it was all doom and gloom. The board kept Hopkin on, he built his own team and we ended up in the Premiership. Don't lose hope Falkirk fans, relegation may be blessing in disguise for you, if it happens.

24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Tell me you are not serious about McShane. Non trying peaheart

No other options sadly. McShane's been very disappointing but was OK when he first came in. I think wee just need to hope that he can replicate his early form.

No other options sadly. McShane's been very disappointing but was OK when he first came in. I think wee just need to hope that he can replicate his early form.

I hope his relegation clause, if he has one, is to f**k off for free.

Hartley inherited a mess from Houston, have to give him time.
McKinnon inherited a mess from Hartley, have to give him time.
Next Manager inherited a mess from McKinnon, have to give him time...

Perfectly illustrates our ridiculous decline under the leadership of our Chairwoman and CEO.

He signed one on the back of a fag packet at Morton tbf
He specifically had the clause that stipulated release terms removed from the contract before signing it believing that would mean he could walk for free.

We all know how that turned out.

I had asked the question on the Raith thread in terms of McKinnon’s playing style with them. There doesn’t seem to have been a lack of attacking threat, but that is explained as probably being down to the fact that they actually had a couple of decent guys up front plus Hardie on loan from you know who.

They say that he did focus a lot on defence, but he inherited some decent players further forward. He is pretty much despised for the manner in which he left them to join DU......so that’s twice I suppose.

I had asked the question on the Raith thread in terms of McKinnon’s playing style with them. There doesn’t seem to have been a lack of attacking threat, but that is explained as probably being down to the fact that they actually had a couple of decent guys up front plus Hardie on loan from you know who.
They say that he did focus a lot on defence, but he inherited some decent players further forward. He is pretty much despised for the manner in which he left them to join DU......so that’s twice I suppose.
What I remember about that Raith team is that they played with serious energy and intensity. I could be wrong but thats my recollection. A really effective pressing side who worked like f**k.

Not like us at all then